The Transfer Speculation & Discussion Thread

Well, let's see: let's forget he's a club product and a key player and that Atlético will not let him go that easily, let's forget he's a club supporter and he's playing for his favorite team, which is probably a dream like scenario.
Let's talk career and money- the only thing that seems rational to peoples nowadays- why on earth would he leave a title contender for a team that's struggling domestically? Why would he leave for a team that can't guarantee him a staring role which he currently holds? How can he leave for a team that can't match his current salary, neither can pay his price tag?

BC; as Gerd stated elsewhere, DeBruyne would be rumored to go to Atletico. Also, he would be virtually guaranteed frequent action BC of our lack of a true creative midfielder. If his wages with Atletico are what is rumored there is no I reason to believe a club like Utd couldn't match that..not to mention the club has resources well beyond what would be required to pay his release clause.

As far as him playing for his favorite team or leaving for a *struggling * team..those things can change quickly.

Having said all that..i don't see this happening because Utd will find a way to continue to fail in attracting players we actually need.

No offense D, I just stated facts here and nothing else. That being said, if everything you mentioned happened, Koke leaving for United would still be a miracle.

PS: how can he get some play time, when even Kagawa can't do that?

Well, let's see: let's forget he's a club product and a key player and that Atlético will not let him go that easily, let's forget he's a club supporter and he's playing for his favorite team, which is probably a dream like scenario.
Let's talk career and money- the only thing that seems rational to peoples nowadays- why on earth would he leave a title contender for a team that's struggling domestically? Why would he leave for a team that can't guarantee him a staring role which he currently holds? How can he leave for a team that can't match his current salary, neither can pay his price tag?

This post might be about Fernando Torres.
You forget one thing: prestige.
Man Utd is one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Big reason Fernando signed for LFC was their CL success in the two years prior his signing and Rafa Benitez. Not sure if Moyes is better than Simeone... Atleti are realy a top team now that can actually compete in CL..

This is nothing like Nando, both players are different. Torres might have been more important and influential than Koke is now, but he played for a much worse team, back then Atlético were a mid-table team, now, they're in the Top 10 of the whole continent. The situation is much, much different. Atlético have the power to keep hold of their key players and when they want to sell them, they do that in their own terms.

That is why Aguero and Falcao stayed at Atletico, Amineken ?
If Man Uts gives enough money, he's gone from Atletico (for the record, i want him to stay withAtletico).

Don't worry Gerd. Don't think these two will ever admit some players would want to join Utd. I assume it's mostly the rivalry speaking. :COOL:
If you had posted that he might join Pool or Chelski we would have seen little argument to believe otherwise haha

Why did Chelsea manage to buy all those players when they were 6th in the league, a fading force and never done anything in the Champions League? By your own logic, why would any player join Chelsea today? They've not challenged for the league in years, they got knocked out of the CL at group stages last year and the only thing they really have going for them is the second biggest bank account in the premier league.

Oh this might be a clue: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25170990

If you genuinely believe Manchester United is not a step up - in history/prestige/etc - than Atleti, you're probably just bitter. I like Atletico and they're going absolute barn-stormers this year - but they will never win La Liga and I seriously doubt they'll win the CL in my lifetime. They've obviously done very well in the Europa League, but that is a second tier competition.

Maybe United won't win the premier league for another few years, nor the CL, but it is still Manchester United. One of the most storied clubs in one of the most storied leagues in the world. Might not have the draw of oil billions, but we still have a few things going for us.

Last edited:
That is why Aguero and Falcao stayed at Atletico, Amineken ?

Like I said on the post right above your, if they let anyone go it'll be on their own terms (which clearly was the case with both players).

and no. I'm not the one that's biased here guys-makes you wonder who is, aye-also I never talked about history or prestige or anything in that context, I talked about who's better ATM and Atletico are damn batter than MU.

Another thing Ryan, you really wonder why players would join us, really? Look at our trophy list for the past decade, we're part of a really special club along with Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern. There's also the fact that we're the only English team performing in Europe, money is a factor, yes, not the ONLY one anymore though. Now look who's bitter.

Get hold of yourself guys, there's no need to go all out on me for giving my opinion, shit like this makes me just don't want to share anything with you...

I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but Chelsea is a long way off from Bayern, Barcelona and Ajax. They all won the CL severely times with great attacking football. I really like Chelsea, but they have only once won the CL and that was because they defended with tenacity (which was a big merit, i supported Chelsea in that final).

FourFourTwo considered Cruijff's Ajax the most influential club team ever, nobody will ever say that from the Chelsea team that won the CL in 2012.

As for Atletico as candidate to win the CL, i tend to agree with you there.

Get hold of yourself guys, there's no need to go all out on me for giving my opinion, shit like this makes me just don't want to share anything with you...

Opinions are fine, cept for that you said earlier you were "simply stating facts". Bit of a difference. By passing of opinions as facts you re inviting arguments against.

Last edited:
What club is Chelsea in that United isn't? We've been to more CL finals, won the league more times and been consistently better than Chelsea in league finish in the last 10 years.

Unless you're trying to play up the Europa League?

I'm not trying to diminish that Chelsea have undoubtedly been one of the best 2 English teams in the last decade, but I would argue that we're level in European accomplishments, (3 finals, 1 win vs. 2 finals 1 win) and have more league titles than you.

And maybe Mourinho will propel you back to the consistency of his first reign, but that certainly isn't a definite thing.

Listen, I'm not saying United are a better bet today, but I certainly don't think if you consider the last 10 years we're any worse than Chelsea.

If a young player wants to be at the truly top of his field today, he goes to Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona. Those 3 are streets ahead of any other team in terms of quality coupled with prestige.

Last edited:
That club is for teams that won every European there is/was to win (including the C2)

anyway, you were the one that brought Chelsea to the discussion. I was talking about Koke and Atlético, and you somehow you turned it into a Chelsea-United match-up.

With all due respect, this comparison was utterly useless as it was a total OT. Bottom line is Koke won't be moving to United, unless Santa exists. Take it like you want, it's still a fact.

That club is for teams that won every European there is/was to win (including the C2)

anyway, you were the one that brought Chelsea to the discussion. I was talking about Koke and Atlético, and you somehow you turned it into a Chelsea-United match-up.

With all due respect, this comparison was utterly useless as it was a total OT. Bottom line is Koke won't be moving to United, unless Santa exists. Take it like you want, it's still a fact.

Jesus man, chill...
It's just a rumour, i don't say Koke will go to Man Utd, but it certainly isn't an outrageous rumour.

The club is ready to sell him, if Everton can come up with the money. Mou doesn't see him as someone that can do well or have a future at the club :CONFUSE:

It would be foolish from Lukaku to go to Man City.
Negredo and Aguëro are a fantastic combination...he needs to play regularly.
Everton perhaps doesn't have the money to pay 25 million, but if they sell Baines then that amount of money comes within reach.
Until last week it was unthinkable that they would sell Baines, but Oviedo has proved to be a good sub for Baines...so perhaps this isn't as utopic as it might seem. Everton-Lukaku would be a perfect match.
If it's true that Mourinho doesn't see a future for Lukaku at Chelsea, well that is a very big mistake (another).

This is just BS, I mean you can't buy the whole damn team. If those deal become official they should just go ahead and rename the club to AS Porto, that should be more suiting.

Dont be surprised :P
I think that is more possible that Mangala goes to France then Otamendi :)

Heldon to Valencia
Luis Filipe to Benfica

Not gonna happen. Chelsea would be idiots to sell him.

And I doubt Everton have that kind of money available

Chelsea would be stupid not to take that money, i seriously doubt at this point they would get biger bid for him. He as well could develop in Everton and find finally a club that want´s him for real.

If Lukaku he would have more game inteligence, he would play for Chelsea now.

Ricardo Quaresma - FC Porto;

Balázs Dzsudzsák(Dinamo Moscow) -> Fulham/Liverpool

I find it pretty interesting to see all those players coming or trying to come back from Turky, Russia, China (Drogba f.e.) and other countries where they were paid much money. Obviously they noticed fast that this isn't everything if you're a football player and that money gets you nothing, if the rest isn't fitting you and your lifestyle.

Lassad(Celtic)-> FC Arouca(It´s alread Official but I don´t have a link)
http://desporto.pt.msn.com/lassad-nouioui-refor%C3%A7a-o-ataque-do-arouca

1461667_607469699317549_1016810703_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom