The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Jumbo_

-
17 August 2006
Manchester
Manchester United
I get a bit pissed off with something every single day. I'm sure everyone else does too, so why not have a thread where we can all post. Great.

I'll start off with something trivial...

The Herbal Essence's shampoo adverts
Seriously, whoever works for their advertising department wants kicking right in the face. What a dick they are.

For anyone who hasn't seen them, basically the setup each time is a lady enjoying the shampoo, they make it sound all sensual and great like most shampoo adverts, then right at the end, there's a hilarious twist where a man says something a lady might say was 'typical' of a male. Like 'Where's my socks?" Oh how we all laughed.

Then there's that one with the monkeys at the end who make some random comment. FUCK OFF.

Who watches this and thinks "oh jeez they're a funny bunch, i'll definitely buy that now, even if it's more expensive than what I usually get." Idiots. I know it's just adverts but it really grips my shit.

Anyway... post away and make me laugh.

Posted in a similar thread on another forum quite some time ago, ended up being an essay for how much pisses me off. Havent seen that advert, still "enjoying" the ones were she has an orgasm because the shampoo is just so f*cking good, even when applied to dry hair according to the ad! Not sure if thats factually correct!

There are sooooo many adverts that piss me right off, so much so that if a company is willing to insult my intelligence by accepting that sh$te as a representation of their product/company I will actively make sure I don't buy any of their stuff.

Something that I find irritating is a L'oreal advert that has one of the top super models of the moment in it. Doutse Kroes (or something like that). Anyway, in their genius they have decided to translate the dutch models english spoken comments with some random dutch bird.......Atleast let the girl do the voiceover herself ffs!

Another irritant are all the beauty products like DNage, again from the genius' at L'Oreal, that claim to actively enhance and strengthen your DNA!!!!! Offcourse there is a little asterisk, one of these "*", with text sooo small at the bottom of the screen claiming, what I can only imagine as there is no time to read the f#$king text, something along the lines of "94 out of 100 women agree that DNage improved their DNA". Offcourse these women are pigshit thick in the 1st place to believe a facial cream would improve their DNA!!!! Have I used enough exclamation marks to point out how ridiculous the concept is of some facial cream improving DNA! Its not possible, as if that would be the case it would mean scientists would be able to strenghten everybody and would allow for, well most diseases, to be cured. Offcourse they havent bothered with that as their primary objective was to allow middleaged women to look slightly, very very slightly, less wrinkly.......

I could go on for hours, but Im going to have a shower and watch some tv and "enjoy" adverts........

I'm carrying a notepad around, by the time I'm ready to post PES will be out of production and Evo-Web will be long gone.

People playing music on the bus on their loudspeaker. Firstly there's a reason headphones were invented, secondly surely the sound quality would be much better from headphones, thirdly they even do it when none of their mates are on the bus and they're on their own. I would get up and tell them to shut the fuck up but I'd rather not risk getting stabbed. I'd love it if one day the whole upper deck of the bus would turn around to them and start chanting "Your music is fucking shit".. that would make my day

Edit: Also, Kate Nash

Kate Nash is alright, the line about "sick on my trainers, I only just got those" doesn't make her a mong but rather modern society a bunch of mongs.

People playing music on the bus on their loudspeaker. Firstly there's a reason headphones were invented, secondly surely the sound quality would be much better from headphones, thirdly they even do it when none of their mates are on the bus and they're on their own. I would get up and tell them to shut the fuck up but I'd rather not risk getting stabbed. I'd love it if one day the whole upper deck of the bus would turn around to them and start chanting "Your music is fucking shit".. that would make my day

One of the many joys of passing my driving test and not having to get a bus around anymore, I hated those kids.

I had a right weird one the other morning on the bus.

He was about 18 or 19, and was blasting the tunes out. Started with that crap Basshunter song that's number one, then played some weird country song. I was confused by this point as his next song was The Final Countdown and as he was getting off the bus he was playing that Nickleback song that was big a few years ago. Strange.

I h8 that, it's really irritating, especially when they start singin along aswell, all they do is that thing when they blubber there lips with there fingers.

i hate the people that bring there phone to there mouth to talk into it. They are probably the same ones that play music on loud speaker.

This thread should be changed to "you know what grinds my gears?"

Sorry lads il be more considerate next time:) one thing that piss's me of is when im ready to do something but people and etc delay it and when its all said and done i forget what i needed to do :shock::(

People driving too fucking slow in front of me

Now, I know there are speed limits, and for good reason, but when you get some dull cunt doing 15-20 infront of you, on a single track road which has a speed limit of 30 or 40mph, it fucking does my nut in :mad:.

Great thread, I'll definately be back here regularly :).

Reactions: D4C
This is nothing major but...

What pisses me off is when i buy a new album and i'm trying to take out that little booklet that comes with the album.

It's so hard to take out! I have to get out a knife just to get the first page which is statically stuck to the case, and pull it out with the knife and my hands. Gets on my nerves!

Hope you guys know what i'm talking about, if you don't...i guess i wasted the three odd minutes i spent typing this. LOL!

Peace.

This is nothing major but...

What pisses me off is when i buy a new album and i'm trying to take out that little booklet that comes with the album.

It's so hard to take out! I have to get out a knife just to get the first page which is statically stuck to the case, and pull it out with the knife and my hands. Gets on my nerves!

Hope you guys know what i'm talking about, if you don't...i guess i wasted the three odd minutes i spent typing this. LOL!

Peace.

I get ya. Very annoying - I get frustrated and end up dragging it out and it gets a bit scuffed when in goes against the plastic knobbly bits that are meant to keep it from sliding out. So my nice new CD is then looks a bit older!

When I am walking behind someone on a crowded street and they stop for no fucking reason other than to piss you off!!

Oh, I was driving back thru London after work today and this old cunt in his shitheap Smart car used the bus lane to actually pull round me even though the traffic wasnt moving. He then tried to pull back in but I wasnt having it and kept edging forward every time he did. As there was a bus on the inside lane he then got stuck behind that and the person behind me then let him in. He then spent the next 5 minutes sat behind me beeping his horn every time we were stationary as the lights were green but nothing was moving, what the fuck was he hoping to achieve?!?!?!

Rudeness. You know when you hold the door open for someone and they just grab it or when driving you let someone out and they just go without acknowledgement. It don't cost anything to say thank you!

Middle lane drivers on the motorway, shitting along at 60mph when its really busy, stacking everyone up behind them. Get a fucking grip and get over to the left lane!

I will be back here with daily updates!!

When I am walking behind someone on a crowded street and they stop for no fucking reason other than to piss you off!!

Oh, I was driving back thru London after work today and this old cunt in his shitheap Smart car used the bus lane to actually pull round me even though the traffic wasnt moving. He then tried to pull back in but I wasnt having it and kept edging forward every time he did. As there was a bus on the inside lane he then got stuck behind that and the person behind me then let him in. He then spent the next 5 minutes sat behind me beeping his horn every time we were stationary as the lights were green but nothing was moving, what the fuck was he hoping to achieve?!?!?!
To me that doesnt sound like a Smart Car driver..... No no..... It sounds like a typical BMW driver! The amount of times I have been 'bullied' on the M4 motorway to move out of the way when im doing a fair old speed in my MG...... Just because their car is better than mine......

Adverts for disposable razors with 5 blades!! "Yes 5 blades is better than 4!" You can just see it in 20 years time:

The Gillette 64-bit razor. 64 blades for your comfort and precision! ](*,)

Rudeness. You know when you hold the door open for someone and they just grab it

At work there's about 500 people in the building, so quite often if you let someone past on the stairs or hold a door they just walk past with out even a smile so I tend to shout "YEAH NO PROBLEM" right at them just to make the point. VERY annoying.

Most things in life p*ss me off, though it seams alot of things are designed that way.
Without making a massive list which would have a huge motoring section as the average person behind the wheel are not even fit to have a TV licence let alone drive a 1 tonne machine. Or the fact our country seams to be designed to look after everybody apart from the poor legal, hardworking tax payer who has to fund all the other Scum.... The inane government, the Ass of a law, which again seams to only obey the laws of ineptitude. In what world do you get a stiffer sentence for defrauding Nat west out of a hundred pounds than Raping a 15 year old kid.

Our country is based on a fantastic history of innovation and building, we are now a bodge and make do nation of sick notes and scroungers.
It's 2008 for Pete's sake and we don't even have a fast speed train line from north to south, we don't build anything but bloody call centres and business parks. We don't build new or improve our roads..Where do all our Billions of tax money go??? Arrgghhh

The list is endless a bit like this rant sorry.....

At work there's about 500 people in the building, so quite often if you let someone past on the stairs or hold a door they just walk past with out even a smile so I tend to shout "YEAH NO PROBLEM" right at them just to make the point. VERY annoying.

I just say "Thank You" in a sarcastic tone. Don't make any difference but it makes me feel better!! :mrgreen:

To me that doesnt sound like a Smart Car driver..... No no..... It sounds like a typical BMW driver! The amount of times I have been 'bullied' on the M4 motorway to move out of the way when im doing a fair old speed in my MG...... Just because their car is better than mine......

If you can move over then you should just move over.

The amount of times Ive been doing say 130km/ph and a person infront is doing 110km/ph overtaking someone else who is doing 108 km/ph at a distance of 50m and they dont f#$king realise that they could have moved over, let me past, moved back out again about 3 times before they even overtake the other bloody car really pisses me off. Half the time I just overtake on the insidelane as I really cant be bothered hanging about behind them.

Another example of driving genius is to keep your speed overtaking the other to a minimum and then, just when youve past it and move to the otherlane you press the accelator therby saying, "see I went a bit faster so you can continue driving at a decent speed"........had they done it before hand they wouldnt have caused everybody else to have to slow down......The thickness of people amazes me.

@ Nick, dont come over to Holland then, minimum taxrate is 38% (england is 22% isnt it?). And they continue to privatise government organisation yet continue to keep the taxrate the same. They are even going so far that they are taxing pensions.......yep thats right, the money you saved after tax from working extra hard to build it up, they are gonna tax you again........

There really is a basic flaw in politics and governments. After all they are "trained" in making large scale long term plans, 15 to 20 years for example, yet they only have a term of 4 years and some other f$%ker then gets to waste more money on other bloody plans that again wont be used in time.

Over here they had the gaulle (sp, not charles?) to "go into the country and talk to the people for 100days" to decide what to do. I mean if they have to talk to joe blogs to find out what is wrong they shouldnt be in their position in the 1st place, disregarding the fact that the public are stupid and havent got a f#$king clue as it is.

One of the newcomers came up with a plan so briljant it will knock your socks off. The problem was what to do with youth and gangs hanging around and causing trouble. The ministers solution; "we will talk to everybody". Thats nearly literaly her plan, and it took her 6 months to come up with that! Ive had more intellectual farts!

Aaarrghh, I hate Holland.......

Fcuking Abbey National!!! Anybody with Abbey knows what pricks they are, i had to wait 3 bloody months for a new debit card, i put it in the machine the other day and it ate it...apparently someone reported it stolen. Now i can't pay my rent.

HSBC here i come..

Back
Top Bottom