What are you listening to?

kid-cudi-man-moon.jpg

Kid Cudi: Man on the Moon

Easily one of (if not the) best hip-hop album this year imo. Love this!

Kid Cudi then ...

I dunno ... Kanye mixed with DJ Shadow ... with a lot of singing and not much rapping ...

It's alright, listenable and I'll definately listen to it in the car. I like the tunes from the chorus', the beats are okay, the rapping is okay and the singing is nice at times.

Possibly a grower I guess.

Kid Cudi then ...

I dunno ... Kanye mixed with DJ Shadow ... with a lot of singing and not much rapping ...

It's alright, listenable and I'll definately listen to it in the car. I like the tunes from the chorus', the beats are okay, the rapping is okay and the singing is nice at times.

Possibly a grower I guess.

You gonna be getting DJ Hero? Sounds like its up your street...

Listened to Kid Cudi more today, album is a grower and it does get better with each listen. I do prefer the "Day n Night" remix though :)

Backspacer was interesting, best PJ album in years but nowhere as good as Ten. I guess music has changed since then and we wont get an album in the same style again. Same as Jay-Z changing his style since Reasonable Doubt :( Best song on the album is "The Fixer", very nice. "Worst" song is "Supersonic" if that's what it's called? I really don't like songs that thrash away so quickly and it's a big reason why I haven't liked any PJ material in years as loads of it sounded similar to "Supersonic".

Mentioning Jay-Z, Blueprint 3.0 is definately a grower and I'm really quite enjoying it now. Massive change in my opinion as I hated it the first listen.

Listened to Kid Cudi more today, album is a grower and it does get better with each listen. I do prefer the "Day n Night" remix though :)

Backspacer was interesting, best PJ album in years but nowhere as good as Ten. I guess music has changed since then and we wont get an album in the same style again. Same as Jay-Z changing his style since Reasonable Doubt :( Best song on the album is "The Fixer", very nice. "Worst" song is "Supersonic" if that's what it's called? I really don't like songs that thrash away so quickly and it's a big reason why I haven't liked any PJ material in years as loads of it sounded similar to "Supersonic".

Mentioning Jay-Z, Blueprint 3.0 is definately a grower and I'm really quite enjoying it now. Massive change in my opinion as I hated it the first listen.

Ah man, Supersonic is awesome! Got good memories of the first encore at the O2 the other month when they played it.

I think 'Just Breathe' is awesome though, that bassline.

I've just plugged my headphones in for another listen. These 'phones are awesome and I wanna really hear everything crystal clear...

(Got Some just came on... thats gonna be a bitch in RockBand on the drums! :LOL:)

Muse - The Resistance

muse-the-resistance-album-artwork.jpg

United States of Eurasia, Uprising and Guiding Light are my favs off the album. Muse are superb as always. EPIC.

I don't think there is one song on Backspacer I don't like. It's strange, with every album there is always that one song that I just have to skip until I get used to it. I love Just Breathe and The Fixer the most though.

On the subject of Jay Z, Blueprint was the original and best. None of his other albums have come anywhere near in my honest opinion. I'll give Blueprint 3.0 a chance though, who knows. The original Blueprint is up there with Nas - Illmatic and B.I.G. - Ready to Die for me. I can stick those three on any time.

I forgot to mention "Just Breathe", that's excellent and one that I'll be humming all day in work now :D

Not sure if there are any grunge followers here, but Alice in Chains released a new album, but without Layne Stayley of course. This to me, even if their leader isnt there, is an emotional album. During my youth I used to absolutely LOVE their music and lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom