UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Man, I'm gutted I missed such an Epic debate. There is one obvious thing though Kanouté is wrong for calling Alexis a "disgusting person" that was just uncalled for. No need to take it there guys, it's just a disscussion, getting personal is never the right thing to do.

stay out of it!
:SNACK:

ronhrpjd.gif

Guys, it's no use discussing CR7 with some of the forum members.
I once had the audacity to write that Ronaldo is not a big match player. I got an hate PM.

I don't understand this. It's only an opinion and it wouldn't be the first time that i'm completely wrong...but imo internet forums are about respect for other people's opinion. We have the right to criticize Ronaldo.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Ronaldo is at the moment, the best player in the world. I just don't like his attitude of showing off. Some people do like it, and it's an element of show in a game that is more and more about show and showing off. But people have the right not liking that element of his game. And yes, i'm biased, i don't really like him for some reason...so what ?

I can't fucking stand that twat.

He had such athleticism, talent and god given ability. Unfortunately it's soured by a crude, self entitled, arrogance that grates my nuts.

I have huge admiration for many Real players gone by. The Redondos, Zidane, carlos, hierro etc because of their ability and humility and had no problem enjoying them humiliate teams with good football

But this dick.....
- Refused to attend Ballon d'or when he wasn't sure of the win
- Called Barcelona out for favoritism when they got walloped
- Moans like a baby when he is playing shit (1st 90mins of the final)
- Somehow his charity is always aired. His match bonus going to staff , his boots he gave some Palestinian kid , the puppy he fed at his doorstep, you always hear about the good he is doing. Seriously I think it's more admirable to be quiet about your charity.
- The celebrations, this one in particular just shows the nature of the boy, yes boy. The guy lacks class in its entirety. The calma celebration, chest beating and now balotelli impersonation is vomit inducing. I watch alot of his

Its a shame that the likes of Iniesta, Di Maria and Toure will never win the Ballon d'or because the title seems to be magnetised to goal ratios rather than actual performance.

it was like first times I've been to the footy forum here and I called Guardiola "a muppet" (before 2011 cl success, I never rated his coaching, so what?). his reaction was "you're the only muppet here". that was exactly the first convo between us. not that I act spiteful for that. just to show, how he loves to make things personal right from the first times. anyway, I let it go from now on. thought he could be nice for once, after a long time. but he has always been the same person.

now I'm looking at all the words written about especially ronaldo and mourinho by the barcelona fans (or some of the liverpool fans), and I'm thinking to myself "what if I'd react all to those, just the way the barcelona fans do when I even say something not an "insult" like "muppet" is, just a bit negative comment their "holy team", "holy player-saints". I didn't even say anything negative about their little saint yesterday. not even said or meant that "hey you just can't criticize cr7, go criticize your messi, because I'm a fan of CR!). if anyone thinks I meant this, he's stupid. I'm sure most of the time, they don't even read the whole of my post, guess they really get outraged.

you know, I guess I'd be banned long, long time ago. not that I'd want to act like them, cuz I don't really care about the words they used for "describing" jose and cristiano. you know, one is not my father, the other one is not my brother or I'm not the reason they're where they're now. and for instance, looking at the post above, I can post many videos in those messi looks like twat because he really can be such sometimes (not to drag this into a stupid messi-ronaldo fight, that's not my thing, that's their thing but to prove their-barça fans' hypocrisy on ronaldo - he's their scapegoat), but I don't care about the characters of succesful footballers, celebrities etc. tbh, I think most of the time it's a sign of an ego problem. anyway, as I said I still don't get the reason why steak bake was banned either.

as long as you don't care about their hypocrisy, they're nice to you. I know it's the bloody internet, my real life has always been out there, but I still can't stand such hypocrisy wherever it is. I don't want to drag this into politics(I hate politics) but I can really sense the reason behind those.

now, probably some of the fellow barça fans will come and say "hey all of us are very fair", "you're being too sensitive" bla bla...
Man, I'm gutted I missed such an Epic debate. There is one obvious thing though Kanouté is wrong for calling Alexis a "disgusting person" that was just uncalled for. No need to take it there guys, it's just a disscussion, getting personal is never the right thing to do.
you missed such an epic debate? like you would do something had you not missed it. jeez. not funny at all.

