The Retro-PES Corner

Hey guys do you know when you're playing PES 2021, you can press F12 while playing and steam will save an unlimited number of screenshots of your game in a windows folder?

I'd like to do something similar in PES 2013 and PES 2011, without having to print screen and copy paste. Is there a way to do this by pressing only a single button? Thanks :TU:

Hey guys do you know when you're playing PES 2021, you can press F12 while playing and steam will save an unlimited number of screenshots of your game in a windows folder?

I'd like to do something similar in PES 2013 and PES 2011, without having to print screen and copy paste. Is there a way to do this by pressing only a single button? Thanks :TU:
Only a single button, no

If you combine Windows + print screen you will find your photos inside Windows foldee

I think you need a third-party programm like snaps, fraps, or whatever.

Do you know? This beautiful game (PES 6) have a 15 years, but nobody created an editor for Master League, where we can edit player's stats. I don't have an idea how to create something like that, but editor for PES or FIFA created by Aranktu could be easy to use. It's just mine thought, maybe it will motivate someone to create this tool. :)

Do you know? This beautiful game (PES 6) have a 15 years, but nobody created an editor for Master League, where we can edit player's stats. I don't have an idea how to create something like that, but editor for PES or FIFA created by Aranktu could be easy to use. It's just mine thought, maybe it will motivate someone to create this tool. :)
Do you know ? They prefer to make a gameplay patch and tools for PES 5 and not PES 6.

I played with gameplay patch for PES 5 from Elaf, and he reduced more the points you earn after win/ draw in Master League . And I can tell you it's very hard to have a team with stars.

I would like to learn how to change the gameplay with cheat engine but it needs very long time for me.

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen this? Amazing. Managed to get myself a copy.

I get instagram login page :LOL: :COAT:

You can do it with the windows xbox game bar thing. You can set up keys to print screen when it's running. It's in the windows menus

gb.JPG

View attachment 126862
A delivery today. I don’t think I have played this yet, so I’m looking forward to testing it later. WE10 had such an intriguing timeline. I honestly don’t know whether this will be like WE10 Japanese, or PES 6.

From what I can ascertain it was released far nearer the Japanese than PES6 but with Konami sense goes out the window. 😄

This saddo is keen to see the menus. The WE10 ones are ace but would Nakamura and Zico work for a Korean audience? Did they get a crap Adriano one like we did?

I'm staying tuned...

From what I can ascertain it was released far nearer the Japanese than PES6 but with Konami sense goes out the window. 😄

This saddo is keen to see the menus. The WE10 ones are ace but would Nakamura and Zico work for a Korean audience? Did they get a crap Adriano one like we did?

I'm staying tuned...
Have a feeling the menu will be ultra generic. I recall the other Korean games being pretty bland. I’ll be taking another (upscaled) look of the Korean ML defaults though 🙂

Nvidia and AMD provide this functionality in their drivers... Well, AMD surely does (you can record an entire session of play, the last N seconds played* or a screenshot) because I'm using it. Nvidia used to, and I see no reason for them not to do it anymore.
Intel also has something similar but I don't know how useful it is: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058483/graphics.html

Otherwise you'd need to use some third party tool: Fraps, Bandicam, OBS... If you only need to record screenshots, I'd suggest Greenshot for it's the most versatile screen capturing app I've seen around (and it's free!), but I don't know whether it can capture D3D output unfortunately (I use it to capture the screen for tutorials/documentation, I've never used it for gaming as I use the AMD utility for that).
It's definitely worth a try though.

*I have this value set at 60 which I think it's the default value, but I think it can be increased (and decreased) according to the needs.

Well let me see.. From what I can see, the most obvious difference is that PES 2013 has 5 levels of pass assistance, that really makes a lot of difference! (I personally enjoy one bar and two bar assistance in 2013!). I've also seen that PES 2013 has some different and new animations.

Another difference as noted by @H_G is that PES 2013 you can trigger player runs while in PES 2011 you cant.

