Why are PES 5 & 6 so highly regarded?

Are we allowed to talk about devices such as R36S? I feel this could be the new home to PES 5/6 along with other games that special to me in ISS Pro Evolution 1 & 2. These games should live forever on handheld devices you can enjoy on the go,

PES 6 is for me the last Konami game they made which was a complete 9/10 package at the time with everything, not just gameplay but so many modes, challenges, editing capabilities and early online content. PES since then was either poor gameplay with good content or good gameplay with questionable or poor content and now...... efootball...eh.

One thing for sure is that I agree 100% in games aren't made with the same love we used to see back in this era.

Classic PES has something that most games lack. The indescribable quality that gives you the dopamine hit when you play a good through ball, score a free kick or finish your goal chance right in the corner. Modern games deal these things out as a given. E.g I’ve played FC 24 and if you’re through on goal (which happens a lot) 90% of the time you know it’s going in the back of the net.
With Classic PES these things aren’t a given and I personally think that when your vision plays out on PES as you want it to it’s so rewarding and satisfying.
Anyway, that’s what I think!

I think one part has to do with the keepers. Its a challenge to beat them 1on1 as they rush out the goal and you dont have the super fast responses from the input like in fifa to react quickly. Plus with the PES keepers you never know if it will be a save or even a human mistake. Its a great part of the satisfaction feeling.

I think PES 6 has its status because not enough players are aware of PES/WE 2008 (PS2 version). :P

Don't get me wrong, PES 6 is great, it's just that 2008 (PS2) improved it where needed.

Too bad the PC version is the PS3 version instead of the PS2.

PES 5 is a different beast though. I'd not say better or worse than 2008, just different.

This :TU:

Back
Top Bottom