Last edited:
no you didn't. saying something is not funny doesn't mean you're offended. means you didn't find it funny. the thing is it was no epic debate. just a usual one.

Last edited:
I'm sure most of the time, they don't even read the whole of my post, guess they really get outraged.

That may be true, I don't really know. I can just answer for myself and I generally do read all of it. But you obviously have a tendency to read more into posts than actually intended by the author. Take your last jab at me for example... Now accept that you're not perfect and your views aren't the holy and absolute truth and move on.

Any opinion is a fine and valid opinion as long as it's the result of careful and open minded consideration. In most cases on a forum such as this there are no definite answers just a bunch of opposing opinions. An opinion based on narrowminded or thin thought material is always a bad opinion regardless of how politically correct it is. This is the ABC of independent thinking which is what the schools are trying to teach the upcoming generations. Imposing opinions upon each others is the way of totalitarian societies. Some level of hypocrisy is inevitable due to the fact that you aren't able to look at the underlying thought pattern of an opposing opinion the same way as the opinion holder, so what may look as hypocrisy to you might not be hypocrisy with a different perspective.

Lastly, I don't see why people can't like both Ronaldo and Messi. I admire both but I certainly don't admire everything they do. Ronaldo, as I mentioned, has played awful the last three finals he has participated in which is a (lack of) quality I don't admire particularly. He may put too much pressure on himself and fail because of that or maybe it's an entirely different reason. The fact remains, he's not performing well in some vital matches. What I do admire about him, and many other players for that matter, is the ability to do amazing stuff on the field from time to time. I also generally prefer gambeta over flourish dribbles but whatever works is admirable either way.

Last edited:
the last jab can stay yours, zero. you made good points. I let it go.

edit after zero's edit: oh, hey, I'm not trying to impose anything to anyone. I was just trying to make my stance clear. there's a good way of doing the imposing, repeat one's thoughts every certain timeframe like it's never been put before. I never like to do that. (not a jab, man, don't worry :P)

Last edited:
No, you insinuated that what I wrote about Ronaldo was to fire up but considering that what I wrote wasn't an exaggeration of the truth it was clearly just an observation. So the jab remains yours and I don't need an apology because I don't care about you in the first place and your opinion of me doesn't mean anything to me. I merely point it out so that we can coexist with different opinions without getting all personal and put unintended intentions into each others posts. Which by the way is in my opinion the lowest form of discussion, because then one is clearly incapable of discussing in the first place. One is predetermined and negative which is the opposite of open minded and considerate.

Unless of course you think Ronldo played a good match, but in that case we clearly aren't living in the same reality and have nothing to discuss in the first place...

there's a good way of doing the imposing, repeat one's thoughts every certain timeframe like it's never been put before. I never like to do that. (not a jab, man, don't worry :P)

I may repeat my thoughts from time to time, but you seem to think I do it to impose my points on everyone. In reality I do it because I don't expect everyone to read every post I ever make so when relevant I repeat some things I've said previously. This is what I mean about perspective...

A last anectdote; If you see a colleague that does his work in a way you don't like, instead of criticizing him try to ask him why he does it like he do. Maybe he has a reason that you haven't thought of and it just might broaden your perspective rather than filling you with spite and negativity.

In an attempt to understand everything you have to admit that you initially don't and probably never will yet never stop trying.

