The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

What concerned me more was reading the news about Canada. A total disastrous situation there. Reading some articles about 48~49 degrees!!!

Yeah that's crazy temperatures. I was always surprised how hot it did get in the summer but that was only up to about 35 max when I was there

We like to moan about the weather in England but we're actually pretty lucky in avoiding extremes. Although when it gets up above 30 here it's a horrible heat, specially as A/C in homes generally isn't a thing here. Not that it happens that much.

Yeah that's crazy temperatures. I was always surprised how hot it did get in the summer but that was only up to about 35 max when I was there

We like to moan about the weather in England but we're actually pretty lucky in avoiding extremes. Although when it gets up above 30 here it's a horrible heat, specially as A/C in homes generally isn't a thing here. Not that it happens that much.
We'll be the riveria within 20 years

are the seagulls there because of the sea (from what you said about being right near Copenhagen I guess you are close to the famous bridge? good tv show too by the way.) or are they just there for McDonalds which seems their staple diet these days
No they are there for the Carlsberg and end up partying and creating a racket around Rock's Place.

@rockstrongo Start blaring out Black Sabbath and bite their heads off, if you do one, the rest will piss off.

No they are there for the Carlsberg and end up partying and creating a racket around Rock's Place.

@rockstrongo Start blaring out Black Sabbath and bite their heads off, if you do one, the rest will piss off.
Fun fact,played Into the void at a crazy volume earlier today, didn't hear them fuckers.
I suspect they're all a reincarnation of past Kevin's/Liam's
IMG_20210701_234105.jpg

Seeing as this is the "things that piss me off" thread, and something really has pissed me off this week...

Thanks pal. To be fair we are used in similar temperatures, 38~40,so it is just hot day, but in the end we will survive.

What concerned me more was reading the news about Canada. A total disastrous situation there. Reading some articles about 48~49 degrees!!!
That's insane for Canada

Global warming is on a rampage - Canada is on fire, Antarctica has hit a record-high temperature (18.3°c which a Brit would call "uncomfortably warm")...

...and yet here in the UK, the BBC's "Bitesize" program (which provides educational support for students) reckons the climate crisis has "positives and negatives". The government has started threatening the BBC over the past few years as it's been a little too "free speech" and "left-wing" for their liking, and I can't help but feel this is just one of the results - a national and previously unbiased service that's now being told "don't piss off the politicians and their rich friends in any way, shape or form - or they'll shut us down"...

...which they are doing slowly but surely anyway. The new Director-General used to be a Conservative politician, the papers report that the government hates the BBC and you should too (which the general public eat up), and the government are threatening to defund them because they don't suck up to daddy enough.

The list of climate change "positives" is hilarious. "It'll be warmer!" Yeah, your granny will die in the coldest winters we've ever experienced, but fuck that! When it's summertime, it'll be so hot that the houses you live in and the roads you drive on will fucking melt like they are in Canada right now. But think of the tan! :COOL:

...as your skin bubbles on your body. Temperatures are so high in Pakistan, they have exceeded the level at which the human body can withstand.

But then you've got a gaggle of well-off (rich) thick-as-shit people on Twitter, who responded to the Bitesize news with (this is a genuine comment), "it's about time we gave kids all the facts so that they could make a decision themselves, instead of telling them what to think". Sure... It'd make teaching history interesting. Every evil ruler was just a man like you or me with a troubled past, right? Genocide sounds bad but do we know all the facts... Sigh.

It is incredible to me how money, something that doesn't exist other in our imagination, leads us to destroy ourselves.

@Chris Davies Well said Chris, the BBC is an absolute joke. No more than a propaganda machine. With a minimal effort you go on YT and see some of the news coming from around the world, and the BBC don't even mention it. When the Russians was camped on the border of Ukraine! Not a murmur from the BBC. They have a fetish reporting anything covid, in fact i would say about 90% of their content is covid nowadays.

Rather than bite the bullet, and welcome advertising revenue or stream their services on a pay to view premise. They would rather charge our pensioners for this shite! When it comes to the government being pissed off with them, i feel it is only likened to a unruly kid but the gov't parent still pulls the reins. BBC hang your heads! :RANT::MAD:

Well said Chris, the BBC is an absolute joke. No more than a propaganda machine. With a minimal effort you go on YT and see some of the news coming from around the world, and the BBC don't even mention it. When the Russians was camped on the border of Ukraine! Not a murmur from the BBC. They have a fetish reporting anything covid, in fact i would say about 90% of their content is covid nowadays.

I've honestly pretty much given up watching tv news the past few months, I know it's a pandemic but how they can find endless news about it every bloody day for over a year now I don't know. Who knew we had so many experts on something we've never experienced before as well?

Well we have right wing winds here wanting to get rid of public service for a reason.
Every mention of climate change makes those guys scream fake news.
To me free press is what separates a democracy from a government/country run by dictatorship/wanting to control what's said or not.
We already have a few of those in Europe.
And I hope that the ultra conservative winds will blow by soon

I think that's the biggest problem right now, there's too much extreme thinking that is trying to make itself a mainstream view. Extreme ends, be they right or left are never a good thing. Debate appears to have vanished from both sides, at one end you have far right lunatic views on the other extreme you have the cancel culture and thought police. Politics is crying out for some parties somewhere much nearer the middle ground I think.

