The Mobile Phone thread

Playing Monkey Island again is fucking awesome

Things just keep coming back to me and at some points i remember what to do. I have the Meat for the dogs but cant remember where to put poison on it atm

Bloody hell Coopz, that's a fair bit into the game isn't it?

Or is it just before the bit where you fight the sheriff in the house?

I remember in one of the monkey islands, being stuck on a bit for AGES. I kept walking around the town.

I then found out I had my contrast (Or whatever) too low on my tv - so I didn't see the knife on the kitchen table. just one little twist of a knob and the knife was right there. I litterally was walking around for hours!!!

Bloody hell Coopz, that's a fair bit into the game isn't it?

Or is it just before the bit where you fight the sheriff in the house?

No i have just started so i don't think i can do that yet. Its a bloody addictive game though i tell ya

I have just done a bit of it, went to the circus and got fired out the cannon, found the treasure and found the chicken with a chicken with a pulley on it :)

No i have just started so i don't think i can do that yet. Its a bloody addictive game though i tell ya

I have just done a bit of it, went to the circus and got fired out the cannon, found the treasure and found the chicken with a chicken with a pulley on it :)

Ahh brings back memories. I want to get a decent phone now so I can play it!!!

Coopz where do you get all your stuff for your phone?

I got one but im not that impressed, keeps crashing.

I was looking for sat nav as well, but ive heard the ones that work on the n95 wont work on the 5800 cause of the touch screen.

I get apps, games and themes from these sites and i have quite alot on there now :))

http://www.dreamstrikes.com/
http://www.dotsis.com/mobile_phone/forumdisplay.php?f=189
http://dailymobile.se/category/applications-s60v5/

Also my phone hasn't crashed once yet and as Ireland said above you can use Garmin sat nav and it works fine

Btw there was a firmware update out for the phone but Nokia pulled it so i don't think it will be to long before we get it again. It goes from v11 to v20 and should fix whatever issues you have

good software it is i can recommend it

I installed Garmin today and i have to say its brilliant

Anyone who has a mobile with GPS needs to install this, because it basically makes your mobile a Tom Tom and if you have a touch screen phone its even better, its so easy to use its unreal

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Is
UK's Best Selling Portable Music Player

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Nokia UK claims that its first mass market touchscreen device has toppled Apple's iPod as UK's best-selling portable music player in 2009 which is not surprising at all considering that Nokia has managed to sold over 2.6 million units during the first quarter, with cumulative shipments of more than 3 million units since the 5800’s launch in late November 2008!

Latest GfK Retail and Technology UK figures for Jan-Mar 2009 have revealed that Nokia 5800 XM is 'The No.1 selling portable MP3 player in UK' in terms of both volume and values it defines a portable music player as any device capable to plays music and has a standard 3.5 mm audio jack.

Demand is likely high, UK operators selling phone still selling phone "like hot cakes" and the Finnish mobile phone giant claims that Nokia 5800 is now shipping at nearly one million units per month globally with little or no sign of slow down!

The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has seen successful sales starts in a number of markets, including Spain, India, Hong Kong, Thailand, Finland and especially Russia in November, with other territories including the UK, Singapore, Australia and the US couple of weeks ago.

"The Nokia 5800 XpressMusic has been received very positively and this milestone is just further proof that people all over the world want a device that is not only a great music experience, but also makes the most of touch screen technology," said Jo Harlow, Vice President, Nokia.

Had mine few days now and love it i had to wait a week more due to it being out of stock as above selling like hotcakes. Paid £195 for it from Dialaphone on Pay as you go on 02 but my Vodaphone sim worked fine.

Cant wait for the OVI store to open now

http://store.ovi.com/

My Dad got the Samsung Toco I think it is, today, I had a little go on it and it just seemed clumsy and cheap compared to the iPhone. I know it won't shock any of you to hear me say that but it is true.

Back
Top Bottom