The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Thank fuck Im getting old enough not to be trigerred by most of these muppets and Im not getting into arguments as often as I used to. Usually just ignore them, mute or block.
There are people "worthy" of the argument and "lost cases".
But it is scary, even when just observing.
How can some be so brainwashed or blind.
Social Media platforms are taking big part in spreading all the nonsense and then we are ending up with anti vaxers, psychopatic politicians in charge and flat earthers..
Im just on twitter to see funny stuff..
...and yoga pants...

We need to see more of this from news outlets:

Anyone who knows anything about this story and the people it attracts knows it's a wise move to turn comments off. It's a piece of news - there's no need for comments and debate. Same goes for any news item.

We need to see more of this from news outlets:

Anyone who knows anything about this story and the people it attracts knows it's a wise move to turn comments off. It's a piece of news - there's no need for comments and debate. Same goes for any news item.
I've been following that story for a few years mainly because I have a lot of rangers people in my feed/friends.

Kinda hard to keep a objective eye when the news is fed through them though.
But it's fucking horrible ,and needs to be clamped down hard on the people involved.

See the story on the French Catholic church that broke today?
Appalling ,heartbreaking!

People should be able to write anything tbh ,but should also be accountable for it as well.
Just like in real life.
"I'm so glad your son/wife/father died"
We all know how that would end..

I've been following that story for a few years mainly because I have a lot of rangers people in my feed/friends.

Kinda hard to keep a objective eye when the news is fed through them though.
But it's fucking horrible ,and needs to be clamped down hard on the people involved.

See the story on the French Catholic church that broke today?
Appalling ,heartbreaking!

I mean the story itself is horrendous and needs dealt with. But the frenzy it (anything?) causes among Celtic and Rangers fans is astonishing. This will be widely celebrated by Rangers fans disinterested in the victims but baying for Celtic blood. It'll be countered by Celtic fans highlighting some of Rangers' indiscretions. Ad infinitum.

Celtic could post a picture of their new umbrellas in the club shop and within five comments you'd have someone bringing up the Boys Club scandal.

I mean the story itself is horrendous and needs dealt with. But the frenzy it (anything?) causes among Celtic and Rangers fans is astonishing. This will be widely celebrated by Rangers fans disinterested in the victims but baying for Celtic blood. It'll be countered by Celtic fans highlighting some of Rangers' indiscretions. Ad infinitum.
Yeah that's pretty much how I feel as well ,and how it is between them.
And nothing good will come out of it.
Once again religion/secterian behaviour shows how fucking idiotic it is ,it's 2021 ffs.
I have absolutely zero respect or tolerance for religious people on that scale

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel as well ,and how it is between them.
And nothing good will come out of it.
Once again religion/secterian behaviour shows how fucking idiotic it is ,it's 2021 ffs.
I have absolutely zero respect or tolerance for religious people on that scale

There are two factories of hate that could be closed down and "Scotland's" sectarianism problem would be decimated overnight. Just a suggestion...

They'll find something else I'm sure ,curling/sailing/agility.
(But yeah you're right)

As an aside, I went curling with work on a team building thing a couple of years ago. It was fan-fucking-tastic.

There's something that pisses me off: how narrow-minded we are in Britain when it comes to sport. In Aberdeen, unless you want to play football or golf - consistently, competitively - you're fucked. And even then the weather screws you over throughout the year.

I worked at a sports centre for a summer in my youth. Table tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton, hockey - all the equipment just gathered dust. Football, football, football. Culturally ingrained, but we don't do much to change it.

If it were up to me I'd establish community sports clubs to create a competitive environment. It's an idea that came to me years ago when pissed and I struggle to let it go as I'm so convinced it'd be great! :-D

As an aside, I went curling with work on a team building thing a couple of years ago. It was fan-fucking-tastic.

There's something that pisses me off: how narrow-minded we are in Britain when it comes to sport. In Aberdeen, unless you want to play football or golf - consistently, competitively - you're fucked. And even then the weather screws you over throughout the year.

I worked at a sports centre for a summer in my youth. Table tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton, hockey - all the equipment just gathered dust. Football, football, football. Culturally ingrained, but we don't do much to change it.

If it were up to me I'd establish community sports clubs to create a competitive environment. It's an idea that came to me years ago when pissed and I struggle to let it go as I'm so convinced it'd be great! :-D
Curling/bowling etc is very underated ,really fun doing it.

I see a massive rise here in individual sports ,sports that doesn't require going to practice twice a week or listen to a coach ,like skateboard/surfing/climbing/mountain bike lifestyle sports.
Those sports doesn't require much either ,the city here has a crazy NR of skate parks ,costs a million or two to build ,but lasts forever if maintained ,and let's kids/adults do it whenever they want ,24/7 365.
Much more healthy tbh

I've seen both seasons of the silly but funny Ted Lasso.
But one thing pissed me off massively ,why does the three supporters often featured in the pub ,always watch the games at the pub?
They live locally right?
They support their local team ,still they watch it at the pub.
Fucking idiot's!

Pants werent my biggest issue tho.
It was shirts. One literally ripped on my back when I tried it. :LOL:
Wife was in stitches (no pun intended)

I got about two buttons in and thought: oh fuck. Top button was in my wildest dreams. Nailed the tie first time which was a win.

@Emroth @Flipper the Priest you know there's a lot of dress pants with elastic waistband nowadays?
Suited for people how had their pants shrunken mysterious?
Like walking around in sweatpants but looking sharp as fuck.

Don't encourage me. I really need to shed the pounds!

One take home from Covid is that anything apart from leisurewear is awful and we should wear it all the time.

The other day wife showed me some pants online, asking me do I like them.
They were big baggy pants with fucking suspenders. I thought she was taking the piss out of me..

Fortunately - turned out they were snow pants, as we are going on Snow Holidays in December.. But im getting paranoid here..

They were big baggy pants with fucking suspenders. I thought she was taking the piss out of me..

Fortunately - turned out they were snow pants, as we are going on Snow Holidays in December.. But im getting paranoid here..
An Irish going skiing?
What could go wrong there Marty...
We (among us Swedes) have a name for those really short and flat ski slopes at our ski resorts that we call Danish slopes.
Mainly because they're (the Danes) shit at skiing.
But in all seriousness ,a winter holiday in the snow ,pretty damn underrated ,love it ,skiing and if you have the chance to drive a snowmobile ,so much fun

Last edited:

Didn't know Irish people called trousers pants. This is a revelation.

An Irish going skiing?
What could go wrong there Marty...
We (among us Swedes) have a name for those really short and flat ski slopes at our ski resorts that we call Danish slopes.
Mainly because they're (the Danes) are shit at skiing.
But in all seriousness ,a winter holiday in the snow ,pretty damn underrated ,love it ,skiing and if you have the chance to drive a snowmobile ,so much fun

To knit this convo together, looks like I'll be in Sweden in April for a wedding. In the middle of nowhere I think. Would love to try a bit of skiing!

Didn't know Irish people called trousers pants. This is a revelation.

To knit this convo together, looks like I'll be in Sweden in April for a wedding. In the middle of nowhere I think. Would love to try a bit of skiing!
You should really go for it ,give me a shout if you want some info on whereabouts you'll be staying.

Being fat.

Went to a wedding reception last night. First time I'd put on my gladrags in about two years. What an embarrassment. Was bursting out of my shirt, couldn't even get my waistcoat on, trousers were cutting me in half. Took me about 10 minutes to bend down to tie my shoes.

🐖
@PRO_TOO Doug, where are you?
1633969544121.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom