The Official Transfers Thread [OFFICIAL LINKS ONLY]

di matteo had a decent record at MK dons and WBA, i don't think he has managed anyone else..

Exactly!

Had to remind myself what the guy looks like, too.
Roberto-Di-Matteo-Chelsea-008.jpg

Nelson Oliveira (SL Benfica) ----> Swansea City (loan)

I hope he gets some playing time. He's too young to be done with.

Loan him to a team that has Bony and Gomis upfront.:DOH: Probably the team that pay the most for the loan. Sometimes I'm baffled by the our manegement (Even if the rumours of Gomis departured proved to be true, he will barely see any action behind Bony).
Only when he terminates his contract with Benfica can he have a real change, I'm afraid. Although he played a significant role in being on route to being a bust.

Bony is leaving for the AFCoN mate. He'll miss 6 games at the very least.

Gomis will be their only option forward during that period and since Gomis is struggling a bit as well they loaned Nelson to be a(n) backup/alternative during that time.

So, he might get the chance to be the 1st choice striker for a while and that's all I'm hoping for, he needs game and someone who gives him some trust (things he's not getting at Benfica atm).

Bony is leaving for the AFCoN mate. He'll miss 6 games at the very least.

Gomis will be their only option forward during that period and since Gomis is struggling a bit as well they loaned Nelson to be a(n) backup/alternative during that time.

So, he might get the chance to be the 1st choice striker for a while and that's all I'm hoping for, he needs game and someone who gives him some trust (things he's not getting at Benfica atm).

I know about Bony leaving for CAN, but still he's behind Gomis and when Bony comes back he will be behind the two of them. Gomis is struggling, but is more because of lack of consistent playing time than any other thing. Just think that Nélson could've gone to a team that is struggling with strikers, not a team that have to very good ones (even if one is leaving for a month or so). Hope that he can outplay Gomis in January, but don't have my hopes high (He failed to beat Riki at Depor an Toivonen at Rennes, so this is a even bigger 'pill to swallow').

Back
Top Bottom