The worst part about it is it's a minority on either wing of views while the other 90% of us just want to get on with our lives and get along with each other. In fact most of the 10% would probably too if their thinking wasn't clouded by the nonsense they are fed.

A prime example of that for me was in the latest Borat movie. The two guys he stayed with. On the one hand you had the absolute fantasy bollocks they believed like Q'anon and other far right bullshit stuff. Then at the same time you saw the human side of these two guys in that they were prepared to take a complete stranger off the street and put him up in their home during a pandemic, something not a lot of people would do.

I think that's the biggest problem right now, there's too much extreme thinking that is trying to make itself a mainstream view. Extreme ends, be they right or left are never a good thing. Debate appears to have vanished from both sides, at one end you have far right lunatic views on the other extreme you have the cancel culture and thought police. Politics is crying out for some parties somewhere much nearer the middle ground I think.

The worst part about it is it's a minority on either wing of views while the other 90% of us just want to get on with our lives and get along with each other. In fact most of the 10% would probably too if their thinking wasn't clouded by the nonsense they are fed.

A prime example of that for me was in the latest Borat movie. The two guys he stayed with. On the one hand you had the absolute fantasy bollocks they believed like Q'anon and other far right bullshit stuff. Then at the same time you saw the human side of these two guys in that they were prepared to take a complete stranger off the street and put him up in their home during a pandemic, something not a lot of people would do.
First Highlight Not with the current political system in this country. On one hand we have the Tories and on the other hand we have Tories in a Labour disguise. SIR! Keir Starmer is no more for the common man than the man in the moon.
Most of them like Blair and Milliband are hardly your "common types" :MAD: We need a "Peoples Labour Party" that is made up from people who are in touch with the people. Not some spoon fed clowns!
That is of course only if Her Majesty sanctioned it, and if it became a prominent force, i would imagine things would be scuppered in some way. Doesn't matter who you vote for the Gov't always get in.

Second highlight
I agree but would put it at around 70/30 % to compensate for the controllers and their minions and for the general dickheads who don't want to get on, and use people\situations to their own advantage.

Third Highlight
Not in our part of the world. People here, because they have plenty, are mostly selfish and the prize is to amass more and f**k everyone else.
I have been to a third world country, and although they are poor and work hard for what they have, they treat guests like one of the family, beautiful people.

It was very humbling (and emotional) to see these are some of the most poorest people compared to our countries, yet for mankind they are the richest. We live like kings and queens in our homes in comparison, yet whine and piss & moan over the most trivial matters.

I have a mate, who signed up for vaccine jabs. Signed up as one of the people who administer them. So once or twice a week, when we're off, he goes and do the jabs (he used to be paramedic)

Anyways - he tells me this story last night. Some bloke comes in, sweating like a pig. He was literally dripping sweat to a point where my mate thought he has covid and some crazy ass fever.
My mate got a bit scared and started checking his temperature. The fella says
- no, no, im grand. I just cant stand the heat. Never could. I nearly died coming in here today..
- oh, ok - says my mate - so let me give you a jab quick, so you can go home

And this genius goes
- HAH! You are not going to jab me today! I DONT CONSENT! Im a free-thinker!

....you took somebodys spot.... you nearly died coming here.... sweating like a pig... you are free-something, but I wouldnt call it "thinker"... :LOL:

Seeing as this is the "things that piss me off" thread, and something really has pissed me off this week...

Global warming is on a rampage - Canada is on fire, Antarctica has hit a record-high temperature (18.3°c which a Brit would call "uncomfortably warm")...

...and yet here in the UK, the BBC's "Bitesize" program (which provides educational support for students) reckons the climate crisis has "positives and negatives". The government has started threatening the BBC over the past few years as it's been a little too "free speech" and "left-wing" for their liking, and I can't help but feel this is just one of the results - a national and previously unbiased service that's now being told "don't piss off the politicians and their rich friends in any way, shape or form - or they'll shut us down"...

...which they are doing slowly but surely anyway. The new Director-General used to be a Conservative politician, the papers report that the government hates the BBC and you should too (which the general public eat up), and the government are threatening to defund them because they don't suck up to daddy enough.

The list of climate change "positives" is hilarious. "It'll be warmer!" Yeah, your granny will die in the coldest winters we've ever experienced, but fuck that! When it's summertime, it'll be so hot that the houses you live in and the roads you drive on will fucking melt like they are in Canada right now. But think of the tan! :COOL:

...as your skin bubbles on your body. Temperatures are so high in Pakistan, they have exceeded the level at which the human body can withstand.

But then you've got a gaggle of well-off (rich) thick-as-shit people on Twitter, who responded to the Bitesize news with (this is a genuine comment), "it's about time we gave kids all the facts so that they could make a decision themselves, instead of telling them what to think". Sure... It'd make teaching history interesting. Every evil ruler was just a man like you or me with a troubled past, right? Genocide sounds bad but do we know all the facts... Sigh.

