The Master League adventures thread

Thanks man! Actually I do - tbh that's why Khedira was starting and was made captain. Thankfully Darida eventually got the correct team role as well so he can take over.

I don't think team spirit is overrated at all actually. I was so used to playing on legend on PS4 I actually found it on PC (with Holland's mod) much harder than I thought (the camera angle has been a bit tough for me too - but love how it looks) So I ignored it too much early - hence the results!

In season one I used Attacking Fullbacks and Gegenpress but I've changed it to be a bit more conservative. I think I'm using Centering Targets and Deep Defensive line in season 2.

Thanks for all the support man, glad you're enjoying the series!
Thanks, man. I like your series because, unlike other PES-YTers, who tend to only show their successes and things that seemingly work flawlessly, you also show how you struggle and lose at times. That‘s much closer to my own ML experience.

I also chose Hertha for my ML campaign (albeit on SS). I live in Berlin yet I am not a fan, neither of Union. But Hertha is like a box of chocolates, anything from Euro League to relegation is possible and that‘s of course a great context to develop stories around.

Looking forward to watch season 2

Hi bros.. I'd like to start a brand new Master League with Pescara in Serie B. What are the rules in Serie B for maximum number of foreign/non Italian or non-EU players? Are there restrictions for maximum number of foreign players on the pitch as well?

I've mostly played ML with South American teams and I'm not too familiar with the rules in European leagues. If anyone can help me, specifically with Serie B rules, that would be cool. I want to keep transfers as realistic as possible! Thanks in advance. :BSCARF:

It’s another action packed day in the transfer window which sees new players joining the team while Brighton travel to Luton and try to stay top of the table. Lots of cut scenes in this one and plenty of terrible voice acting! Hope it gives you a chuckle...

It’s another action packed day in the transfer window which sees new players joining the team while Brighton travel to Luton and try to stay top of the table. Lots of cut scenes in this one and plenty of terrible voice acting! Hope it gives you a chuckle...

Great stuff mate, refreshing take on the usual. take it you're playing on console, as you don't use any mods or such?
Quick Q: How are you recording your voice alongside real time footage? PS5 Controller Mic or other?

Season 3 has started with intent, our new signing MBappé up top, flanked by Son, Depay, and Insigne, I’m hoping our goal scoring prowess proves to be our deadly weapon, and helps us through tough matches where we may concede.

So far so good, as shown below, MBappé’s goal scoring record so far is 13 goals in 19 games, with Insigne also clocking in with 10 goals, and Son scoring regularly too.

mbappe-goals.png

One downside to having the worlds best CF in your squad, is that in every single match the CPU uses the ‘Tight Marking’ tactic on him, meaning he’s always pounced on by 2 defenders at least as soon as the ball goes anywhere near him, makes it very difficult to dribble or use Kylian’s biggest asset, pace, so most of his goals have been give and go’s around the last defender, on the occasion the opponents do give him some space, he is deadly at weaving and jinking and using powerful bursts to get in behind defences.

Those goals have kept us firmly in the title chase, with us, Arsenal, and Liverpool all chasing leaders Chelsea, Man City, Champions for the last 2 seasons have fallen behind and lie in 5th place.

league-table-1.png

Our UCL campaign is also going well, having progressed through our group as winners, with qualification guaranteed with one game left to play, we await our opponents in the KO stage, and look to avenge last years exit at the hands of Juventus.
Reaching Champions League latter stages and challenging for domestic titles is key to keeping, and attracting players like MBappé and Insigne.

ucl-group.png

I’d like to get 5 seasons in on this ‘exploratory’ ML campaign, and with the pace you can get through seasons on PES, it should be quite easy to get at least 5 in, before taking a footy gaming break before the expected release of new games later in the year.

Great stuff mate, refreshing take on the usual. take it you're playing on console, as you don't use any mods or such?
Quick Q: How are you recording your voice alongside real time footage? PS5 Controller Mic or other?
Cheers. Used to play PES2020 on Xbox but switched to PC for PES2021 so I could use mods. Currently using Ruitrand complete mod so it has all the kits etc. I use a Marantz USB mic and record it with the gameplay via OBS.

Cheers. Used to play PES2020 on Xbox but switched to PC for PES2021 so I could use mods. Currently using Ruitrand complete mod so it has all the kits etc. I use a Marantz USB mic and record it with the gameplay via OBS.

