The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

Is it true that the Leeds United owner requested Paddy Kenny to be released because he was born on May 17th?

I'm italian and I followed the fact. As our tabloids say, Cellino is a scaramantic person, but he didn't release Kenny because of his birthdate. Simply Kenny's contract was expiring on June 30th and Cellino decided to not renew it because Kenny isn't included in the owner's plans for Leeds.

I personally believe that the ONLY ones who should take decisions or have any consent on the squad of a football team are the manager and the director of football in mutual and unanimous agreement. Third parties should stay OUT of these choices and mind their own business. See for example the Di Maria situation: even though Ancelotti has clearly statee that he will need him for next season, he is about to leave for PSG as Florentino requested.

Yes, I believe that a great part of club owners doesn't know how football goes. For them it is only a matter of money. And Cellino is included among them. Also when he owned Cagliari, he sold or punished some good players for stupid reasons (e.g. Marchetti)

Saphir Taïder (FC Internazionale) -----> Southampton FC (loan with option to buy)

Javier Manquillo (Atlético de Madrid) -----> Liverpool FC (out on a year loan)

Last edited:
I personally believe that the ONLY ones who should take decisions or have any consent on the squad of a football team are the manager and the director of football in mutual and unanimous agreement. Third parties should stay OUT of these choices and mind their own business. See for example the Di Maria situation: even though Ancelotti has clearly statee that he will need him for next season, he is about to leave for PSG as Florentino requested.

Sure, I agree in most cases. But clubs are businesses and they'll need to trim off excess costs if they're to sign good players. For many years Milan kept signing expensive players with high contract demands without careful financial control - our director of football made all these signings with the manager, and now we have no money and are making bosman transfers only.

I read that Kenny had the 2nd highest contract at Leeds, and was also overweight.

Well, sometimes cutting wages is an obligation, but the Kenny situation would have been a much less deal if he stated the reasons you stated instead of that stupid, pointless 17 thing.

In other news...

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (Southampton) ----> INTER (loan)
Ki9hrDI.png

Robinho (A.C. Milan) -----------------> (Santos FC) (On loan until 30 June 2015 and with option to buy him)

Source:
10425413_429916240482198_1462629518025373484_n.png

Thanks for all Robin-Hood! :)

His first season was great - but I think that was down to Ibrahimovic being an awesome assist-man. Since then he was always injured and very inconsistent. It's been over a year that Milan tried to sell him but no one made an offer.

His personality was pretty good at Milan, just a shame his abilities couldn't match up after a strong first season.

It's too bad he's leaving this early, I don't think he's ready yet but Spartak's offer (about 15m Euros) couldn't be refused by Twente really. Also I don't blame Promes going there as he will earn 3m a year which is an incredible amount for a young player like him. I think once he has adjusted to the RPL he will become an important player for Spartak. Plus, with Hiddink now being the Dutch national team manager the RPL won't be overlooked. I think Douglas, Büttner and Promes can easily be called up if they play well.

Back
Top Bottom