Last edited:
look you don't get it right. when I wrote that #819 I still don't get it why you took it for yourself. wasn't even a direct reaction to you. and you came and said something like "ignorance is bliss". I mean, when someone doesn't answer you, does that mean he's ignorant? my reaction was to this. so I hope you're corrected now.

lol, I even said "this is not a jab at you" and you're saying "you seem to think I do it". wtf. :CONFUSE: if that's what you want to hear. no I don't think so about you.

edit: jeez. I don't know really what you want to hear from me. you better stop editing your posts after I reply as you seem to want to heat the discussion with false accusations and want me to get banned, and stop pretending to know who I am as in fact you're far from it and stop giving advises that I don't give a damn. you're acting like a "psycho-know it all" once again.
I don't like to say "you're on ignore list" to people on my ignore list. but it's the first time. welcome to the ignore list.

Last edited:
A person criticizing Ronaldo’s antics is fine by me. If you like it or hate it is up to you. Henry's and Cantona's celebrations (or lack thereof) always threw plenty of attention. Ronaldo is doing the same. If he's a good person or an asshole I could care less. Is what he is doing on the pitch that matters.

People saying that Di Maria is the best player this season for RM is mental. If it wasn't for Ronaldo's injury in the last month or so, RM would've have won the League. In the games he missed RM lost or drew games that they shouldn't have. With him on the pitch is a different story. The record speaks for itself.

Di Maria's role is heavily influenced by Ronaldo. Ancelotti once again being the tactical genius that he is created a "new" position/role (like he did it with Pirlo) a CMF/second left winger role for Di Maria. He's been fantastic on that role, don't get me wrong, but that only works if Ronaldo is there. On the Bernabéu game against Barça, Dani Alves gave so much space to Di Maria because he was more concerned with Ronaldo's going inside that he was it Di Maria on the left. The same happens with Pedro Rodríguez or Alexis Sánchez at Barça. They are always having one-on-one situations because Messi commands the attention of two players all the time.

Saying that Ronaldo does not show in big games is ludicrous and shows short memory. Didn't he show up on the 2008 CL final despite having a broken bone in his right foot? Did he put RM on his back at Camp Nou 2 years ago to win them a title? Didn't he was out stating for a let's face it less talented Portugal side at the Euro 2012 and on the Sweden play-offs matches?

A guy that scores 17 CL goals, plus he's the golden boot with 31 league goals playing as a winger isn't the best player on the RM team? People forget how awful RM defence was early on the season, partially because Ramos was in bad form, inconsistent. Or where's Di Maria when Ronaldo isn't there? The Dortmund game is a good example. Both players had good season, but Ronaldo had a better one.

If you don't like the guy for what thinks/acts is fine by me. But don't be biased towards the on-field performance. He and Messi are on a stratosphere ahead of any other player at the moment. There's not even room to argue on that.

Last edited:
look you don't get it right. when I wrote that #819 I still don't get it why you took it for yourself. wasn't even a direct reaction to you. and you came and said something like "ignorance is bliss". I mean, when someone doesn't answer you, does that mean he's ignorant? my reaction was to this. so I hope you're corrected now.

lol, I even said "this is not a jab at you" and you're saying "you seem to think I do it". wtf. :CONFUSE: if that's what you want to hear. no I don't think so about you.

I was under the impression that you didn't respect and Ronaldo criticism, and did your "haters gonna hate" thingy. I didn't think it was a jab when you specifically said it wasn't either, but I know I probably do that from time to time so it was more a self awareness situation and I wanted to clarify why I did it to avoid confusion. I don't mind people telling me truths about myself so I can either try to change or clarify a misunderstood intent.

Anyway, what I've just said here is fairly universal and while the quotes are from your posts it's intended for everyone, including me. I'm not perfect either, never will be.

Last edited:
People saying that Di Maria is the best player this season for RM is mental. If it wasn't for Ronaldo's injury in the last month or so, RM would've have won the League. In the games he missed RM lost or drew games that they shouldn't have. With him on the pitch is a different story. The record speaks for itself.

Di Maria's role is heavily influenced by Ronaldo. Ancelotti once again being the tactical genius that he is created a "new" position/role (like he did it with Pirlo) a CMF/second left winger role for Di Maria. He's been fantastic on that role, don't get me wrong, but that only works if Ronaldo is there. On the Bernabéu game against Barça, Dani Alves gave so much space to Di Maria because he was more concerned with Ronaldo's going inside that he was it Di Maria on the left. The same happens with Pedro Rodríguez or Alexis Sánchez at Barça. They are always having one-on-one situations because Messi commands the attention of two players all the time.