However, PES 2011 has very solid gameplay as well, even though it has only one pass setting, it is very nice to play. Sometimes it feels like 2013 is more varied, while 2011 is more smooth. I played a second division Spanish league game not too long ago in PES 2011, and it felt smooth as butter! Might be my impression though! :TU:
Thanks! I played PES 2013 for a 5 months and I don't think it's the right PES for my style, too focused in counterattack IMO.

Playing some more of my PES 5 ML last night, I faced PSG. Poor Pauleta; despite his side finishing third last year- level on points with me (2nd) and one point behind league champions Monaco- he didn't score once in the league. This season in our first game against PSG, he seemed to have broken his duck when he gently chipped it over the on-rushing Ivarov. Sadly for him, his striker partner decided to needlessly help it over the line- turns out this guy had been offside, goal disallowed! To rub salt into Pauleta's wound, he was then instantly booked for an earlier foul he had committed for which the ref hadn't stopped play. About five minutes later, he fouled again and was sent off!

EDIT: Almost forgot- I had a weird bug tonight, one I'd never seen before in any PES. I got sent off, apparently for an off the ball incident. Mystified, I allowed it to show the replay of when the foul occurred, but it just showed one of my players, French full back/midfielder Domi, running around on his own for a couple of seconds. He didn't do anything ref!

Last edited:
I'm gonna try this.. If it doesn't work I'll try greenshot that @*aLe recommended. :TU:

@mattmid do you know where the screenshots are stored? I can't find a folder of this xbox thingy. :LOL:

:LOL:

On that screenshot I attached see down the left it says captures, click on that and it shows you where they are being saved (I think default is videos folder) and you can also move the captures folder to wherever you like and it will still save it in there (or so it says, I've never tried it)

Do you guys know of any gameplay patches that work well for PES 2011? Perhaps to increase player runs a bit? Because the game itself plays great otherwise!

Last edited:
View attachment 126862
A delivery today. I don’t think I have played this yet, so I’m looking forward to testing it later. WE10 had such an intriguing timeline. I honestly don’t know whether this will be like WE10 Japanese, or PES 6.
Well this was a let down!

it is near on exactly the same as the Japanese WE10. Same menus, roster etc. Just in Korean language and has faces for the Korean NT. I got quite excited when I was the game file size was 4.3gb. Can’t see why it is so big. Even the ML team are just ‘our’ default players. Not the Korean team that is in other Korean releases.

In summary - this is absolutely not what I wanted from my record fee paid for a single game 😂😂😫. Anyway, just need 2 more games to complete the PS2 Korean set.

Anyone playing PES2012 recently?

I skipped 2013 and 2014, so this was my main footy game for years, i come back to it from time to time, tho not too much since i have 2015, 2018 and 2021 Lite.
Gave it a shot recently and, well, every once in a while when i picked this game up i could still play on SuperStar and do well enough.
Now i lose every match and can't keep a clean sheet to save my life, i used to love this a lot, and still do, but mostly the attacking side only now.
I recall the defending being tough, as in every opposition player was Messi on the ball pretty much, it was hard to tackle, mostly they got past you, or were fouled, and trust me, you don't want to foul the opposition here, conceding a free kick near the box is worse than a penalty.
Also, crosses are a pain because for some reason your defenders stand still when a cross is made, then the striker does this bullet header and is usually a goal.
It's weird, it was always tough, but now i lose literally every match, conceding many goals sometimes, PES is such a weird franchise, sometimes if feels like the games just change from one day to the next.

It's a shame because there's so much to like in PES2012.
This game's pitchside camera, to me, is the best version this camera has ever had, and it's one of the franchise's best overall.
The look of the game as a whole is great, the turfs are better than 2018, 2020 and 2021, no joke, the player's anatomy is also wonderful, the sweat effects, the animations (Apart from running, looks like they have something up their...), the looks are also good outside the pitch, i mean, these menus are incredible, just like 2011's, Konami made these games look so much more sophisticated and polished in that time.
Having the ball in this is a bliss, i love the attacking side of this game, even the weird shooting since it's so unpredictable, just a shame that the defending, while i get the idea behind it, was poorly executed.
I like the emphasis on timing your tackle, on the jockey, they were trying to make defending a bigger part of the game, as it is pretty much 50% of what you're doing in a match usually, they just overdid it i think.