It is incredible to me how money, something that doesn't exist other in our imagination, leads us to destroy ourselves.

"BBC Bitesize edits page to remove list of climate change 'benefits'": https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57697875

I'll bite my tongue on the posts since. Not because I disagree, but because it's a rabbit hole I don't need if I hope to preserve a stable blood pressure.

"BBC Bitesize edits page to remove list of climate change 'benefits'": https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57697875

I'll bite my tongue on the posts since. Not because I disagree, but because it's a rabbit hole I don't need if I hope to preserve a stable blood pressure.
What a bunch of clowns, that's a bit like saying to some poor bloke who has just lost his legs "never mind, you will never have aching feet again". You really do need a deluded positive attitude if you see positives in climate change. No wonder people slaughter them.

BOJO the clown.....A reporter asks him if we can have the day off after Sunday, and he replies "lets see what happens".

Fuck you! you can put millions of us in our homes for months on end, and then hum and arr over one day!! Fuck you! BOJO if the people want the day off they will take it. We don't need your permission. Clown! :RANT:

EDIT Whatever happens Sunday, could you really do with this when the alarm goes off on Monday morning..
:RANT::RANT:

Last edited:
Seeing the Reece Mogg one reminded me. Reflective glory. All at it, from politicians to z list celebrities! Just piss off. Won't be seen near a football stadium on any normal weekend.
It's always the same, get to a semi and they normally come out of the woodwork, being as we are in the final they really want to be "one of the lads". TBH if the English was solely made from these toffee nosed pillocks, i would be going north of the border myself and help the Scot's fight the cause.

Also you must of heard BOJO's reason for not declaring a bank holiday. He doesn't want to jinx the result, and with the match not due to finish till around 10.00 he feels it would be unfair on business's to give them short notice. FFS!! Heres an idea, why not just say IF we win. Then take the day off. Personally if i was running the show, i would declare a day off either way. How even people are supposed to feel like work after a loss, is beyond me.

It just goes to prove these wankers are jumping on the bandwagon, because even after we have lost semis & quarter finals in the past, you go to work the next day gutted and not really up for it. These C**ts would be like "never mind we always have Twickers and the cricket" :ZZZ::YAWN:

@Buzzy I think I've convinced myself that if I fully expect it all to go wrong then it may soften the blow if it does. But no doubt if it should go wrong it will unfold in such a way that it won't make any difference to being prepared for it!

...when im driving on a longer distance and there's another car, going the same way, with more or less the same speed. We are traveling "together" for miles. And then, when me, or the other driver eventually turns somewhere else - I feel sad.
Why the fuck I feel sad then? :LOL:

I read somewhere that this is an actual thing and many people experienced it.
Still - pisses me off.
...and cant for next fellow traveller! :LOL:

When you are driving on a country lane, nothing around for the last few miles, not a single car has passed from the other direction. You spot a cyclist ahead and before you can overtake suddenly there's about 15 cars coming the other way out of nowhere and you now have a series of bends. Why?

Why have some started TyPiNg LiKe ThIs ? As far as i know i don't suffer from OCD but this kinda plays on it, and quite frankly i am surprised CD hasn't short circuited if/when seeing it.

Also the word "Caveat". Up until the last few years i had never heard of it. Am i right in thinking it is one of those buzz words? It sounds like something from the world of fine dining, while being nothing of the sort.

Why have some started TyPiNg LiKe ThIs ? As far as i know i don't suffer from OCD but this kinda plays on it, and quite frankly i am surprised CD hasn't short circuited if/when seeing it.

Not sure of the origins but certainly popularised by a SpongeBob meme. Idiotic typing for idiotic opinions, with the accompanying picture. This tweeter explains.

mqdefault.jpg

I've been guilty of it myself as I think it's quite effective. And there's a lot of idiocy that needs mocking in the world.

Buzzwords really test me at work. As soon as someone says "moving forward" my inner monologue tells them that you can't move backwards, therefore the phrase is redundant. And by the time I'm back in the room I've missed what we're supposed to be doing MoViNg ForWaRd.

I've been guilty of it myself as I think it's quite effective. And there's a lot of idiocy that needs mocking in the world.
Yes! Same here. I love to type like this. Sometimes its the best and quickest way to destroy somebody. :LOL:
This and
tenor (2) (2).gif
are my favourite responses to people, especially friends and family :LOL:

Also the word "Caveat". Up until the last few years i had never heard of it. Am i right in thinking it is one of those buzz words? It sounds like something from the world of fine dining, while being nothing of the sort.

Caveat is Latin Mate, its been around a lot longer than Thee & Me. :P

So. Starting every bloody sentence with so. What's that all about? Watch The Chase, at least 50% of the contestants when they are about to do the quickfire questions reply to Bradley Walsh asking them what do you do with So, I'm a...

Buzzwords really test me at work. As soon as someone says "moving forward" my inner monologue tells them that you can't move backwards, therefore the phrase is redundant. And by the time I'm back in the room I've missed what we're supposed to be doing MoViNg ForWaRd.

Having seen the recent events at Wembley I'm wondering whether that isn't true. Evolution could well be moving backwards in some quarters :D

Back
Top Bottom