The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

#TweetTwatClean I never understood all that hashtag tomfoolery. Is it like sending a link? forgive me, i am old and not a a tweeter, just an EW Twatter!

I have never felt the urge to join and find out. Then again forget it, i don't need to know. I am having enough trouble hanging on to old memories so new data will overcook my CPU. :LOL:
More like a something you can search on , you can write that hashtag and get all the tweets containing it.

#TweetTwatClean I never understood all that hashtag tomfoolery. Is it like sending a link? forgive me, i am old and not a a tweeter, just an EW Twatter!

I have never felt the urge to join and find out. Then again forget it, i don't need to know. I am having enough trouble hanging on to old memories so new data will overcook my CPU. :LOL:

By and large, hashtags are redundant unless they're specific. They work for local and national experiences. Examples being #bbcqt or #gbbo when the nation is watching Question Time or Bake Off, and you can get a lot of interesting/humorous stuff out of it if you tap on the hashtag.

It's too big a beast on a global level. Like if you'd had a nosey around #ENGITA during the Euros final you're talking 1,000s of tweets a minute from all over the globe. All manner of shite.

In summary it's a method of grouping tweets relevant to a subject. The bigger the subject, the bigger the rabble.

I used them at work almost on a decorative level as it makes a key word more noticeable by changing its colour.

I haven't seen him for a while. :THINK:he must be up to some crap...
Which reminds me I have a Fantasy team to pick!

I thought I was the only person with no social media but now here's two of us :LOL: Never had facebook/twitter/instagram and whatever else there is. I do look at twitter stuff occasionally via a regular browser, football stuff, but never felt the need to join. Maybe when @Flipper the Priest and @rockstrongo have completed their worthy task it'll be worth signing up! :D

Last edited:
Which reminds me I have a Fantasy team to pick!

I thought I was the only person with no social media but now here's two of us :LOL: Never had facebook/twitter/instagram and whatever else there is. I do look at twitter stuff occasionally via a regular browser, football stuff, but never felt the need to join. Maybe when @Flipper the Priest and @rockstrongo have completed their worthy task it'll be worth signing up! :D

You're better off without it. Every platform can be horrible and wreck your head in their own different way. I've gotten pretty good at flushing out the bad stuff from my timelines but it still has ways and means of popping up which is something I'd like the companies to address. For me, marginally, more good than bad.

Doesn't help that I'm glued to it most of the day through work!

Still cant understand where dafuq must i insert a hashtaged phrase to check for the trend. In browser address line? in google search? If i do not have Twitter account, is it pointless to search phrases with hashtag?

Ha ha ,I too feel like boomer when trying to set up something new.
I very rarely play without headphones , especially shooting/hunting
I have always been a discard the manual (until needed) kind of person.

Remote controls can be a right pain,especially in a darkened room watching TV. I find i have to remember a certain path from usually the nearest big button. However when lying horizontal it can backfire, as quite often after fumbling about you realise that the f*cking thing is upside down! :RANT:

I have always been a discard the manual (until needed) kind of person.

Remote controls can be a right pain,especially in a darkened room watching TV. I find i have to remember a certain path from usually the nearest big button. However when lying horizontal it can backfire, as quite often after fumbling about you realise that the f*cking thing is upside down! :RANT:
Yeah why doesn't remote's have backlight?
I mean all the volume up/down change channels that's muscle memory ,but the special button for changing pic/sound etc.

Talking of remotes. Not that dvd's are much of a thing nowadays but why did their remotes have an eject button on them? You still had to get up and get the bloody disc out anyway so what was the point!

Yeah why doesn't remote's have backlight?
I mean all the volume up/down change channels that's muscle memory ,but the special button for changing pic/sound etc.
I have seen some that do have back lighting, but you would have thought it would be standard now days with led things everywhere.

Whatapp. Yeah there's another thing I don't have. Pretty much don't use my phone except to text or call or check half time's if I'm at football. #fuckoffsocialmedia :LOL:
But WhatsApp is basically txting and calling. And its free. Normal calls, video calls, txts. Very handy for quick message or to send some funny shit. Its not really social media as you need persons phone number to use it, so its only your contacts.
I communicate with my whole family through it. This is one of the good apps.

I have seen some that do have back lighting, but you would have thought it would be standard now days with led things everywhere.
I've managed to set up my Apple TV remote as my main one ,it has 4 buttons and I can voice command it if necessary.
One thing recommended is using your phone (if there's an app that supports your TV)

Talking of remotes. Not that dvd's are much of a thing nowadays but why did their remotes have an eject button on them? You still had to get up and get the bloody disc out anyway so what was the point!
It was helpful to wife's, saving them time from stood waiting for it to pop out. That is of course unless you were "on a wind up" where you could just put it back in as she got there. (FFS! i just realised, no Double meanings meant). :LOL:

Here's another one of the technology for technology sake things.

An app for your phone so you can set your heating while you are out. There's this thing called a thermostat and it's on the wall. Set it before you go out.

It was helpful to wife's, saving them time from stood waiting for it to pop out.
I said eject button not erect :LOL:

But WhatsApp is basically txting and calling. And its free. Normal calls, video calls, txts. Very handy for quick message or to send some funny shit. Its not really social media as you need persons phone number to use it, so its only your contacts.
I communicate with my whole family through it. This is one of the good apps.