Saying that Ronaldo does not show in big games is ludicrous and shows short memory. Didn't he show up on the 2008 CL final despite having a broken bone in his right foot? Did he put RM on his back at Camp Nou 2 years ago to win them a title? Didn't he was out stating for a let's face it less talented Portugal side at the Euro 2012 and on the Sweden play-offs matches?

A guy that scores 17 CL goals, plus he's the golden boot with 31 league goals playing as a winger isn't the best player on the RM team? People forget how awful RM defence was early on the season, partially because Ramos was in bad form, inconsistent. Or where's Di Maria when Ronaldo isn't there? The Dortmund game is a good example. Both players had good season, but Ronaldo had a better one.

If you don't like the guy for what thinks/acts is fine by me. But don't be biased towards the on-field performance. He and Messi are on a stratosphere ahead of any other player at the moment. There's not even room to argue on that.

I never said Di Maria was the best player of the season for Real Madrid, only rated him as best player of the last champions league rounds, and personally I'd put Ramos in the top. I value later stages a lot more than qualifying and group stages. After all, Messi had the previous record and didn't win the trophy. That's why I put Ramos at the top.

And you're right Ramos had 2 weak months at the start of the season, but from then on his weight in the team has grown and grown.

So, in the overall season, Ronaldo is one of the best players, no doubt about it, surely top 3. Personally, I think Ramos was more important in the last stages of the seasons, the most important ones. And Courtois was absolutely incredible for all of the season and one of the reasons why Atletico win the league and almost the Champions League.

Notice as well that with Ronaldo on the pitch Real also lost 6 points to Barcelona in 3 or so weeks, so while it's true that without Ronaldo Real may look toothless sometimes I don't think it's that blatant.

For the record, tihs year Barcelona played better without Messi than with Messi in. And he scored 40 goals. That's why I said the now polemic "goals are overrated", because Ronaldo scored a lot and was a key member of the squad, for months the most important man. But at the end, I think Ramos ascendant was a tad more valuable for the team. Just look how Ramos gathered people and lead them in the field and did his job as squad captain. That in a club filled with egos is very important as well.

About Di Maria playing better with Ronaldo, that's right and a very good point. At the Bernabeu, though, I think it was also the obvious problem of the deffensive transition of Barcelona. Xavi was supposed to be there to help Alves, but at 34 he doesn't move at all. Thus, the combination Ronaldo and Di Maria could drive Alves crazy the whole night. I think it was Ancelotti teaching a lesson to Martino. Then Messi teaching a lesson to all. I wonder why Messi didn't play more matches like that one.

And finally, I don't think Ronaldo underperfomrs on all the key matches. He has a history of delivering in finals. I think his problems are more related to anxiety. He needs to be the focus of the team, the focus of everything, and I guess sometimes this leads him to underperform in critical matches, maybe if he doesn't play an active role early in the match he gets lost easily, which confirms that his only rival is himself.

@drekkard, I didn't responded to you in particularly rather the opinion that was expressed around here by a few members.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Ronaldo was fit for the games he's missed on the last few weeks, and I don't even talking about 100%, RM would have won the league.

Ronaldo was better than Ramos for RM, IMO. Despite Ramos being a stellar presence on the back (plus the amount of goals he was been putting) and developing as a great leader in the second part of the season, I cannot forget the first part. I know that the last few months are more important in CL, but they are not in the League. All games are the same. And the first ones are even more important since it get you going for the remaining of the season. Ronaldo as only being "bad" because of an injury on the knee. For a winger is a killer injury. His explosiveness and speed are not there. But still because he has so many more attributes to his game, he's still impactful and still scores goals (a lot of them indeed).

Your "goals are overrated" statement has some truth in it. But Ronaldo and Messi impacted on the pitch are far superior to just goals and assists. Plus probably 50% of their goals come for individual plays or moments of sheer brilliance.

As for Messi, I'm convinced that the mess that Barcelona are in has something to do with him underperforming. Plus let's not forget that he may not be fully fit. He seemed to rush his recovering period. Your bad season was beyond “Messi not being Messi”. The whole Neymar saga. the Martino identity crises. Plus the lack of CB's played a bigger role, IMO. At least on the league.

I agree 100% on your assessment of the Bernabéu game. It was just point out that sometimes Di Maria looks amazing, but when Ronaldo isn't there his game drops a few notches.

His celebration was a bit cringeworthy given that the game was long over. You would have thought that he had just won the final with that goal.

I will say tho that his determination can only be admired. Messi's superiority on a football pitch comes naturally. Ronaldo has worked his bollocks off for his superiority. Putting aside his faked/forced arrogance, he is the model professional.

you better stop editing your posts after I reply as you seem to want to heat the discussion with false accusations and want me to get banned

You obviously replied while I was editing, again you seem to assume the worst possible scenario. I sense a pattern here and clearly it's you that have issues as I was not aggressive at all in these posts. If you got annoyed somehow it must have been residual anger from a previous discussion or something. I don't keep track of meaningless forum names, I'm sorry.

and stop pretending to know who I am as in fact you're far from it and stop giving advises that I don't give a damn. you're acting like a "psycho-know it all" once again.
I don't like to say "you're on ignore list" to people on my ignore list. but it's the first time. welcome to the ignore list.

You seem to pretend to know who I am and what my intentions are so why can't I do it to you? Most of what I said is true for all humans on a GENERAL LEVEL so you don't need to act so particularly offended, singled out and butthurt.

Lastly, I never thought your post initial post that I reacted to was directed specifically at me, you directed it towards any Ronaldo negativity in the thread. I reacted because "haters gonna hate" is just a too simple and arrogant way to brush away some actual points. I didn't think my assessment was unfair at all and it was not grounded in hate so quite frankly such an arrogant general response pissed me off somewhat. I've been accused of being arrogant but I honestly think you deserve the title more. You've been quite belittling as well I've noticed, is that something you are proud of?

-----------------
Wisdom of today; The quality of democracy depends on all of us to actually form an opinion based on reflection from a broad platform of mediated information. If you can't even discuss football or other simple matters, and elaborate your views, you're a weak link in the democracy. Sad but true.

Last edited:
Completely agree with that last post of Zero the hero. Kanouté has no respect for other's people opinion,.

I strongly disagree ... I think Kanoute is very respectful. Anyone can make someone seem disrespectful by twisting words and adding intentions . I like this community for the diversity n mixed views from all over.

I strongly disagree ... I think Kanoute is very respectful. Anyone can make someone seem disrespectful by twisting words and adding intentions . I like this community for the diversity n mixed views from all over.

+ 1 , Kanoute for PRESIDENT :SMUG:

Cause there was still work to be done.

Love him or hate him, Ronaldo is one of the most complete footballers I have ever seen and it was a treat watching him and Real Madrid this season. Real played some fantastic football this season, so did Atletico.

Well you should see the PM i got from him after stating that Ronaldo is not a big match player...

I'm sure you had loads of pm sent to you in a heat of a debate. You have been treated harshly in the past over players .... Arsenal's-RVP, de Brune, Mutd, Ronaldo, etc.

It's the nature of the beast to let the emotions take over. Drekkard n Kanoute have been at it for years. Barça this and that , both make good points and they leave it for another few weeks. Zero was harshly treated 2 pages ago but since it's Zero no worries.

I was warned for posting a (so called) racist video for laughing at Eboue getting coins showered at him . I laugh because I know Eboue as a Ex-Arsenal player. He cheats!! and the opposing fans in the stadium went bonkers . Ppl amused I was laughing for a African player was getting mistreated .So off the mark... So, harshly treatment gets passed around fairly easy. Its never personal unless you take it personal.

Back
Top Bottom