The Random Crap Thread

Saw this at the doctors today, had to take a picture and upload it to make Jay jealous.

Joe & Chris!

joeandchris.jpg

You sick again Chris?
I was saying in the chatbox yesterday, I woke up at 5am in agony with my eye, worst pain I've had in a long time. It felt like someone was squeezing it from the inside and I couldn't see out of it properly. Went to the doctors today and the guy reckons it's just a migraine, but A) I've had migraines for years and this feels totally different, B) it's only my eye that hurts, nowhere else in my head, C) my eye was in a right state for hours afterwards (see picture below), and D) it's still like that now and I'm still in pain after two or three days... I'm actually having to wear a pair of sunglasses to look at the screen. :ANX:

I'm going to get a second opinion next week, he didn't even look away from his computer screen to look at it (literally).

bloodyeye.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like eye-strain, perhaps you've been spending too long at the computer/gaming for too long/looking at the TV or PC in dark conditions.

Just take regular breaks and get some Optrex that'll sort you out.

Why would it have come on so suddenly after ten years of spending too much time on PCs/consoles though? And I don't think it's that because I've had strained/tired eyes before - this isn't just a stinging sensation, it's literally like a hand in my head has hold of my eye and they're squeezing the shit out of it, like a migraine focussed entirely in that eye. I nearly puked from the pain originally but since then it's got a bit better, but it's still bloody painful.

Why would it have come on so suddenly after ten years of spending too much time on PCs/consoles though? And I don't think it's that because I've had strained/tired eyes before - this isn't just a stinging sensation, it's literally like a hand in my head has hold of my eye and they're squeezing the shit out of it, like a migraine focussed entirely in that eye. I nearly puked from the pain originally but since then it's got a bit better, but it's still bloody painful.

You should get a second opinion a bit quicker mate. The way you describe it doesn't sound good at all (Not to worry you :DD) and you shouldn't leave it too long.

If you haven't had it before and you know what your migraines are like, then you should definately get it checked out as soon as possible. Especially the way you described how your doctor checked it aswell.

I agree with Bobby, it might even be best to go to A&E. I'm sure if you explained about your doctor not helping they'd get you looked at.

My mum went to the doctors last week with really bad back pain (the kind where taking a deep breath is almost impossible), and they told her to just take ibuprofen for a few days. That night she decided to go to the walk in bit of A&E and was told that she'd torn a muscle in her back, and was signed off work for 2 weeks.

The Ugly Betty one is my favourite.

They're all actual, serious paintings as well, love it.

Back
Top Bottom