What are you listening to?

Trying to listen to as much of "Them Crooked Vultures" that is available out there currently.

Everyone must know, but this is a new 'group', consisting of Josh Homme (QOTSA), Dave Grohl (Foos/Nirvana) and John-Paul Jones (Led Zep) as well as another QOTSA session guitarist.

Stuff sounds really funky - lot like QOTSA - if you like them, then you'll like the 'Vultures too.

Also got 'The Fixer' by Pearl Jam on pretty much constant repeat :)

Great times for music at the mo...

Arctic Monkeys new one (not a massive fan, but the Josh Homme factor shines through).

Next month got new albums by Pearl Jam, Zero 7 and Alice in Chains! Mega!!

You can really tell he played a big part in that album.

Hell yea! Totally... at times, its hard to tell if its Alex or Josh Homme singing its that close.

Take the singing away and some of the guitar riffs and drum beats are totally QOTSA.

When I first heard it, I posted on Twitter "QOTSA-lite" - its growing on me though, but I think it will alienate a lot of their fan base.

Yeah deffo, I can't find Them Crooked Vultures.:RANT:

Neither can I. :(

Arctic Monkeys are shit, no interest in them whatsoever.

No 'music' out yet as they have only done live shows - so check out their YouTube channel for some performances.

Also a 35 second clip on their channel of "Nobody Loves me, and neither do I" interspersed with video from their studio of them making the album. Sounds great - real QOTSA-ish.

EDIT: They have just put a similar vid up for "Elephants"... sounds great too. Gonna be one wicked album.

YouTube - Nobody Loves Me And Neither Do I (Studio)

YouTube - Elephants (Studio)

Last edited:
Elephants sounded great until it sped up :( Still sounded "listenable" and probably grow on me but the slower version sounded awesome.

New Jay-Z album next month as well :COOL:

51bTJoTAhbL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Anymore Vultures stuff around ???... QOTSA rule..

Not yet, but worth subscribing to their YouTube and Twitter channels. I wouldnt be surprised to see them pop up at Reading/Leeds this weekend after supporting the Arctic Monkeys in the week.

New album is rumored to be out in September, but nobody knows.

Really getting into Humbug by the 'Monkeys now and listening (and appreciating) more Beatles.

Scumbag Blues by Them Crooked Vultures sounds superb - that album is gonna rock.

I cant stop listening to it and i didn't really like the other albums.

Me neither, sort of band that you really like a couple of songs (Teddy Picker, Flourescent Adolescent, Mardy Bum, Brianstorm), but the albums are generally gash.

Humbug is quality though - maybe there is a long future for Josh Homme in production when he hangs up his guitar!?

Me neither, sort of band that you really like a couple of songs (Teddy Picker, Flourescent Adolescent, Mardy Bum, Brianstorm), but the albums are generally gash.

Humbug is quality though - maybe there is a long future for Josh Homme in production when he hangs up his guitar!?

Erm Dont like this album one bit, I find it very boring

Back
Top Bottom