The Official Evo-Web PES 2018 Video Review - join in!

What the hell is bake off? Is it something like Masterchef? So I can let the wifey know.

And definitely sorry for one hell of an offtopic post :LOL:
Ha ha,yeah probably some cooking show,wifey watches those and real estate shows left and right.
I'm shit at baking,killer at cooking,but baking,not my thing:)

Just leaving this here (but not tagging anyone in it, because I'm aware this is the pettiest thing I've ever posted)...

3ruw4QM.jpg

Hi Chris,
Great, and for me, quite gutting review. I have 2018 on PC and really hoped for real expansion in ML mode.
Seems that online MP as a form of DRM is killing single-player experiences across gaming, now it infects my 20+ year love affair with 'my' footie game.... :(
Some of us LIKE single-player modes as well Konami. Please don't become bland!

Seems that online MP as a form of DRM is killing single-player experiences across gaming, now it infects my 20+ year love affair with 'my' footie game.... :(

True, but not really a DRM thing. E-sports guys love a level playing field where the result is about skill and not because one striker has better finishing stats. But that's what gives the offline modes depth, and even if people struggling with tactics to get a more realistic game are somewhat successful, personally I can't get over the fact that all teams will pass/shoot like barca *on a good day*. People should be making a fuss about it. Konami can easily nullify stat differences with a simple function if that's what people want online, but they can't completely skip making a serious game in the process.

This is a battle worth fighting for by the community. Convincing people that 0-0 draws can be fun and memorable is a losing battle. Too many people think the same about real football. In a few months/years maybe they will change their tune, but they can afford to be short-sighted for now, konami not so much...

WE9/PES5 is still light-years of this new release... If Konami released a WE9/PES5 2018 with an actual development team who have the ability to make core code improvements (graphics, frame rate, commentary, editing, crowds, atmosphere, presentation, etc...Things that patchers just dont have the time and resources to do and should not have to do...) There would only need to be the slightest tuning of gameplay, AI, and ball physics as these most important aspects were so refined already... This release is not even close to that... I think konami had a dream team of developers during that era and that team is what made the game, not the name...they will never be able to reproduce the feel and balance the game used to have.. OG fans will keep playing the newer games only because of nostalgia and trying to convince themselves that the game is better than it is... Funny thing is that with all the improvement to technology for game development, the animations in classic PES look and feel much more realistic and fluid than in the new titles....
New PES= Passed/Past Evolution Soccer

WE9/PES5 is still light-years of this new release... If Konami released a WE9/PES5 2018 with an actual development team who have the ability to make core code improvements (graphics, frame rate, commentary, editing, crowds, atmosphere, presentation, etc...Things that patchers just dont have the time and resources to do and should not have to do...) There would only need to be the slightest tuning of gameplay, AI, and ball physics as these most important aspects were so refined already... This release is not even close to that... I think konami had a dream team of developers during that era and that team is what made the game, not the name...they will never be able to reproduce the feel and balance the game used to have.. OG fans will keep playing the newer games only because of nostalgia and trying to convince themselves that the game is better than it is... Funny thing is that with all the improvement to technology for game development, the animations in classic PES look and feel much more realistic and fluid than in the new titles....
New PES= Passed/Past Evolution Soccer

I'm sure you would eat your words if they did release it .. a limited game with shots going over the keeper in to the net from 30-40 yards . .would become very boring very quickly. . . some people don't like the new game because it's too much of a challenge and enjoying Pes to some is all about winning .. .. ..if they can't win they stop playing it and slate it.

As I said, there can be minor improvements made... Ball Physics, Goalies, new animations, AI, etc... The game was so close to being as good as possible that it would not have taken much more... I would not eat my words because it is just a game after all, and I still enjoy WE9/PES5 without those improvements... There has never been any other game, football or not, that delivered the balance, challenge, and feel those games do...They just look and feel right... To each their own, but take all the polish away of these new games, play both games with the same graphics focusing purely on gameplay & mechanics and you will see that it is impossible to argue that era of PES still has better gameplay than the current gen... As someone who has played the series since ISS Pro, I can tell you that this has become an entirely new and inferior game to its predecessors, it is not an evolved version of the classics that made it what it is... Take GTA, Mario, Zelda, ... they made far more extreme transitions than PES... going from 2d to 3d, etc... But they were able to capture what made the originals great... PES... not so much:

As I said, there can be minor improvements made... Ball Physics, Goalies, new animations, AI, etc... The game was so close to being as good as possible that it would not have taken much more... I would not eat my words because it is just a game after all, and I still enjoy WE9/PES5 without those improvements... There has never been any other game, football or not, that delivered the balance, challenge, and feel those games do...They just look and feel right... To each their own, but take all the polish away of these new games, play both games with the same graphics focusing purely on gameplay & mechanics and you will see that it is impossible to argue that era of PES still has better gameplay than the current gen... As someone who has played the series since ISS Pro, I can tell you that this has become an entirely new and inferior game to its predecessors, it is not an evolved version of the classics that made it what it is... Take GTA, Mario, Zelda, ... they made far more extreme transitions than PES... going from 2d to 3d, etc... But they were able to capture what made the originals great... PES... not so much:

I don't agree . .I've also played since ISS . . . impossible to argue? I play the modern games because of the gameplay not the graphics ..it's not 1998 anymore .. .the game has evolved. . . .if you want keep playing Pes5 forever that's your choice. . .I'm content with the new versions.

Back
Top Bottom