The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

I had a twitter but they shut it down because I only did 1 tweet in a year
Really?? Fuckin hell I must be some special (ha!) case, coz I created Twatter account in 2013 and then havent touched it for about 7 years. Didnt even know I had one till I wanted to create a new one and it told me that my email address already has an account. That Tweet you send must have really been epic if they shut you down after it.. :LOL:

As for the chemistry in here and the rest of the bunch - dont judge me by them! They are all crazy! ;) :LOL:

Really?? Fuckin hell I must be some special (ha!) case, coz I created Twatter account in 2013 and then havent touched it for about 7 years. Didnt even know I had one till I wanted to create a new one and it told me that my email address already has an account. That Tweet you send must have really been epic if they shut you down after it.. :LOL:

As for the chemistry in here and the rest of the bunch - dont judge me by them! They are all crazy! ;) :LOL:

The woman who has the exact Twitter handle of 'my' company's name created her account in March 2008. Tweetless.

I was ready to pounce when Twitter announced late 2019/early 2020 that they were going to remove inactive accounts to free up usernames.

So, naturally, she tweets for the first time ever in March 2020. 😒

Hardly surprising though is it really with football? The other player transfer deals, that sort of thing has been happening forever, even back to the days before agents with brown envelopes of cash to sweeten deals. How George Graham was the only one ever punished for that I don't know.

On the same subject as well let's not forget Benjamin Mendy has played for Man City this season despite being charged with 4 rapes and now being held on remand. Let's face it he'd still be playing for them if he wasn't. It's not as if the seedy world of football's going to take the moral high ground any time soon.

Wow I didn't even know about some of these. Wouldn't have thought that of Ole :(( And I just learnt about Rio Ferdinand, that wannabe gangsta & all he done whilst reading the 'plane @ stadium' thread on reddit. @rockstrongo you were probably the one that got that thread locked :LMAO:

@Emroth I thought maybe that tweet might have been reviewed by a staff member who was a salty fenerbahce fan :LOL:

And I just learnt about Rio Ferdinand, that wannabe gangsta & all he done whilst reading the 'plane @ stadium' thread on reddit.

I cant stand him and that was before the story about him cheating on his dying wife. I also hate the way he starts his sentences with "Listen..." as if he's some genius that's going to dispel some incredible football insight on us. Sad to report he didn't. Not that I listen to him any more anyway.

Football certainly looks after its own.

In a similar vein, I'd like to stick the boot into Malky Mackay.

If you don't know the messages he sent while a 40-something manager of a multiethnic football squad in the English Premier League, you can find them easily enough.

Now he's managing in the Scottish top flight again after having been a performance director for the national association - even caretaker manager for the national team.

After being appointed to each position there's a flurry of protestation from individuals and groups but ultimately he's looked after and passed fit and proper and a "good football man" who's learned his lesson.

People change and learn lessons. I'm a big believer in rehabilitation. But it's not like he was a young man unaware of societal issues when he sent those messages. That's ingrained prejudice. So to be employed in these senior positions - in what could be considered prominent community entities - is disappointing.

And once again it's up to the fans to be the moral guardians. That's a bollocks position to be in because the club is bigger than one person and they shouldn't have to give up their passion for the mistakes of one or two people. So there's that reluctant acceptance and we move on to the next controversy.

Edit: Just seen this on Twitter from Aberdeen legend and bellend, Gordon Strachan. Forgotten about it. Can't remember which incident it would've been about.

Edit II: It was Suarez biting Chiellini.

Last edited:
Strachan's right in "football has no morals", but to fudge the "Blinkered" fans into this is a shitty move. Take their money and put part of the moral guilt on them..Nice! :ROLL:

Talking about Suarez, i would never like to see a player like that play for us again. C'mon! biting! this (or anything unsporting like) was never mean't to be the Liverpool way (Diouff spitting at Celtic fans was another). With the best will in the world it is hard enough to control a players reactions on the pitch, so to control them off it, is going to be a big ask.

Back in the day though with Bill Shankly, if he had been in the Suarez situation, i could imagine him saying something like "Aye laddie, i am selling ya, but i don't know who to call? Another club or the bloody Zoo!" :LOL:

And for the Solskjaer story, that's bang out of order!! he should be nicked for aiding and abetting?
They are the red devils and the devil looks after his own. :RANT:

Talking about Suarez, i would never like to see a player like that play for us again. C'mon! biting! this (or anything unsporting like) was never mean't to be the Liverpool way (Diouff spitting at Celtic fans was another). With the best will in the world it is hard enough to control a players reactions on the pitch, so to control them off it, is going to be a big ask.

Back in the day though with Bill Shankly, if he had been in the Suarez situation, i could imagine him saying something like "Aye laddie, i am selling ya, but i don't know who to call? Another club or the bloody Zoo!" :LOL:

And for the Solskjaer story, that's bang out of order!! he should be nicked for aiding and abetting?
They are the red devils and the devil looks after his own. :RANT:

Not excusing the behavior in any way but with Suarez its more of an anger management issue. For him to do that same bite on multiple occasions shows that it's an instant reaction, where he can't stop himself. These other tossers know bloody well what they are doing. For Giggs & Rio to do what they did to their whole family, that's a different level of sociopath.

R.I.P Norm.
I loved the smile he would have after every punchline. Would find a joke anywhere, just a naturally funny man.

This clip of the legend, the joke about the movie title at the 7th minute mark :LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom