The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Emroth

Other Games Mod
Staff
18 August 2018
Ireland
It always baffled me how are they that popular!?
I see the stupid noises and silly stuff they do and I... kiiinda understand how kids can like them. But a lot of my mates like to watch them too. Which is beyond me.😂
Thought I was the only one!

slamsoze

International
28 September 2010
It always baffled me how are they that popular!?
I see the stupid noises and silly stuff they do and I... kiiinda understand how kids can like them. But a lot of my mates like to watch them too. Which is beyond me.😂
Thought I was the only one!
You hate minions?

Say hello to Pepa the Pig!!!! :)

shumway

League 2
29 August 2018
Ruhrpott
F95
My first contact with Peppa was in a hotel on Mallorca, where every british kid had Peppa towels, bathing suits and so on. To that time my daughter was too young for watching tv, so I didn't know her yet. I quickly figured out, that in the hotel restaurant you could easily see which family was british and which not: you just had to look who had a tablet standing on the table with Peppa Pig in permanent rotation. :PP
But yeah, Peppa Pig is pretty cool, and especially George.

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
Tranmere Rovers
The Minions.
Oh my god I fucking hate them! :LOL:
My mum, in her mid-70s, absolutely loves Minions.

Years ago, she bought a new phone, and was amazed when I told her she could now use anything as a ringtone. I downloaded a ringtone app, and the first thing that was advertised was a Minions set of ringtones. "THAT ONE!", she said.

The one she picked was just a Minion going "HELLO! ... Hello... Hello?... Helloooooooo..." She nearly died laughing.

Cut to ONE DAY LATER.

She's in her local post office, in the queue. I ring her. It rings, and rings, and rings. No answer.

Turns out her phone was stuffed into the deepest recesses of her massive pensioner's handbag... and that she'd forgotten what ringtones were (she had only ever heard standard "ring ring" ringtones at this point).

She, and everyone in the post office queue, thought that there was a boy in the post office shouting "hello". But it was muffled, so they must be underneath something. So, in a mild state of panic...

...they all started combing the post office, lifting up boxes on shelves and looking behind them, looking behind the counter, looking in the stock cupboard at the back of the room (one lady even started looking inside envelopes). And then it dawned on mum.

She says at that point, with everyone still busy looking, she literally tiptoed out of the post office and didn't go back for a week.

Flipper the Priest

Harder.Better.Faster.Stromer.
15 July 2003
Scotland
My mum, in her mid-70s, absolutely loves Minions.

Years ago, she bought a new phone, and was amazed when I told her she could now use anything as a ringtone. I downloaded a ringtone app, and the first thing that was advertised was a Minions set of ringtones. "THAT ONE!", she said.

The one she picked was just a Minion going "HELLO! ... Hello... Hello?... Helloooooooo..." She nearly died laughing.

Cut to ONE DAY LATER.

She's in her local post office, in the queue. I ring her. It rings, and rings, and rings. No answer.

Turns out her phone was stuffed into the deepest recesses of her massive pensioner's handbag... and that she'd forgotten what ringtones were (she had only ever heard standard "ring ring" ringtones at this point).

She, and everyone in the post office queue, thought that there was a boy in the post office shouting "hello". But it was muffled, so they must be underneath something. So, in a mild state of panic...

...they all started combing the post office, lifting up boxes on shelves and looking behind them, looking behind the counter, looking in the stock cupboard at the back of the room (one lady even started looking inside envelopes). And then it dawned on mum.

She says at that point, with everyone still busy looking, she literally tiptoed out of the post office and didn't go back for a week.
Too good.

Top Bottom