The Official Evo-Web PES 2018 Video Review - join in!

You're Tranmere mate,what are you doing at Goodison:)
Because after you've watched Tranmere struggle to keep the ball on the pitch for 90 minutes, going and watching a Premier League game is like watching 22 magic wizard robots moving the ball around with their mind.

It's a whole other world, and a reminder that paying £20 to watch what essentially amounts to your mates having a kickabout by the bins is absolute madness.

Because after you've watched Tranmere struggle to keep the ball on the pitch for 90 minutes, going and watching a Premier League game is like watching 22 magic wizard robots moving the ball around with their mind.

It's a whole other world, and a reminder that paying £20 to watch what essentially amounts to your mates having a kickabout by the bins is absolute madness.

Stick a burger in my mouth
Shove a seat beneath my arse
Buy the shirt and shorts and socks
Win the keeper’s sweaty jocks
Point a gun down at your foot
Am I supposed to be at home?

(i hope you get the tranmere specific reference)

Ha ha I get it,it has its charm as well

For the guy (@Zorres, but there will be others) who said "you've got it on a lower difficulty".

It's my lunch hour - well, it was... But I nipped home and recorded this as quickly as I could. It's not a full game, but I hope it proves something to you.

This is unedited, and shows me selecting Superstar from the start. It's a Master League game too, so the AI is "trying".

There are moments where - possibly because it's a derby match - they do actually appear aggressive, but... Fast forward to the last 30 seconds and you'll see they leave you alone on the wings to do whatever you please.

It would have lasted longer, with Clyne on the opposite side, if I hadn't ran the ball out of play like a TOTAL SPANNER...

Anyway, here you go.

Oh, by the way - I didn't start Mané this time (again, you can see it all in the clip).

P.S. - Check out that AI ping-pong passing.

Heh heh I could almost hear your annoyance in the 'clicks' as you was setting up the match. Heheh it actually sounded like you was 'tutting'.

What do you think about this video? Difficulty legendary .... Defending is better here on wings than in Chris´s review with superstar difficulty... or no? My question for Chris and the other is .... is Legendary difficulty possible solution? :-)

Great review Chris, I enjoyed watching that.

Was strange hearing you as somehow due to your profile pic my mind has decided that that's you. (eventhough i know it's not).
Now my brain is having a hard time hearing that younger voice. (my brain does have a hard time with a lot of things though).

Anyway, thanks for the review.

What do you think about this video? Difficulty legendary .... Defending is better here on wings than in Chris´s review with superstar difficulty... or no? My question for Chris and the other is .... is Legendary difficulty possible solution? :-)
Attack/defense levels continue to plague PES. IT's back and forth, back and forth, rinse and repeat here. Even on Legendary difficulty, you can see it's defensive third to defensive third.

I do like the better coverage on the wings though.

I'm going to have to look into this att/def level again.

I've gone from excited after playing the beta, to concerned after playing the demo, to dreading playing the full game. Great Video review, BTW!

Attachments

• tenor (1).gif
    tenor (1).gif
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thnks Matt
have you tested it? it's always the same? the first thing that i wanna do is right that, have you recognized some particular setting like those of the last year from @papinho81 ? so i can set all the starting behaviors in a proper way

EDIT sorry i've watched the video, all is clear now :)

http://forums.operationsports.com/f...ploring-describing-attack-defense-levels.html

I've just now dabbled into it. So far that option seems to work in keep the att/def levels intact. Oddly enough it doesn't show that it is changing them. Last year it would just stay on green/green, but stay there.

We may need to open a separate thread, sorry @Chris Davies for hijacking your thread, mate :P .

I've just now dabbled into it. So far that option seems to work in keep the att/def levels intact. Oddly enough it doesn't show that it is changing them. Last year it would just stay on green/green, but stay there.

We may need to open a separate thread, sorry @Chris Davies for hijacking your thread, mate :P .
We're very thankful for your efforts regarding this.
Pretty much saved my 17 last year
So do go on,or open up a thread for it pal

Could this be done on PC faster than in-game and going one by one to change this? Thanks!