It's not all doom and gloom however.
I've decided to do exactly what i did to recent FOX Engine PES games, in which i also thought defending was a pain and unrealistic at times.
I turned down the difficulty to Professional, changed the controls to FUMA, and in this specific case, since this is much faster than newer games in the franchise, i put the speed at -1.
Honestly, this is so much better to play, doesn't even feel that different from the newer games tbh, it's a good simulation of football, just has worse animations and more limited movement, also the players lack weight, which is another big flaw, but hey, it has a lot more fouls, more than 2021 tbh, and also they are much more consistent, the opposition actually fouls me to put a stop to my play, without me having to draw in a foul like i have to most of the time now.

Tbh i think these setting changes i've made do work as a general tip for footy games, if you ever feel that the higher difficulties play poorly, cheap and unrealistic, turn it down and put on FUMA, or just less assistance without going all the way, to compensate, it never fails (Except for FIFA, FUMA for me feels really weird in those games, but maybe that's just me).

Does this mean i think PES2012 is amazing again? Yes and No, i mean, like i've said before, PES games can be completely different from session to session, so my feelings can always change, but right now i'm much happier with the game, Seabass' last game in charge was a good send off to the legend.
Definitely recommend it to anyone that still has their copy lying around :3
I just saw this bro! Amazing write up and review. I've been really enjoying PES 2011 and PES 2013, and I want to try the 2nd game of the trilogy!

I feel like both 2011 and 2013 have their own advantages over the other.

PES 2011: Better graphics and presentation, smoother gameplay, deeper Master League and tactics, overall a more beautiful game.
PES 2013: Many more active patches, especially for obscure leagues, different pass assistance levels, more varied difficulty.

Can't wait to PES 2012, downloading it right now. I'm expecting a combination of both! :TU:

PES 2011 got better inertia and weight shift, defending system more physical than tactical (a lot) like old school PES and shooting power better represented. PES 2013 let's say variety, overall ambiance, some added stuffs, and AI is a bit more various. Big difference is the players are light on PES 2013 while they looks solid on PES 2011, some don't really care, it's a matter of feeling more than gameplay. Also a bit more reactive than PES 2011 overall.

I personally prefers PES 2011 as it's the closest in terms of ATT/DEF balance but some really like PES 2013, there's a lot small features. Even if i got better sensations with PES 2021 i still like PES 2013 it and can replay it without problem. Just that the game put me too much on my nerve due to defending.

I remember, that 2010 year was a great year of Football games, with FIFA 11 (PS360 version) and PES 2011. You could shift from one to another even if they where completely different and PES was still technically under FIFA / Technique doesn't make all, with the recoil even with 8 directions, i started to like PES 2008 and 2010 (not 2009, the fastest PES ever made, but the very first with DLC and update : and it was a superb thing from the time) PES 2008 was very bad received : but when you replay it, it's a PES 6 in HD or more a PES 4 due to the pace, a bit less assisted in Defense than PES 6like Seabass wanted. You have to use much more sliding tackle, but they're easier to do and much more effective, like IRL in fact there's a lot of sliding tacke in real football from that era at least.

Last edited:
I played PES 12 few months back, didnt like it at all, speed is too much for my taste eventhough i already set gamespeed to -2.

PES 2011 was pretty good in terms of speed, PES 2013 way too agile. PES 2012 even more, personnally i didn't liked that football game year (neither Fifa 12 with bugged first try of tactical defending)

Bros, there is still something about PES 2013 graphically that does not completely convince me.

Don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome game, but even with the turf mods and increased LOD settings, there's a choppiness to the graphics I can't really place. It's not that I necessarily mind them, but it seems illogical that PES 2011 and PES 2012 are beautiful to look at, even with the limtations of their engine, these games still look very nice.(i've seen vids on PES 2012 which look great). PES 2013 presentation seems like a significant downgrade in this department.

pes2011.jpgpes2013.jpg

Is it just my impression, or does PES 2011 look a lot better than PES 2013? Like I said, I don't really mind playing with choppier graphics, it just seems like at least visually, 2013 was a devolution when compared to the other ones of this trilogy, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom