The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

money well spended, after 5 years he still is only 26, if he stayes for so long Everton still can make profit out of him...

great news for you!

Besides from what is reported EFC is only paying 5m this season, the rest is spread in the next 5 years, wich might mean Roberto will get a few more players in.

I dont get this 5m x5season...He might be gone in 3 years and EFC will be paying 10m w/o the players or worse CHelsea can come back and buy him again.

if he´s gone, Everton will profit from it anyway, he will be their player once the deal is done, no matter what, they can ask their price for him.

if Chelsea comes back, he might not want to join or they will ask double of what they pay now. He has the potential to be so good.

Thanks guys, just hope he can stay out of injures... otherwise it will be Yakubu all over again :( (not saying Lukaku will turn up like Yakubu, he is miles better but injuries can destroy any player)

still he has chainged Bulgaria for USA...good move imo.

MLS is going to be huge in 10 years imo.

MLS is still miles away from an average European league. There's too much space, lack of intensity, and poor technique, etc. They are improving, but there's still a long road.

MLS is still miles away from an average European league. There's too much space, lack of intensity, and poor technique, etc. They are improving, but there's still a long road.

Pipa didn't say in 2 years he said 10 yrs. It the city that funds the stadium as business partners in a smaller scale. 22 clubs now, n in 10 yrs whose knows...atm it may seem to be a league for those who has past it. Europe IMO will have to be involve to make this league better .

MLS is still miles away from an average European league.
Agree and disagree. It's on par with Denmark, Norway, Sweden, but not Greece and Turkey.
There's too much space...
Brazil is an example of league that has too much space. If anything, when I watch an MLS match the field seems too compact because of the on-field intensity.
...lack of intensity...
Perhaps the idea of what you are trying to communicate is being lost in translation, but there is no shortage of intensity in our league. Everyone is flying around at full tilt like chickens with their heads cut off...ALL THE TIME! It's actually one of the main reasons why I can't stand to watch MLS and why I find the Premier League to be a bit cut and dry sometimes.
...and poor technique.
This! A thousand times this! Our youth national teams are starting to play more possession-based football, but our club teams and senior national team still find it difficult to hold on to the ball, especially outside of their opponent's 18-yard box. No one is patient enough to keep the ball -- they want instant results NOW (which is indicative of our culture). We also do not develop wingers like other countries. All of our wide players function more like wide midfielders in a 4-4-2 than wingers in a 4-5-1/4-3-3. Again, our youth national teams are starting to develop players that are more dynamic and want to take players on from wide positions in the final third, but we are still 8-10 years away from reaping the benefits. Even then, nothing is guaranteed because we have a backwards development system.
They are improving, but there's still a long road.
We will improve only if we model our player development program after other countries in the world. Right now, we require families to pay for training to become a professional player. Yes, the majority of MLS clubs now help pay for their academy players to receive training, but there are still plenty of development academy clubs in the US that are not associated with MLS and cannot afford to subsidize all of their players' training. The result is our national player pool is significantly weakened because we do not have our best players in our system, especially are ever-growing population of soccer-loving minorities (e.g., Hispanic Americans). A large proportion of those families cannot afford to pay for their child to train at one of the academies if it is not paid for by the club itself. Until that changes, as well as the introduction of a promotion-relegation system, the US will continue to fail to capitalize on its potential as an up-and-coming soccer power. Luckily, Klinsmann is the most outspoken critic of our development system that we've ever had, so there is hope that things will change sooner rather than later.

Pipa didn't say in 2 years he said 10 yrs. It the city that funds the stadium as business partners in a smaller scale. 22 clubs now, n in 10 yrs whose knows...atm it may seem to be a league for those who has past it. Europe IMO will have to be involve to make this league better .

I personally don't believe that MLS will be at the top level in 10 years. Just my personal view. I think that the lack of home-grown talent is not enough to make the league at that level (as Steve-O21 said they still have major issues at grass root levels), specially when the talent kids go to Europe as soon as they can. Plus the lack of promotion-relegation system seriously hurt competition, and the very small cap space (especially with "cheap owners" that don't fulfil the designated player quota) does not allow them to bring mid-level talent. And if Liga MX became a bit more organised, I reckon that lot of MLS talent would go there (bigger wages).

Agree and disagree. It's on par with Denmark, Norway, Sweden, but not Greece and Turkey.

They are miles away of the true mid-level leagues (Portugal, Greece, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, The Netherlands, Belgium, Serbia, etc.).

Perhaps the idea of what you are trying to communicate is being lost in translation, but there is no shortage of intensity in our league. Everyone is flying around at full tilt like chickens with their heads cut off...ALL THE TIME! It's actually one of the main reasons why I can't stand to watch MLS and why I find the Premier League to be a bit cut and dry sometimes.

What I meant was more in terms of stamina, defensive pressure and generally how fast the player play. They take to many plays off and players look a bit out of breath in the second half, etc.

This! A thousand times this! Our youth national teams are starting to play more possession-based football, but our club teams and senior national team still find it difficult to hold on to the ball, especially outside of their opponent's 18-yard box. No one is patient enough to keep the ball -- they want instant results NOW (which is indicative of our culture). We also do not develop wingers like other countries. All of our wide players function more like wide midfielders in a 4-4-2 than wingers in a 4-5-1/4-3-3. Again, our youth national teams are starting to develop players that are more dynamic and want to take players on from wide positions in the final third, but we are still 8-10 years away from reaping the benefits. Even then, nothing is guaranteed because we have a backwards development system.

Maybe this will change with more continental Europeans coach coming to the US. I think you guys had a bit too much influence of the British in terms of how you value/develop players.

We will improve only if we model our player development program after other countries in the world. Right now, we require families to pay for training to become a professional player. Yes, the majority of MLS clubs now help pay for their academy players to receive training, but there are still plenty of development academy clubs in the US that are not associated with MLS and cannot afford to subsidize all of their players' training. The result is our national player pool is significantly weakened because we do not have our best players in our system, especially are ever-growing population of soccer-loving minorities (e.g., Hispanic Americans). A large proportion of those families cannot afford to pay for their child to train at one of the academies if it is not paid for by the club itself. Until that changes, as well as the introduction of a promotion-relegation system, the US will continue to fail to capitalize on its potential as an up-and-coming soccer power. Luckily, Klinsmann is the most outspoken critic of our development system that we've ever had, so there is hope that things will change sooner rather than later.

This is something that I always find appalling. A country with a massive Latin-American population and so few players that play in MLS and USMNT. Thank to you now I understand a bit better the problem. That's something that needs to be address with urgency. Football isn't a sport that can be thought, practise late in the kids lifes, like American football or basketball (Which both have a lot of success stories of kids/adolescent that start playing the game really late and where massively successful at the professional level). Cruiff even said once that technique and "your relation with the ball" is cultivated a very early age, after 12 you are not going to develop that, just your tactical knowledge, etc.

Also I watch a piece or a documentary somewhere in which was stated that even though "soccer" is widely played at a very young age by kids isn't taking very seriously (just something for them to stay active) and when the kids grow older they tend to crossover to other sports, especially American football, so maybe the pool of kids that actually played organised football gets even smaller with age.
------
The growing of MLS is a very nice thing for the sport. Americans are in love with sports, maybe more than any other country, and the crossover between sporting cultures can only benefit the game, maybe in the same fashion that it did to basketball when the Europeans started playing it (Even in today's NBA the majority of the teams plays a "European style").

The way that fans are engaging with the league and the clubs is amazing. 10 years ago, you saw packed venues with a lot of disinterested people that came to see the circus / that crazy, exotic thing. Now you see a lot of people that really love the game. I saw the last MLS final, in a cold, windy, snowy day, a full stadium with people that really enjoyed the game. That was really nice. MLS has still a lot to grow, but considering that there was no professional football in the US in the 80's until the mid-90's, I feel that they are ahead in terms of quality that anyone could (realistic) hope for 15 years ago.

No reason why he can't do that in the MLS.

I disagree with you. MLS is weaker than top 10 European leagues (IMO). He would have bigger chances of making a good football career in European leagues like Greek, Belgian, Russian, etc. IMO you go to MLS for 1 of the 3 reasons:
1. You're old;
2. You're too bad to play in Europe (top 15 leagues);
3. You're hungry for money.

I don't have anything against MLS, it's not boring to watch, but it's not the right place for the players like Rais. (IMO)

Haris Seferović (Real Sociedad) --------------> (Eintracht Frankfurt)

Source:
10351246_10152281286583543_3688275050374355803_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom