The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

Another world class talent flings himself into the black hole of european football, the french league.

Shame

For a black hole league this isn't a bad beginning of a Starting XI of current players who begain their careers in France, if someone could name me a Centre Back and Right Midfielder to complete it.

4-1-2-1-2

GK Lloris
RB Debuchy
CB Koscielny
CB Varane/Rami (one for the future and one for the now, thanks Special One and Rossinho)
LB Evra
DM Essien
RM Hazard (thanks Damjan, can't believe I missed him)
LM Ribery
AM Nasri
ST Drogba
ST Benzema

Last edited:
But Varane, Pogba and Kondogbia have never played in Ligue 1. ;)

But Varane, Pogba and Kondogbia have never played in Ligue 1. ;)

I can confirm that Varane and Kondogbia both played games in Late 2010, during the year which saw Lens relegated. But Pogba was taken out of Havre before he could play a Ligue 1 game and so doesn't count in my selection of players :P

Well you forgot Monaco's own Products: Henry, Trezeguet, Thuram, Petit, Ruffier...

I didn't forget, I just preferred Lloris over Ruffier and Drogba over Henry, as Trezeguet he first came through at another Argentian team I believe and the other two have already retired.

But still these players show again the clear strength of an underrated League.. if anything, when it comes to producing its own players England is more of a European blackhole.

I feel we have hijacked this thread with a lot of OT posts though!

I don't really count Kondogbia and Varane, because they barely made an impact in Ligue 1... All those other players proved themselves in Ligue 1 and abroad.

Ligue 1 is very underrated, not a black-hole at all.

Varane played full season in Lens, wich is even bellow Ligue 1.. i would count him in definetly + the discussion is strainge as French football provides other leagues with many players each season + the league is definetly on rise..new stadiums for EURO2016 are being build, old ones fixed... clubs buy amazing players and the league this way is getting more stronger + the city like Marseille, Monaco, Paris etc...are imo way more beautifull than some top teams city´s and better for life, with better weather conditions and overall quality of life.. Ligue 1 is on rise and i´m happy about Monaco being competitive again... hopefully they have a plan of not just buying but also producing players like they did in past..

seriously? please tell me more about how much city paid for Sinclair..

The world class talent of Scott Sinclair cost around 7m.

Damn that must mean I am completely wrong to say that players like Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic and Falcao, 3 of the elite players of their positions, shouldn't be playing out of the spotlight in the french league. :DOH:

The world class talent of Scott Sinclair cost around 7m.

Damn that must mean I am completely wrong to say that players like Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic and Falcao, 3 of the elite players of their positions, shouldn't be playing out of the spotlight in the french league. :DOH:

And why is that ?

And why is that ?

For the same reason that the greatest architect in the world shouldn't be spending his time building sandcastles on Blackpool beach.

Only the french care about the french league and even that's debatable based on the attendance figures.

Just because you don't dare to broaden your footballing interest doesn't mean Ligue 1 is out of the spotlight. French football is very well covered, and it's a nice league to watch. French football is uprising, lot of teams with new stadiums, so it's only getting better.

Not a good idea, we'd need a light to find the thread.

Just because you don't dare to broaden your footballing interest doesn't mean Ligue 1 is out of the spotlight. French football is very well covered, and it's a nice league to watch. French football is uprising, lot of teams with new stadiums, so it's only getting better.

Don't pretend to have psychic powers.

For the same reason that the greatest architect in the world shouldn't be spending his time building sandcastles on Blackpool beach.

Only the french care about the french league and even that's debatable based on the attendance figures.

But the transfers of great players like Ibra, Falcao, Thiago Silva etc. improve on the issues you mentioned.
What should they do in your opinion - call it quits and disband the whole league because it isn't "glamorous" enough for you?

I like the French league. After Lyon's big dominance these past 6 years have seen 6 different champions. And even though I strongly dislike the whole sugar-daddy approach in football, PSG and now Monaco will add to the overall strength of the league, making it quite a bit more attractive in the future.
If you look at it objectively, you can really only come to the conclusion that they are on the right track. Every club first and foremost needs good players to advance and get better. PSG and Monaco now can afford the very best. Nothing wrong with some diversity. The more the merrier, I'd say; beats having world-class players on the benches of the very few teams that can afford them.

But the transfers of great players like Ibra, Falcao, Thiago Silva etc. improve on the issues you mentioned.
What should they do in your opinion - call it quits and disband the whole league because it isn't "glamorous" enough for you?

I like the French league. After Lyon's big dominance these past 6 years have seen 6 different champions. And even though I strongly dislike the whole sugar-daddy approach in football, PSG and now Monaco will add to the overall strength of the league, making it quite a bit more attractive in the future.
If you look at it objectively, you can really only come to the conclusion that they are on the right track. Every club first and foremost needs good players to advance and get better. PSG and Monaco now can afford the very best. Nothing wrong with some diversity. The more the merrier, I'd say; beats having world-class players on the benches of the very few teams that can afford them.

I agree with you from the perspective of the french league/teams.

Back
Top Bottom