The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

Jeremy Toulalan (Malaga) ---> AS Monaco

resizedimage626349-je-suis-monaco-toulalan-en-hp.jpg

Seldom have I seen a more cheesy ad than that. It should have said "I am tax free"

Serious though, I had a lot of respect for Toulalan because he was pretty good imo. But twice now he's followed the money in his career, respect = 0 now..

It's their profession, they do it for the money.
You would also change job of you could earn much more (and then there is living in Monaco...).

I don't really like a club like Monaco, but i don't blame the players...

Serious though, I had a lot of respect for Toulalan because he was pretty good imo. But twice now he's followed the money in his career, respect = 0 now..

you would do the same if they wanted you, admit it...or at least i would. especially if i wasn´t a top class player, like Toulalan isn´t. Only top class players can choose clubs not just for money, but also looking at their careers and future success imo. Then there are top class greedy players who go only for better money wherever... But Monaco are no other than rest clubs, if other clubs had their situation, they would do the same.. there isn´t exception imo, that´s the reality of the game and world we are living in.

you would do the same if they wanted you, admit it...or at least i would. especially if i wasn´t a top class player, like Toulalan isn´t. Only top class players can choose clubs not just for money, but also looking at their careers and future success imo. Then there are top class greedy players who go only for better money wherever... But Monaco are no other than rest clubs, if other clubs had their situation, they would do the same.. there isn´t exception imo, that´s the reality of the game and world we are living in.

Maybe, but I've never once in my life considered money as important (beyond being able to pay for what I need) but then again, never in my life have I been offered £XXX,000 to play a sport I love.
When I was younger I always thought of my career (if I had ever been good enough) as being like:
Join one of the Bristol clubs and get noticed, sign on at one of Englands best at 20 play for 6 years move to one of Spain's elite for 3 years, and the onto Italy for 2 years. Then I'd have liked to play in Japan (the culture has always appealed to me) for two years before returning to Bristol for the remainder of my career.

But when you're young money etc means nothing.

I guess its a personal ethics question more than anything.

yeah, but most football players are not the clever guys and some will live like gods for their career not thinking they retire from work at 30, when most of todays youth never had experienced how to earn money untill not much less age before 30 becouse of the crisis.. nevermind, i think if i knew i will end my career that i worked on at the age of 30 - 32 and i want to enjoy rest of my life with family knowing my kids have all they need. i would sign the deal that is financially best for me, and then i would look on other aspects.

Christ, Fiorentina said that they might not even sell Jovetic!

Rossi-Gomez-Jovetic.... and the rest of the squad is already quite strong! Damn, that's ambition!

€5m is a bargain, he is certainly up with the best potent strikers in the world when played down the middle.

It's actually 2 M€. 2 additional M€ if Villa plays on 2015 at Atletico and another one if Villa remains until 2016.

Truly a gift, I can't understand it. Well, we have a monkey as chairman, so I can understand it, but I can't accept it

I hope they, at least, got preference over the future of Oliver Torres.

It's actually 2 M€. 2 additional M€ if Villa plays on 2015 at Atletico and another one if Villa remains until 2016.

Truly a gift, I can't understand it. Well, we have a monkey as chairman, so I can understand it, but I can't accept it

I hope they, at least, got preference over the future of Oliver Torres.

I read somewhere that it has to do with his reluctance to leave Spain... and Atletico was the only club interested in him in Spain.

Miguel Lopes (Sporting CP) ---> Olympique Lyonnais

Amine Aoudia (ES Sétif) ---> Dynamo Dersden

Really happy for this guy, finally playing in Europe. He was my team-mate back when I was a freshman.

Back
Top Bottom