I could accept that one although my calls and texts are free anyway. Thing is it's just another thing to encourage spending time on the phone.

I've managed to set up my Apple TV remote as my main one ,it has 4 buttons and I can voice command it if necessary. One thing recommended is using your phone (if there's an app that supports your TV)

Does it react to "Remote, where are you?" :D

Whoah, wait. There's a phone app to control your tv? See under technology for technology sake.

I assume they are rhetorical questions? Otherwise you are asking the wrong man/old f*ck. :D
No dude it is not rhetorical, it was real question :)

Example : Every time I am reading news, let's say I read about Basketball, it says #Euroleague became the No1 trend on Twitter. I go to mafakin Google Chrome, I open a Google.com page, cause I am an oldschool jerk, and in the search field I type "#Euroleague" and then i am eating crap by zero or weird results.
You dont have WhatsApp, you dont have Twitter... do you still write letters by hand? ;) :LOL:
#CAVEMAN
Hahaha... Dude I told ya those staff are evil!!!! Jokes aside there are tons of reasons i still don't use those apps.

First of all here in Greece almost everybody uses the other app, Viper or Viber, wtf is called. Every time I have the same strange conversation :

-OK I am sending this to you via Viper
-(me) no mofaker I don't have Viper, I have 4 fakin different email addresses to send me whatever you like.

Then I don't like how those apps are messing with my main phone SMS and calls apps. Each time I have tried some, it keeps messing with settings, resulting me sending an important SMS without internet wifi/mobile data ON, and the SMS is pending for a connection to be sent to.

And the final part on this, I understand that living in Ireland or UK or any country of the civilized world, means internet everywhere and access to the community of informations from everywhere, free wifi, 4G,5G,7G etc..

But living in a fourth world outter Rim of the Galaxy, means shitty public Hotspots and wifi internet only at home or mobile data. By my standard monthly mobile package I have 1GB mobile data, but once it is consumed, it costs extra 2€ per day with 3G speed limit, or if I buy a special extension pack, costing 7€ for 700MB for a month. Which is a money grab too.

So I can't rely all time that I will have internet everywhere. I am still counting on my old school phone calls and SMS, which I never consume by my standard monthly mobile package.

As for Twitter I will come back latter with an essay. I think creating a profile for reddit was my limit breaker. On Twitter I don't even know how do you properly read a string of comments below a post or who is posting, who is sharing /retwitting??? or who is replying to whom!! :)
Slam is using pigeons.
At the moment, I am training them to evolve into Pidgeottos.. ;)

Last edited:
You guys have some funny chemistry on here & even just this thread. Its great to see & very rare on facebook or twitter.

I deleted facebook many years ago and for me it was a great choice. I had a twitter but they shut it down because I only did 1 tweet in a year :LMAO: Which is a shame because it was a historic tweet! I predicted a year in advance that my lads Galatasaray would win the league.

But I digress .. we were talking about birds right? It's Magpie swooping season down-under & I can't go for a kick at my local without getting dive bombed by these monsters :LOL: They hate my football

EDIT : warning for language on that video

@Joga Bloody hell they're mental! I knew they were tossers, got one who goes on the roof here and lobs moss into the garden seemingly just for the fun of it but that's a whole other level!

:LOL: The moss thing. Im certian they do stuff just to mess with us. It's amazing how smart they are too. That park has 2 of them & they will just sit there staring at me & wait for me to turn around, as soon as I've turned around they will take turns swooping from different directions. Proper raptors :D

Most of them are just warning you though, they will dive right near your ear & snap their beak together.. all you hear is a "whooosh CLICK CLICK" lol one day last year I got some fish from the shops & threw it near them, they actually left me alone that day!

You guys have some funny chemistry on here & even just this thread. Its great to see & very rare on facebook or twitter.

I deleted facebook many years ago and for me it was a great choice. I had a twitter but they shut it down because I only did 1 tweet in a year :LMAO: Which is a shame because it was a historic tweet! I predicted a year in advance that my lads Galatasaray would win the league.

But I digress .. we were talking about birds right? It's Magpie swooping season down-under & I can't go for a kick at my local without getting dive bombed by these monsters :LOL: They hate my football

EDIT : warning for language on that video

@Joga Bloody hell they're mental! I knew they were tossers, got one who goes on the roof here and lobs moss into the garden seemingly just for the fun of it but that's a whole other level!

I have them in a tree just outside, they wake me up some mornings with their mechanical laughter. They haven't got the balls of the ones from down under though.
Come to think of it though, now it's been mentioned, i do have lots of moss in the back yard. I thought it was the wind blowing it from the guttering. :THINK: "SLINGSHOT AT THE READY!"

I have them in a tree just outside, they wake me up some mornings with their mechanical laughter. They haven't got the balls of the ones from down under though.
Come to think of it though, now it's been mentioned, i do have lots of moss in the back yard. I thought it was the wind blowing it from the guttering. :THINK: "SLINGSHOT AT THE READY!"

I bet it's the magpie! Seagulls are pretty big but it's lucky all these birds aren't pterodactyl size isn't it.

Pigeons are so cocky. The way they walk in the road and sidestep at the last moment. I did once run over one but it was still standing there in the road when I looked in the mirror. I swear it was giving me the v's saying is that all you've got? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom