What are you listening to?

Just bought The Twang's album. They're like Oasis but shit! I love them!

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere Over The Rainbow / What a Wonderful World

Lovely song.

CSS - Patins (followed by CSS - Off The Hook)

Don't know what genre this is but I love it. It has synthesisers, guitars and a beat, and it makes me smile. :D

Just a shame that there's very little actual singing. I can't stand non-rap songs where the singers talk (with the exception of Art Brut).

At the moment

Army of Anyone-Goodbye
Biosphere- In triple time
Barry Adamson- Something wicked comes this way
Blind Melon- No Rain
Filter- Hey Man, Nice Shot
Filter- the 4th
Marconi Union- Suburb 27
Massive Attack- Black Milk
Meat Beat Manifesto- Hello Teenage America
- Acid Again(Freddy Fresh Mix)
- Maintain Discipline
Nine Inch Nails- Starfuckers INC
Noel Gallagher- Teotihuacan
Spacetime Continuum- Floatilla
UNKLE- Be There(Featuring Ian Brown)

CSS - Patins (followed by CSS - Off The Hook)

Don't know what genre this is but I love it. It has synthesisers, guitars and a beat, and it makes me smile. :D

Nu-Rave. It gets right on my tits it does too. Oh lets all go to a gig get and pilled up, throw some flourescent paint around and wear some stupid fucking t-shirts with a massive slogan on like some sort of hippy. Bloody Nu-Rave.

The music's not that bad by the way, I love the Klaxons. I just hate the "scene" that surrounds it.

I can't stand the Klaxons. :eh:

I wouldn't be the part of the "scene" anyway, I hate the idea of being part of any scene.

Atm my playlist contains the following albums:

Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare = Decent enough
Maroon5 - It Won't Be Soon Before Long = half of them are good
Editors - An End Has A Start = Sounds promising
Simply Red - Stay = Classic simply red
Snow Patrol - Final Straw = great
Snow Patrol - Eyes Open = even better
The Fray - How To Save A Life = really good
Home Video - No Certain Night Or Morning = good, a bit like radiohead
Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob = good, some really good songs
Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Trip The Light Fantastic = fluffy pop, nothing special

Canibus new album - For Whom the Beats Toll.

best hip hop album for 2007! Canibus comes tight lyrically as usual. hopefully he gets support from the hip hop media.

Anyone got hold of the new White Stripes album yet? I'm loving the loudness of the drums and the heaviness of some songs. It sounds like their first album again! I recommend it to fans of their older stuff!

I just bought Dizzie Rascal's Math and English album and its a very good album. The album has a song with UGK in their which made me kind of squeal, because i thought it might be one of those American knock-off songs...but its quite a good song, Dizzie manged make the song work with UGK on it.

The albums got quite a lot of good tracks on it, so its really worth a listen.

Remember to buy the album, don't download it! SUPPORT UK HIP-HOP & GRIME SCENE!!

Canibus new album - For Whom the Beats Toll.

best hip hop album for 2007! Canibus comes tight lyrically as usual. hopefully he gets support from the hip hop media.
I doubt it!

It seems the mainstream ain't really into lyrically hip/hop music...like the music canibus makes.

It seems nowadays there all into this "snap your finger" down south dancing crap...with these rappers dancing around like Ronald McDonald in supper baggy shorts, looking like a bunch of fucking minstrels! :lol:

Last edited:
I just bought Dizzie Rascal's Math and English album and its a very good album. The album has a song with UGK in their which made me kind of squeal, because i thought it might be one of those American knock-off songs...but its quite a good song, Dizzie manged make the song work with UGK on it.

The albums got quite a lot of good tracks on it, so its really worth a listen.

Remember to buy the album, don't download it! SUPPORT UK HIP-HOP & GRIME SCENE!!

I doubt it!

It seems the mainstream ain't really into lyrically hip/hop music...like the music canibus makes.

It seems nowadays there all into this "snap your finger" down south dancing crap...with these rappers dancing around like Ronald McDonald in supper baggy shorts, looking like a bunch of fucking minstrels! :lol:

Nothing has been wrong with Canibus' lyrics - it's his choice of beats that have always been suspect.

F*ck the media - they don't give a damn about hip hop. if it ain't got girls dancing, snapping, and diamonds in the video - they don't wanna know. Completely raped our culture.

With that in mind..

Jazzy Jeff - The Magnificent

don't sleep.

also, props Stringer on the Stretch Armstrong blog. Bought tears to my eyes.

Last edited:

absolutely spot on mate:applause: this down south music make me sick too ,all the hype goes towards this shit and then forget or doesn't give enough credits to the likes of Cannibus or Papoose

Hello to all! Im back!
Now i interested in music,but somethimes i play my lovest PES 6 :)
I created my SKA punk groupp,and thirst repeticions would be 26 june :)
I was song in last group,if you interested welcome to my journal
http://kashmarzlodeev.livejournal.com

All ours Video in 3gp format!

Last edited:
My most anticipated album of the year arrived through my door finally after having it on pre-order for 2 months. I have truly never been this excited about the prospect of hearing an album.

Good to report then, that its as good as I'd hoped.

For any fans of DARTZ! I mentioned earlier in the thread, or for anyone with ears basically, check these guys out.

Tellison (www.myspace.com/tellison). The album is Contact! Contact!

Back
Top Bottom