The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

I see no colour only men women and children. that's how it should be. But alas....
These are really weird times to be living in. Overwhelming racism and division is making some normal, kind, non-racist people very awkward.
No one knows what can they say anymore.
There are different races, there are different cultures. We shouldnt deny it. We should just treat everyone the same. I know that this is what you meant when you wrote this, but it reminded me of few stories.

There's a black guy on one of the shifts at work. We were talking and someone mentioned James. He only started back then and I didnt know who he was.
- who's James?
- you know.. the tall fella..
- which one?
- the young one..
- which young one?
- he came the other day to our room..
- when..?
..we were at it for about 10 minutes. Not one person mention his colour, even tho he is the only black person on that shift.
It was so damn awkward...
And James can see all this awkwardness. Now fortunately - he is sound as a bell and he is taking the piss out of people to make them even more uncomfortable, which at the end is some weird way of getting people to relax.
He was looking for a label printer one day. Came to my mate and asked did he see it.
- yeah, its in the airlock.
- i was looking there. Didnt see it.
- its on the table. In a black box
James eyes got bigger and he said
- you cant say that.....
- say what..?
- "black"...
My mates face just dropped.. he didnt know what to say, until James burst his bollox laughing and said he was just messing with him.

But thats the thing - James is black and its grand. He doesnt need people around him to be on tippy toes. It just makes everything uncomfortable. But there is so much hate and racism in the world these days, that a lot of people dont even know how to act around others in fear that they will offend someone. Which itself, ironically, can end up offending them.

@Emroth well said i agree, its such a shame we have found ourselves in this situation. I always think of the fact that regardless of skin colour, we all feel pain the same way, we all break our hearts the same way.

But the PC brigade and the like have gone into overdrive, looking for offence when non was intended or created and as you point out, we have become too paranoid now and non racist people can't relax because the thought police have gone too far.

I believe the higher powers that be, like to "raise awareness" whenever possible, as it creates a smokescreen from what's really happening. They are the classes that rule over us, if we are fighting among ourselves over race. Then the ruling class get overlooked. But that's another argument for another day.

The thing is it's a minority problem too. Firstly you have the minority PC brigade largely being offended on someone else's behalf who mostly aren't offended anyway and then at the other end of the scale you've got the minority of racist idiots. Meanwhile the 90% in the middle have to conform. It's much the same as politics really, the extreme ends of any scale never lead to anything good.

The two minority's lead to a situation where you have the likes of BAME which ends up being positive discrimination but the problem is discrimination is still discrimination, so that in itself causes more problems.

You would think by now we'd have had enough time to evolve to realise hating someone for their skin colour is absolutely fucking stupid and then perhaps we could be relied upon to just employ the best person for the job be they white, black, or green with pink spots.

What @Emroth describes show just how ridiculous it has become.

This says it best.

These are really weird times to be living in. Overwhelming racism and division is making some normal, kind, non-racist people very awkward.
No one knows what can they say anymore.
There are different races, there are different cultures. We shouldnt deny it. We should just treat everyone the same. I know that this is what you meant when you wrote this, but it reminded me of few stories.

There's a black guy on one of the shifts at work. We were talking and someone mentioned James. He only started back then and I didnt know who he was.
- who's James?
- you know.. the tall fella..
- which one?
- the young one..
- which young one?
- he came the other day to our room..
- when..?
..we were at it for about 10 minutes. Not one person mention his colour, even tho he is the only black person on that shift.
It was so damn awkward...
And James can see all this awkwardness. Now fortunately - he is sound as a bell and he is taking the piss out of people to make them even more uncomfortable, which at the end is some weird way of getting people to relax.
He was looking for a label printer one day. Came to my mate and asked did he see it.
- yeah, its in the airlock.
- i was looking there. Didnt see it.
- its on the table. In a black box
James eyes got bigger and he said
- you cant say that.....
- say what..?
- "black"...
My mates face just dropped.. he didnt know what to say, until James burst his bollox laughing and said he was just messing with him.

But thats the thing - James is black and its grand. He doesnt need people around him to be on tippy toes. It just makes everything uncomfortable. But there is so much hate and racism in the world these days, that a lot of people dont even know how to act around others in fear that they will offend someone. Which itself, ironically, can end up offending them.

This is why I'm mostly a mute now. I don't know what I can and can't say. So I just don't say much of anything at all other than hi and bye. Someone will probably get offended by that as well.

I think you're/your and they're/their/there are worse. But the problem with its/it's is that it's lesser known and doesn't get corrected as quickly. All hope is lost. :-(
English is not my first language and honestly it baffles me how people who speak it natively can even commit that kind of mistake.
I already feel like crap when I don't get "in, on or at" exactly right, but the more I learn English, the more I realize that native speakers don't care that much about these little things when talking to each other in the everyday life, and that's something I never learned in any English class: there's place for Casual English and place for Formal English, it's always as if not speaking perfect Formal English to someone asking you information on the street is gonna make the person laugh at you or something lol

To & too are my bugbears also when full stops and commas are not used things start to run very very quickly and your brain starts to overload before you have finished reading the whole thing you have to go back and read it at a snails pace :D

English is not my first language and honestly it baffles me how people who speak it natively can even commit that kind of mistake.
I already feel like crap when I don't get "in, on or at" exactly right, but the more I learn English, the more I realize that native speakers don't care that much about these little things when talking to each other in the everyday life, and that's something I never learned in any English class: there's place for Casual English and place for Formal English, it's always as if not speaking perfect Formal English to someone asking you information on the street is gonna make the person laugh at you or something lol

Anyone that can learn English when we have the likes of Sew, So, Sow, Cow, Bow (and Bow!), Bough, Cough, Sought, Taught, Taut, Tort, Fought, Slough, Draught, Raft, Laugh, Calf and so on has my total respect!

Scum describes them nicely. Maybe too easy to be judgemental but you can almost be certain the parents are of similar type.
Scum is too nice a word mate, and yes me nor my kids were ever brought up to behave like that, but if they had dared do anything like that, i would have chucked them in the river myself.

About the parents, It's a shame but for too many generations shit has been raising shit, and when they can't handle them, put them into care. I know sometimes its not so black & white as all that, but no way could all this type of shit behaviour from many parents or their many kids be excused.

Products being changed under the same Amazon listing.

I bought an external CD/DVD drive to rip PS1 and PS2 games. After realising it doesn't read black-backed PS1 games, I looked at the listing to see if there was any mention of that. The listing was now for an internal drive. All the reviews and product rating remained, but for a totally different product. So you could be purchasing something on the back of false pretences. And that's BEFORE fake reviews.

Interestingly, I looked at this item again so see if it could illustrate the point. And it's returned to the external drive. Weird, and unfair from a consumer point of view.

Products being changed under the same Amazon listing.

I bought an external CD/DVD drive to rip PS1 and PS2 games. After realising it doesn't read black-backed PS1 games, I looked at the listing to see if there was any mention of that. The listing was now for an internal drive. All the reviews and product rating remained, but for a totally different product. So you could be purchasing something on the back of false pretences. And that's BEFORE fake reviews.

Interestingly, I looked at this item again so see if it could illustrate the point. And it's returned to the external drive. Weird, and unfair from a consumer point of view.

Plot twist - it was always an external drive, you are slowly being poisoned and it's affecting your brain brain brain brain brain. I only wrote "brain" once.

Stupid people.
Stupid people on TV.
Stupid people made in to celebrities because they've acted stupid on TV.
Idiot's on twitter.
Politicians who listens to stupid people.

So...stupid people,that pisses me off.
Not dumb,stupid!

Stupid people.
Stupid people on TV.
Stupid people made in to celebrities because they've acted stupid on TV.
Idiot's on twitter.
Politicians who listens to stupid people.

So...stupid people,that pisses me off.
Not dumb,stupid!
Well said mate, also in reverse. Stupid people who listen to politicians.

Well said mate, also in reverse. Stupid people who listen to politicians.
Cheers!
Yeah,that's true as hell too mate.
The perfect combo of stupidity,one group of idiot's listening to politicians making stupid populism decisions because they know they'll take the bait,pure fucking evil.

Back
Top Bottom