The Master League adventures thread

My first post here, but just had to share this. After a awful defeat to Rennes, being defeated 10-0. My club Lorient with only 3 points and bottom of Ligue 1, midway in the season, needed to come back fighting against Nantes, a team that already defeated them in a worse way than Rennes. 14 mins into the game, with the scores 0-0. A very unexpected event happened...
After that own goal(I'm sure that shot was never going in) I definitely cheered ha. , the game ended 2-2. Lorient taking the lead to make it 2-1 again, after Nantes equalised. Until Nantes scored again, leaving us with 4 points.

My first post here, but just had to share this. After a awful defeat to Rennes, being defeated 10-0. My club Lorient with only 3 points and bottom of Ligue 1, midway in the season, needed to come back fighting against Nantes, a team that already defeated them in a worse way than Rennes. 14 mins into the game, with the scores 0-0. A very unexpected event happened...
After that own goal(I'm sure that shot was never going in) I definitely cheered ha. , the game ended 2-2. Lorient taking the lead to make it 2-1 again, after Nantes equalised. Until Nantes scored again, leaving us with 4 points.
In the first few seconds of your video. I hate it when players always advance the ball too far so the AI always gets the ball
That is always the case

Hey guys!

Launched a new Master League series today with Hertha Berlin!

Legend | FUMA | 15 mins.

Using Virtua Red's patch as well as PogChampion's new ML mod.

I would really recommend to install the Bundesliga Fullname Scoreboard. Its really better then the standard one

Hi guys. I recently switched from XBOX to PC and am using Ruitrind's Complete Option File mod. It was the first option file I came across before doing any proper research but I can see now it's just the beginning!
I've been messing about with recording the voiceless cut scene clips and doing voice overs for a laugh. Video below is the first end result where I incorporated the cut scenes into a new Master League season.

Hopefully it will give you a chuckle or two.

Cheers, AP.

Thanks bro! Yes, it was very cool, one of my most satisfying PES experiences ever, especially because of the self-imposed rules. It makes ML so much better, I actually read the rules of the Peruvian league and followed them, which makes the process and outcome that much more enjoyable. 👍

Let me know if you ever decide to start a ML in South America, Bra, Arg, etc.. I really love to watch these leagues, being that I am South American myself, lol, and know quite a bit about the leagues so if you ever need help with realism, rules, let me know! :BSCARF:
Hi, I've just completed my first season as a Colombian team as they seemed to be the worst team in the game. My salary budget was hardly anything so it was a challenge from the start. I'd be interested in know what rules there are for Colombian club teams.

I used a similar set of rules to reggae boy gaming where you only can buy free agents, youth players or those suggested by your scouts. I also tried to make the transfers realistic too.

I'm trying to avoid any regen players as that is something that I hate and hope can be sorted in the future.

Having usually played as Manchester United in the ML, it was a totally different experience. I was totally caught off guard with the league structure. I was 6th and expecting to close the gap over the next months but instead found myself in a home and away play off tournament to decide the league! Im looking forward to my first ever experience of the Copa Libertadores. Amazing fun!

Last edited:
Good job mate! Also respect to you for keeping home-rules around. In my dreamed ML, if i go to South America, Bra, Arg or LMX, i have a future plan of similar home rules, something like only up to 3 foreigners from EU-ASIA-AFR and up to 5 foreigners from South America. The rest 32 must be regional-homegrown players.
On Brazil you can have more than 5 foreign players in a team, but only this number can enter a match, counting with the bench

Hi, I've just completed my first season as a Colombian team as they seemed to be the worst team in the game. My salary budget was hardly anything so it was a challenge from the start. I'd be interested in know what rules there are for Colombian club teams.

I used a similar set of rules to reggae boy gaming where you only can buy free agents, youth players or those suggested by your scouts. I also tried to make the transfers realistic too.

I'm trying to avoid any regen players as that is something that I hate and hope can be sorted in the future.

Having usually played as Manchester United in the ML, it was a totally different experience. I was totally caught off guard with the league structure. I was 6th and expecting to close the gap over the next months but instead found myself in a home and away play off tournament to decide the league! Im looking forward to my first ever experience of the Copa Libertadores. Amazing fun!
Nice bro! What team did you choose? My team is Millonarios FC! :BSCARF:

Let me see. The rules for the Colombian league are: 4 Foreigners per team, and no more than 3 Foreigners per team on the pitch at the same time. :TU:
Master League is great fun when you play with realistic rules! Here's one more I add: I only sign players from the youth system which are the same nationality of the league. 🎏

I'm glad you liked the Colombian league structure, I think the playoff adds an extra dimension to the entire league. Would love to hear your continued experience, as well as your Libertadores groups. Have fun bro, and welcome to South American futbol! :D

Last edited:
Nice bro! What team did you choose? My team is Millonarios FC! :BSCARF:

Let me see. The rules for the Colombian league are: 4 Foreigners per team, and no more than 3 Foreigners per team on the pitch at the same time. :TU:
Master League is great fun when you play with realistic rules! Here's one more I add: I only sign players from the youth system which are the same nationality of the league. 🎏

I'm glad you liked the Colombian league structure, I think the playoff adds an extra dimension to the entire league. Would love to hear your continued expeience, as well as your Libertadores groups. Have fun bro, and welcome to South American futbol! :D
maybe we can have an excel file with the different countries and the different rules so that we will be able to keep track if we decide to do like a journeyman master league.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and also the PES. I have started my first ever master league and i would like to share mu updates with you. If there's another place where I should share this please tell me.

tO4WCrF.png

QUks8CU.png

tfOsQJJ.png

Hey guys!

Launched a new Master League series today with Hertha Berlin!

Legend | FUMA | 15 mins.

Using Virtua Red's patch as well as PogChampion's new ML mod.

Lovely videos, mate. I am through your first season. Great fun to watch.

Find it interesting that you don‘t seem to care much about team spirit. Is it overrated after all?

I was also wondering what advanced tactics you are using, as you always seem to have the first two options enabled?

Lovely videos, mate. I am through your first season. Great fun to watch.

Find it interesting that you don‘t seem to care much about team spirit. Is it overrated after all?

I was also wondering what advanced tactics you are using, as you always seem to have the first two options enabled?
Thanks man! Actually I do - tbh that's why Khedira was starting and was made captain. Thankfully Darida eventually got the correct team role as well so he can take over.

I don't think team spirit is overrated at all actually. I was so used to playing on legend on PS4 I actually found it on PC (with Holland's mod) much harder than I thought (the camera angle has been a bit tough for me too - but love how it looks) So I ignored it too much early - hence the results!

In season one I used Attacking Fullbacks and Gegenpress but I've changed it to be a bit more conservative. I think I'm using Centering Targets and Deep Defensive line in season 2.

Thanks for all the support man, glad you're enjoying the series!

That's a cool idea! Let me know if u need help!

not exactly the same as what we talked about earlier. but i am going to restart my ML based on this link.

a journeyman ML and going to use the challenges for the clubs I might take over.

Once challenges completed, will move onto another continent or see what offers I get.

Wow, some of these look really cool.. At quick glance, I like the transfer restrictions best, I also like some of the My Legend and team challenge ideas!! I can really tell a lot of thought and detail was put into this.

Wow, some of these look really cool.. At quick glance, I like the transfer restrictions best, I also like some of the My Legend and team challenge ideas!! I can really tell a lot of thought and detail was put into this.
I am planning on starting a new ML representing Marcelo Gallardo and taking over River Plate. also found tactics from FM 21 forums regarding his style of play and tactics he uses.

Will keep this thread updated.

Marcelo Gallardo! Perhaps the best and most successful South American manager in recent times.

Here's a list of his accomplishments.
2 Copa Libertadores: His most well known titles, being as it is the most prestigious cup in South America!
1 Copa Sudamericana: Equivalent to Europa League
3 Copa Argentina: Local Cup, similar to FA Cup.
2 Super Copa Argentina: Winner of Copa Argentina vs Winner of League Title.
3 Recopa Sudamericana: Winner of Libertadores vs Winner of Sudamericana.
1 Copa Suruga Bank: Winner of Sudamericana vs Winner of J1 League Cup.

12 total cups in total, making him the most succesful River Plate manager in history. An awesome Trophy case.
However, interestingly though, he has never won the Liga Argentina (Argentinean League)!

In my view, Gallardo plays a very aggressive style, playing a very direct style of football, using fullbacks a lot, and relying a lot on defensive intensity and very high pressure (to me his trademark). His players usually have very high stamina and he demands a lot from them, he has a wide rotation.

A legendary manager, with the interesting side note of not yet winning the local league, but winning everything else.

Hope this helps!

gallardo.jpg

Marcelo Gallardo! Perhaps the best and most successful South American manager in recent times.

Here's a list of his accomplishments.
2 Copa Libertadores: His most well known titles, being as it is the most prestigious cup in South America!
1 Copa Sudamericana: Equivalent to Europa League
3 Copa Argentina: Local Cup, similar to FA Cup.
2 Super Copa Argentina: Winner of Copa Argentina vs Winner of League Title.
3 Recopa Sudamericana: Winner of Libertadores vs Winner of Sudamericana.
1 Copa Suruga Bank: Winner of Sudamericana vs Winner of J1 League Cup.

12 total cups in total, making him the most succesful River Plate manager in history. An awesome Trophy case.
However, interestingly though, he has never won the Liga Argentina (Argentinean League)!

In my view, Gallardo plays a very aggressive style, playing a very direct style of football, using fullbacks a lot, and relying a lot on defensive intensity and very high pressure (to me his trademark). His players usually have very high stamina and he demands a lot from them, he has a wide rotation.

A legendary manager, with the interesting side note of not yet winning the local league, but winning everything else.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 106243
https://community.sigames.com/forum...nemulation-of-his-4-1-3-2-download-available/

someone tried to replicate his formation and tactics in FM 21. so that will be my goal.

based on the reddit file earlier, will be trying the following.

Your task is to revive this tradition by achieving the below goals:

1. Buy an U21 Argentinian right winger, who is to revive the spirit of Juan Carlos Muñoz.
2. Develop two Argentinian strikers from the youth facilities to take the mantle of the José Manuel Moreno - Angel Labruna partnership.
3. Develop an Argentinian attacking midfielder from the youth facilities as the heir of Adolfo Pedernera. For this role, we want a player of great mental attributes, passing and vision.
4. Develop and Argentinian left winger, who his to inherit the role of Felix Loustau.
5. Using this group of players, heirs to La Maquina, you must win more than 4 league titles, as well as 4 or more Copa Libertadores championships.

might aim for 1 league title and 1 Copa Libertadores championship. in 3 seasons to keep things fresh.

Update two of my first ever Master League with the Reds. I was wondering if there is something like a story topic / forum for master league. For Football Manager and FIFA there are a lot of people who are showing there career with website articles ect.

sgyJuKl.png

1cMFMjL.png

pxQuhEK.png

J4Scrjt.png

iFO0L4X.png

Back
Top Bottom