Could this be done on PC faster than in-game and going one by one to change this? Thanks!
on 2017 refer to this thread, on 2018 we can do the same via edit mode and i hope (after a decrypt tools release) to catch again the right bytes, so we can change them at least via hex before a new edit tools release (last editor tools mentioned at the bottom of the thread's first page is perfect to do that on 2017)

Last edited:
on 2017 refer to this thread, on 2018 we can do the same via edit mode and i hope (after some tools release) to catch again the right bytes, so we can change them at least via hex before a new tools release (last editor tools mentioned at the bottom of the thread's first page is perfect to do that on 2017)

Oh, it seems very interesting. I hope this can be done in PES 2018. I'm looking forward to it, thank you :3

So making a quick fix,making one team,plus your own play let's say blue/blue or orange/orange, a bit more build up play
Any tips for that
@kilay and @Matt10
The game drops for me in 40 min so will be trying to compare a good base,with what I describe above,to the more frantic out of the box experience

me and matt have different style, anyway the way tried by @Lami is what i wanna try,
i would like to try that
with 2017 Orange in DEF (to increase the pressure) and 2017 green in ATT. also move to frontline pressure and aggressive the pressing settings, maybe try to put in center the style of play (to try to avoid long passes on the wings) max the compactness, and raise def line to the max, about style of passing don't go over 5 Support range in both the case (long and short) .
Then use fluid formations and try to arrange all the positions more close to make an entire block.
and remove all the advanced settings...
EDIT and also try pressing on the wide to avoid Mane running on the side :)

Last edited:
me and matt have different style, anyway the way tried by @Lami is what i wanna try,
i would like to try that
with 2017 Orange in DEF (to increase the pressure) and 2017 green in ATT. also move to frontline pressure and aggressive the pressing settings, maybe try to put in center the style of play (to try to avoid long passes on the wings) max the compactness, and raise def line to the max, about style of passing don't go over 5 Support range in both the case (long and short) .
Then use fluid formations and try to arrange all the positions more close to make an entire block.
Hey,thanx man,and keeping all three (kick off/in pos/out of poss) the same.
Yeah,Lami posted that in his video and n the other thread right?
Been a long...
Appreciate the tips mate,will do,also have a look at @Lami setup
Thanx a million

i would like to try that
EDIT and also try pressing on the wide to avoid Mane running on the side :)
Edit:ha ha,got it mate

Yeah, we have multiple options to explore. It's pretty much all an attempt at the rubber-band effect to the AI. Hoping that it sticks.

I focus on the base of the changes, and then others can build up from there. Here is my video from 2017 on the att/def levels:

Hey,thanx man,and keeping all three (kick off/in pos/out of poss) the same.
Yeah,Lami posted that in his video and n the other thread right?
Been a long...
Appreciate the tips mate,will do,also have a look at @Lami setup
Thanx a million

about the three shapes (kick off/in pos/out of poss) usually i changed them a little (in 2017 ) if you wanna check what i've done check these videos.. i would try pretty the same (without any sureness)

guys sorry for the OT

about the three shapes (kick off/in pos/out of poss) usually i changed them a little (in 2017 ) if you wanna check what i've done check these videos.. i would try pretty the same (without any sureness)

guys sorry for the OT
Great kilay,will look into it
Same here,sorry for being a bit off topic

Three new videos:

MASTER LEAGUE SNEAK PEEK
plus FULL MATCH ON TOP PLAYER

FULL MATCH ON SUPERSTAR

FULL MATCH ON LEGEND

Chris, how long have you been working on these videos? Knowing how long it takes to make a video and upload it, that's pretty impressive. Good video but personal health is always more important and sometimes we forget that when we are so obsessed with footie games.

Chris, how long have you been working on these videos? Knowing how long it takes to make a video and upload it, that's pretty impressive. Good video but personal health is always more important and sometimes we forget that when we are so obsessed with footie games.
Ha, yeah, I got in from work, played the games, edited, uploaded, and now it's time for bed. :LOL:

All good, though. Thanks man.

Three new videos:

MASTER LEAGUE SNEAK PEEK
plus FULL MATCH ON TOP PLAYER

FULL MATCH ON SUPERSTAR

FULL MATCH ON LEGEND

i wanna thnks you but atm i can't see the videos (i'm always waiting the end of pes2018 download so any single KB is useful for me :) )
Anyway I never seen a honest review like your, thnks again and please aware Konami and Bhatti about that :)

Back
Top Bottom