The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

What is it with birds? First glimpse of sun, eyes open, bit of a yawn and a stretch then I know what I'll do , I'll sing my tits off for half an hour.
Hopefully after a good "servicing" they will be singing while cooking your breakfast. ;) Oh! wait you were still on about pigeons. :D

Where do you stand on all-caps? Looking at you, PlayStation brand guidelines and your DUALSHOCK trademark...

Jury's still out. I don't like it, but I at least respect it as a means of standing out. All lower case gets lost in body text; no idea why anyone would want it.

Acronyms and initialisms cause me concern too. Fifa and Uefa prime examples. Most style guides have acronyms in title case. But Fifa and Uefa insist on FIFA and UEFA.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm away to play eff-ahy-eff-ey sixteen.
I like to see only team names and competitions in caps, any other way irks me. Also obviously titles & headlines etc.

While we are at it @Chris Davies what do you think when pEoPlE tYpE lIkE ThIS?

More nonsense! Voting on things like what song gets played after a goal? How about none. More fleecing of fans basically isn't it.

Interesting that I left a dissenting comment on a Juventus tweet yesterday, as they were pushing it relentlessly during their game.

Cue a number of replies from faceless crypto fanboys/bots leaping to its defence. Seemingly it's incomprehensible that you could do all that shit but for free.

I'm all for any avenue of fan engagement. It's a wonderful thing, even the small gestures of little effort to the club can mean so much to supporters. I've sat in the boardroom at Aberdeen with the chairman and chief executive and encouraged my club to do more, at the risk of pissing them off! Something I'm passionate about so to see it being monetised pisses me clean off. Credit to West Ham (well, their fans) for rejecting it.

More nonsense! Voting on things like what song gets played after a goal? How about none. More fleecing of fans basically isn't it.
How long before the bleeding hearts vote for a song of "consolation" for the poor team that has just conceded. I would say "Always look on the bright side of life" would be a good one. :LOL:

EDIT "Tub thumping" would be good as well.

Last edited:
This comment really belongs in the 'great' thread and was exactly the opposite of pissing me off at the time but I feel it will in the end...

I thought the applause for Saka when he came on as sub against Brentford was absolutely brilliant on Friday night and a reminder to those who like to label football fans as a bunch of mindless racist twats that it's a small minority just like in any other walk of life. Times like that restore faith in humanity, if only for a while.

However as it also happened at Spurs in their friendly I can see this is going to now happen in every game he plays and just become a virtue signalling exercise like the NHS clap and every other well intentioned thing in modern times.

And while on it... Chinese Motorcycles manager for hoodwinking everyone with his "I don't follow English football" then gives us a good spanking with 84 points. :RANT: :CONF::LOL:

Those new, paper straws in all the drinks.
I get the idea, saving environment and all the good stuff, but they are useless and so annoying.
Hot drinks or Ice Creams melt them half way through and you ending up eating a straw.
But the absolute shitstorm starts when you are trying to pop open these "Capri Sun" types of drinks with them.
Every time my daughter asks for juice im going to war with these fucking things.
From now on - im cutting the edge off with scissors and pouring it to a glass. Fuck.that.

Third kits. Absolutely no need for them other than to make more money off the fans.

We've found ourselves in a predicament a few times. Usually our away kit is white, or a dark blue or black. In recent years when it's been white, Hamilton away (red and white hoops has been problematic. When it's been dark, Hearts away (maroon), has been an issue. But I think we've only had a third kit once - otherwise an old away shirt saves the day!:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2021/08/22/kit-change-for-hearts-v-aberdeen/

That's the thing, the away kit always used to be pretty much a reverse of the home, or all white if the home was all darker coloured. I remember Leeds were the exception with an all yellow away kit.

But barring hoops and stripes of those two colours then there would never really be clashes.

Yesterday we wore our third kit against Wigan. Wigan in blue, our away kit is white, so we wore our third kit which is red/black halves! For someone colour blind I would say that would clash more with blue than white would! The only reason I can see they wore that rather than white is to market it as it was just out last week. Cynical? Me? No way. :LOL:

Ties. And the fact that kids have to wear them to school. Every time I have to google how to do a knot. Never even wear them myself. Stupid fucking things.

Agreed. The suppression of individuality pisses me off! I miss Billy Walsh..

billywalsh.jpg

I know there's a choice here ,but big platforms like Netflix trying to dumb people down by dubbing movies?
Wtf?
I know it's a common practice in countries where English isn't as strong/use to be as strong (France/Germany/Italy etc) as in my region of Scandinavia.

Tried to watch the shitty movie Becket ,in Swedish ,next level crap.
Fuck off with that Netflix

Back
Top Bottom