UEFA Champions League 2014/2015

FC Porto just aplied to perfection the formula of how to beat a Guardiola's team: high pressure, extreme pressure to the CB's and DMF's, never left the FB's alone, close the passe lanes from the CB to the FB, force him to go to the middle or to hesitate.

Once again the possession for the sake of possession proves to be a terrible game plan. It's a shame that Pep has forgot that what made his Barça's team so great was possession with the purpose of making that deadly throught ball or change of pace with a one-two combination.

Sure that tones of injured players from Bayern has played a factor (especially the absence of the starting wingers), but still Bayern only has one style of play. Heynckes had four or five different gameplans, which has the main reason why that Bayern was one of the best team I've saw playing. Guardiola has different variations on tactics (4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-5-1) which is very impressive, but only one gameplan.

Btw, I don't like to speak of the refs, but how in the world Neuer remained in the game after that penalty. Absurd.

FC Porto just aplied to perfection the formula of how to beat a Guardiola's team: high pressure, extreme pressure to the CB's and DMF's, never left the FB's alone, close the passe lanes from the CB to the FB, force him to go to the middle or to hesitate.

Once again the possession for the sake of possession proves to be a terrible game plan. It's a shame that Pep has forgot that what made his Barça's team so great was possession with the purpose of making that deadly throught ball or change of pace with a one-two combination.

Sure that tones of injured players from Bayern has played a factor (especially the absence of the starting wingers), but still Bayern only has one style of play. Heynckes had four or five different gameplans, which has the main reason why that Bayern was one of the best team I've saw playing. Guardiola has different variations on tactics (4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-5-1) which is very impressive, but only one gameplan.

Btw, I don't like to speak of the refs, but how in the world Neuer remained in the game after that penalty. Absurd.

Indeed, great win for FC Porto. About the red card, in such an important match, 1:30 min mark, against one of the best teams in the world... Referee´s still don´t have the balls to do what they must do. Truth is, no matter what team is playing, shit hapens... It should have been red, period.

I agree there is no foul by Neuer as he clearly hits the ball with his left foot first. So no penalty and no red card.

Nervertheless a great match by Porto and a well deserved victory.
There are still chances for Munich in the second leg (2:0), but it will be a tough match if Porto again plays such a high pressure.

Regardless of being a good or bad call, once he awarded a penalty it's a more than clear cut goal change. Red Card. Not even a question.

And for me it's a penalty. Yes, Neuer touches the ball, but he does not take the ball out of the sphere of action of Martínez (the ball barely changed its trajectory), the latter could easily get ball if the contact didn't happen. For me personally, only if the ball is cleared away, by a few meters or its very difficult for the attacking player to get the ball, you can qualified that as a clean tackle.

For the second leg, I just hope that Bayern brings their A game and tires Porto. We have 'O Clássico' the following weekend. :P

And for me it's a penalty. Yes, Neuer touches the ball, but he does not take the ball out of the sphere of action of Martínez (the ball barely changed its trajectory), the latter could easily get ball if the contact didn't happen. For me personally, only if the ball is cleared away, by a few meters or its very difficult for the attacking player to get the ball, you can qualified that as a clean tackle.

Well, have a look on the scene again.
The ball moves, right after the touch of Neuer, in parallel to the line of the box and for about 5m before Dante kicks it away.
I doubt that Jackson wanted to start a run parallel to the line of the box - it's not like old PES or FIFA games ;)

It needs to stop giving red cards to goalkeepers for similar situations. The rule is absolutely wrong, especially in cases when the goalie defintely goes for the ball and touches it clearly.

You can also discuss if there was a foul comitted by Jackson on Alonso first - Jackson played clearly more Alonso than the ball (and less than Neuer did seconds later on) - if he played the ball at all.

In the end this doe not matter at all. It is 3:1 for Porto and Neuer on the pitch in the second leg unless he becomes injured until then ;)

Porto entered the game with completely afraid. 5 minutes in and they were already parking the bus. Against a Guardiola team that's the worst possible option. In 1st leg they made an high pressure tactic, which they should've maintained, althought not so risky. Handing the game to Bayern is always a terrible plan. Keep them away from your box and you may have a change.

I think the score was a bit too heavy and Fabiano was responsible for 3 goals. Terrible goalkeeping.

UEFA Champions League | FC Barcelona vs PSG (2-0) | Neymar
Final: FC Barcelona 2-0 PSG
Match:Barcelona vs Paris Saint-Germain
Date: April 21, 2015
Stadium: Camp Nou, Barcelona (Spain)
Kick-off time: 8:45 p.m. (GMT + 2 local time)

UEFA%2BChampions%2BLeague%2B%2BFC%2BBarcelona%2BVS%2BPSG%2B(7).jpg

Barça shows off PSG (2-0) con goles al Neymar 13 'to 34',

UEFA%2BChampions%2BLeague%2B%2BFC%2BBarcelona%2BVS%2BPSG%2B(14).jpg

tumblr_nn6esyDSyc1rf0fpjo1_400.gif

tumblr_nn6esyDSyc1rf0fpjo2_400.gif

tumblr_nn6esyDSyc1rf0fpjo3_400.gif

Last edited:
RM looks like they missed a OZil in this sort of match to unlock a special pass. Atl. Madrid are playing so compact very impressive.

RM did it! Well done to them Atl. Madrid has the formula to beat RM all day everyday. Carlo Ancelotti did the rarest line-up and it worked. Ramos did well in the middle , weak passing, but was a threat @every attack. Chicarito look out of depth at times ,Ronaldo did the hard work for his tap in .

Last edited:
My god, Ronaldo looked like a proper dick after the Hernandez goal, he thought it was all about him and actually looked a bit miffed the other players mobbed Hernandez.

Oh and Henry saying about Hernandez, what a twat.

FD

Juventus 2 – 1 Real Madrid | Champions League 2014/15

(Morata, 9 ‘, Cristiano, 27′; Tevez, 57 ‘(p))during the UEFA Champions League semi final first leg match between Juventus and Real Madrid at Juventus Arena on May 5, 2015 in Turin, Italy.

0f141fe5-e6d6-4b81-ac50-b10ffd088c0f

tumblr_nnwb74CGYf1rtobfgo1_540.png

Alvaro Morata goal against Real Madrid (1-0)

tumblr_nnw509lF2l1s8z5rho1_400.gif

tumblr_nnw509lF2l1s8z5rho2_400.gif

Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal against Juventus(1-1)

tumblr_nnw7744rKg1s7m7zgo1_500.gif

Carlos Tevez goal against Real Madrid (2-1)

tumblr_nnw7zw3Ymq1s8z5rho2_400.gif

tumblr_nnw7zw3Ymq1s8z5rho4_400.gif

Deserved win for Juventus, RM midfield was overrun by them. Strange to see so many mistakes by Ramos. He does make mistakes in defense, but his passing is usually much more accurate. I don't know how Bale got in starting 11 for this match. He played only one game after his injury and has assisted in that game and that was enough? Especially for player like him who was everything but consistent this season...

I haven't seen lots of Juve games this season (although they are my favorites in Italy) and I didn't expect them to push RM like they did yesterday. I just hope for interesting 2nd leg and that referee will not push for RM as that would be disgraceful imo.

Good lord Barca are good. I know that Bayern have some key injuries, but they've been made to look like a lower division team tonight.

Really impressive.

It went as expected. A completely out of shape side with key players missing against a top-form Barcelona. 0:3 - sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom