UEFA Champions League 2014/2015

Just can't enjoy watching Barca when the ref favours them so blatantly

OH COME ON!!!!!
You can't be seriously saying that!
Schwenie should have been sent off! Benatia should have been sent off!

What match were you watching, man!?

1st half Bayern were brave and the 0-0 @half seem admirable. The Barca just wanted it more (endless running) and the 1st Messi gols was better then the 2nd...like a snooker player pop that corner pocket.

Just saw the result and scoreline. Will give it a good watch at home. Sounds like another Messi masterclass. Barca surely have to be through now. Stranger things have happened though. Just when we think we have seen it all in the game of football, something happens that takes our breath away.

1st half Bayern were brave and the 0-0 @half seem admirable. The Barca just wanted it more (endless running) and the 1st Messi gols was better then the 2nd...like a snooker player pop that corner pocket.

Really? I think the second one was a masterpiece. Chipping it over Neuer (best GK in the world) with his RIGHT foot and Boateng... OMG... he'll need a surgery after that!

Really? I think the second one was a masterpiece. Chipping it over Neuer (best GK in the world) with his RIGHT foot and Boateng... OMG... he'll need a surgery after that!

We seen Messi leaving players for dead lol all the time ...it was a signature 'left for dead -side chip' . Its me who is in awe with dead lock goal from outside the box :APPLAUD:

If Barcelona gets this CL, and La Liga, Messi will be on his way for a 5th Ballon D'Or in 2016. I'm very happy for him.

Last edited:
he is the best there ever was and best there ever will be.

Sterling?

All lame jokes aside.
This was a Messi masterclass.
The first goal was a beauty, but that second was out of this world.

IMO Messi really was the difference.
Was impressed with Barca in the first half, but until Messi scored IMO Bayern were the better team in the second half. At that time Messi had more or less disappeared out of the game and Neymar was trying to force things playing way too egoïstic.

But this was a great match, i was baffled by the speed in this game.

I was also very impressed with this ref. He just felt the match correctly, great performance by him. Take that last goal, there was a Bayern foul, but he sensed that something was going to happen and let advantage...great decision. Never interupted the flow of the game. Best ref i've seen in the CL this season.

Now matter what happens, i don't want a classico in the final...really hope Juventus make it to the final (and yes, i really, really don't like Real Madrid although they have some players i like a lot, like Modric, James, Isco, Kroos and Bale).

he is making puppets from world cup winners...

only regret he might not have luck to win world cup, but in his age still has a chance...

otherwise, he is a once in 100 years player...no words can describe him...

after he retires maybe Barcelona could rename Nou Camp to Estadio Leo Messi.

and he is only twenty seven.

OH COME ON!!!!!
You can't be seriously saying that!
Schwenie should have been sent off! Benatia should have been sent off!

What match were you watching, man!?

Maybe I was abit harsh, how could anyone not enjoy watching Barca with Messi on form?

But I still think the ref was a bit of a homer, the tie is over with the 3rd goal and the goalscorer should have been sent off long before. He also booked Bayern players but turned a blind eye to Rakitic's fouling.
I saw no red card offences by BS or MB, but I did miss the first 10 mins tho so maybe they were then.

I've noticed that Neuer escaped criticism for the 1st goal btw. Most other GKs would be killed for letting in such a goal.

Sterling?

All lame jokes aside.
This was a Messi masterclass.
The first goal was a beauty, but that second was out of this world.

IMO Messi really was the difference.
Was impressed with Barca in the first half, but until Messi scored IMO Bayern were the better team in the second half. At that time Messi had more or less disappeared out of the game and Neymar was trying to force things playing way too egoïstic.

But this was a great match, i was baffled by the speed in this game.

I was also very impressed with this ref. He just felt the match correctly, great performance by him. Take that last goal, there was a Bayern foul, but he sensed that something was going to happen and let advantage...great decision. Never interupted the flow of the game. Best ref i've seen in the CL this season.

Now matter what happens, i don't want a classico in the final...really hope Juventus make it to the final (and yes, i really, really don't like Real Madrid although they have some players i like a lot, like Modric, James, Isco, Kroos and Bale).

I think it was one of the best matches I've seen in months. Tactically it was a joy to watch two coaches modifying their teams to get the upper hand. And Messi... The ambience in the stadium was unreal. What a great night!

In the second half, Bayern was dominating until Messi destroyed the match, but all the chances had been for Barcelona (except that one for Lewandosky in the 1st half), so I was convinced we would end up winning. Though I never dreamt of a 3-0!

Even if Barcelona had not won and the match had ended goalless, it was a great match and as you say, to me it was a nearly perfect referee who conducted well the flows of the game.

he is making puppets from world cup winners...

only regret he might not have luck to win world cup, but in his age still has a chance...

otherwise, he is a once in 100 years player...no words can describe him...

after he retires maybe Barcelona could rename Nou Camp to Estadio Leo Messi.

and he is only twenty seven.

I tell you, I watch this guy live every week. Watch it in real life if you can, it is as if you lived at the age of Mozart and you loved music, you NEED to watch that guy live. Because then you see the speed at which he does things and the feeling of effort of everyone around him while he seems to be walking down the boulevard.

Maybe I was abit harsh, how could anyone not enjoy watching Barca with Messi on form?

But I still think the ref was a bit of a homer, the tie is over with the 3rd goal and the goalscorer should have been sent off long before. He also booked Bayern players but turned a blind eye to Rakitic's fouling.
I saw no red card offences by BS or MB, but I did miss the first 10 mins tho so maybe they were then.

I've noticed that Neuer escaped criticism for the 1st goal btw. Most other GKs would be killed for letting in such a goal.

I really think the ref was inmensely good. Rakitic deserved a yellow and Neymar had one moment of roughness, the same way Muller at some stages. But I really can't understand how anyone could say the ref had anything to do with the result. It was an epic match, just enjoy it!

I missed most of the match, but tuned in around 70 minutes (perfect timing, lol).

Messi's goals were brilliant, the 2nd ridiculously good (Boateng, lol).

I did think Bayern started getting sloppy with passes though and I'm not a huge fan of their CH's.

FD

this CL is strange, all 4 teams aren't that good this season .. so I had to expect everything , but I never saw 3-0 coming, I thought Pep can manage not conceiding that amount of goals in such big games .. especially against this barça, barcelona this season are only slightly better than last year ...
but also Bayern like last seaon, suffers against big teams who always know how to stab them ..

as for RM/Juve, RM had a mediocre part of the season, and still havn't regained their full power, that will make it harder to go to final .. Juve can defend very well, but they were lucky to reach this stage of the competition ..

anyways, the luckiest of the four is barcelona and the way I see it, they will win the CL, unfortunately .. I hope I'm wrong on my speculations ..

I did think Bayern started getting sloppy with passes though and I'm not a huge fan of their CH's.

FD

they reached perfection with Heynckes, they were organised and deadly, a strong midfield with an attacking force, and enjoyable to watch. That Bayern was the best team I have seen in the last 15 years.

Bayern were without their best 2 players remember. Bayern looked pretty toothless upfront without them. Robben alone was a huge miss

this CL is strange, all 4 teams aren't that good this season .. so I had to expect everything , but I never saw 3-0 coming, I thought Pep can manage not conceiding that amount of goals in such big games .. especially against this barça, barcelona this season are only slightly better than last year ...
but also Bayern like last seaon, suffers against big teams who always know how to stab them ..

as for RM/Juve, RM had a mediocre part of the season, and still havn't regained their full power, that will make it harder to go to final .. Juve can defend very well, but they were lucky to reach this stage of the competition ..

anyways, the luckiest of the four is barcelona and the way I see it, they will win the CL, unfortunately .. I hope I'm wrong on my speculations ..
:LOL:

Of course, Barcelona is lucky to have the best player in history and to be playing much better than the rest of teams. It's just pure luck, as always.

Lucky draws indeed, Schalke is a much better team than all those minnows.

Serious, that is the reason why i hope the final will not be a classico. Classico's are not about football.
Both team are capable of splendid football, but rarely against each other (to be honest, IMO Barcelona is, but i'm very prejudiced, i love Barcelona and i really, really, really don't like Madrid, so that is possibly bullshit).

they reached perfection with Heynckes, they were organised and deadly, a strong midfield with an attacking force, and enjoyable to watch. That Bayern was the best team I have seen in the last 15 years.

Really?
Pep's Barcelona was the best in my opinion. It's just a matter of taste, of course. Heynckes's Bayern was more intense I think. But Barcelona's possession and style were far better for me. I guess we're just lucky to be able to have witnessed those two teams.

good luck in final!

Hey, the semifinal it's still not over. Yes, we have like 75% of chances to go through, but you never know. Bayern is a great team and there's a full match left to be played, and I respect Bayern too much too think it's effectively over.

If someone is talking about luck, you can say Barca is lucky to have nearly the whole squad available in good shape at the right time.
Nearly the same like Real Madrid in last year and Bayern two years ago.

Btw: i like Barca under Luis Enrique. It seems there is more flexibility in the team.
They totally deserve going into the final and most probably they will ein the title. Nevertheless i hope Juve will win this years CL i really enjoyed watching their matches this season.

Messi is truly the best ever!

Single-handedly wins matches against elite competition.

And just when you think you've seen it all and there's nothing else he could do to impress, he does it again! :WORSHIP:

I consider myself blessed to live in his era and to witness this phenom.

No doubt the guy is the best there ever was. He seems like a complete player and even when he gets old and his pace abandons him, he will still have his killer pass and left footed curler, that technique that makes the ball "glued" to his feet. You just see so much of his game that isn't based on pace and phisicality that it's even scary to imagine how he will be so good still for many years to come.

C. Ronaldo is an amazing player, will no doubt be remembered as a legend, but his game relies a lot on power and pace. In 3 or 4 years time we will see a big difference I think, because he's what? 29? And Messi is 27 and truly back on form.

There's some credit due to Luis Enrique. I really liked him as a player but now as manager he is proving his worth. This Barcelona is much more organised than what we've seen in the last 2-3 years (but without losing any of its brilliance).

If Barcelona wins it the cup will be in the right hands IMO. Having said that, I'm totally supporting Juventus in this. I think Gigi Buffon deserves an honour like that before he retires. Plus, in the middle of these 4 giants left, Juventus are the underdogs for sure.

im also curious to see how will he perform and on what level around the age 35-36. he is not so injury prone and has incredible physical abilities to stay on top for a long time. i just cant imagine a grey haired Ronaldo not on the wing like Giggs did it a few years ago :D

and i hope we can get to see him in manchester again and those usa rumors arent true + 1 WC, im greedy

Bayern were without their best 2 players remember. Bayern looked pretty toothless upfront without them. Robben alone was a huge miss

Ribery, Robben, Alaba is 3 :P

but this is football

Back
Top Bottom