UEFA Euro Men 2024

I can't think of another manager who gets praise for consistently getting a team *quite far* in tournaments, without actually winning anything. With a team largely comprised of players from "the best league in the world", that should be enough?

Maybe I would agree with that assessment, if not for the ridiculous (and typically English) run of good fortune labelled as "grit" or "class" by the fans (cos we're "bloody English and we just get it done don't we") - i.e. getting what should have been the easiest run to the final in existence, and having to rely on 90th/96th minute goals (one of which was from pure lump-it-in, fuck the tactics desperation), extra time and penalties.

He's not got exactly got us to the final with a pub team, yet he's made us play like one all the way there. Middlesbrough tactics aren't going to get us to another final. Sorry, and this is coming from a place of hurt right now I admit, but he's got to go. More than anything else, the players deserve better.
Exactly what I wanted to say. A semi and two finals is good if you ignore context, yet context is everything. Extreme luck with draws and missing top teams until semis and finals. Relying solely on wonder goals and last min strikes this tournament. Having amazing best in World attacking talent than asking them to play like we're Fulham.

How many good teams has he beaten without lottery of pens in a competitive fixture? I'll wait.

He had huge fortune of Euros at home then his team in final after lucky route to final defended with 11 the second they scored. Did same this tournament. He's learnt nothing.

The fact he had no left winger and no runners beyond Kane is diabolical and sackable offence. As destroyed our attack instantly.

And how bad we are to watch and how we don't keep the ball and retreat and don't create any bloody good chances in the box and have a defeatist attitude is forgivable if you win the tournament. He didnt with more than enough chances to and huge fortune with home Euros, amazing players and favourable routes to final.

Hey, we might even be able to win a Nations League too! How dare you dismiss such a prestigious time honoured championship!
😂 My apologies.
Nations league… the only competition that really matters. They should use that as their slogan. Either that or, Nations league… the only league that’s about as useful as Plankton banging a plug socket.

Truly deserved for Gareth Southgate about his resignation. This team needs a big reform in terms of squad and tactics. You have the best players, but having this kind of underrated manager is too bad. This current England team is much like the 2014-2022's Belgium "Golden Generation" team in terms of players' quality and the manager.

Harry Kane has to retire from England, probably before the 2026 World Cup. I don't want to see "the curse" to be continued once again. Even better, he might leave Bayern Munich if the club didn't win the silverware again.

Back
Top Bottom