Ah cool, I play on PC too and use the GeForce Shadow capture to record footage, so just wondered the best way to capture good quality audio from a mic alongside.
I will look into OBS. 👍

I've been trying like crazy to start a Master League with Millonarios (Colombian league) or Sporting Cristal (Peruvian league) but with the right manager face (Alberto Gamero or Roberto Mosquera). As soon as I figure out how to apply these manager faces, I will be posting updates in this thread for sure. :TU:

Here is the thread in case any of you guys can help me out with this. Thanks!

https://evoweb.uk/threads/is-there-any-way-to-create-ml-manager-from-scratch.87419/#post-3724287

2 questions for all Master League fanatics :TU:

1. Have you guys ever tried to play two ML's at once? Do you feel it detracts from the immersion or increases it? I am thinking of playing two simultaneous Master Leagues, one in South America with one of the teams I mentioned above, and another one with Mourinho's current Roma, using Mou's tactics and.. with an extra added signing of a 27 year old version of Mesut Ozil. I've never tried two ML's at once, what do you guys think of this experience??

2. The second question is much simpler. How long do you like your ML matches to be? I like mine at 14 minutes..

Last edited:

1. Have you guys ever tried to play two ML's at once? Do you feel it detracts from the immersion or increases it? I am thinking of playing two simultaneous Master Leagues, one in South America with one of the teams I mentioned above, and another one with Mourinho's current Roma, using Mou's tactics and.. with an extra added signing of a 28 year old version of Mesut Ozil. I've never tried two ML's at once, what do you guys think of this experience??

2. The second question is much simpler. How long do you like your ML matches to be? I like mine at 14 minutes..
Depends on which game maybe?
I always play 20 min ,the only ML I play nowadays is in 17 ,and it gets good stats.
Regardless of which game , South American ML is great fun

Well, so I've finally decided to play two Master Leagues at once.. I'll mention just the titles for now.

1. "Millonarios FC: A Blue sleeping giant awakes to Brazilian and Argentinian Libertadores dominance.."
2. "Can Roma join the Big Dance? The Special One invites you to a Mesut Özil Time Machine.."

:TU: :BSCARF: :RSCARF: details and screenshots to follow..

1. Have you guys ever tried to play two ML's at once? Do you feel it detracts from the immersion or increases it? I am thinking of playing two simultaneous Master Leagues, one in South America with one of the teams I mentioned above, and another one with Mourinho's current Roma, using Mou's tactics and.. with an extra added signing of a 27 year old version of Mesut Ozil. I've never tried two ML's at once, what do you guys think of this experience??

I play 5 minutes, because it's better to make videos and I can play more matches in less time

I'm re-writing history of football using ML of PES6 The Original Season Patch.
I'm using Real Madrid.

Season 06-07
Winter Transfers, I tried to buy most of the players that were bought in real life at that era, but I could only get Pepe; who IRL came 6 months later. Xabi Alonso and Robben kept refusing to come, so instead I opted for Jefferson Farfan and I kept using Ruben De La Red in the midfield, after all he's the product of the academy, and in real life he retired in 2008 due to heart illness. I sold some players, mostly other Castilla players.
I won the double, in real life Madrid only won La Liga that year.

Season 07-08
Summer Transfers, I opted to not pursue the players who refuse, so, only Kaka accepted to join Madrid, 2 years earlier than real life, I also bought Mario Gomez from Stuttgart, and sold both Raul and Beckham to Arsenal. Also, Alvaro Mejia and Raul Bravo to some La Liga teams.

Kaka scored in all his first 5 games, and he kept shining and he's now the CL top goal scorer. So far his best performance in all his career.
I was alternating between Van Nistelrooy (who scored 31 goals in his first season, compared to 25 in real life) and Gomez, and both are beasts, some hattricks here and there, plus, RvN scored two super-hattricks while Gomez just one.

Winter Transfers, the team is already smashing but I wanted more, so I bought David Villa as my new number 7, Rio Ferdinand, a young Joao Moutinho, and Patrick Ochs.
I sold Salgado, Higuain who wasn't developing as expected, and Cassano as part of the Villa deal with Valencia.

I have a deadly attack now : RvN, David Villa, Mario Gomez, Farfan, Robinho, Reyes and Kaka. I use 4 of them in the starting 11, 3 strikers and one AMF on the flanks, mostly Reyes. Kaka is a SS, he's stunning there. Robinho or Farfan are killing it on the left wing, a true nightmare for every opponent.

My aim is to win those CLs earlier in time, I'll try to win that triplete. No need for CR7, Benzema, Bale and the others, maybe I'll try to have Modric, Ozil, ...

I'm using Real Madrid.

Season 06-07
Winter Transfers, I tried to buy most of the players that were bought in real life at that era, but I could only get Pepe; who IRL came 6 months later. Xabi Alonso and Robben kept refusing to come, so instead I opted for Jefferson Farfan and I kept using Ruben De La Red in the midfield, after all he's the product of the academy, and in real life he retired in 2008 due to heart illness. I sold some players, mostly other Castilla players.

Season 07-08
Summer Transfers, I opted to not pursue the players who refuse, so, only Kaka accepted to join Madrid, 2 years earlier than real life, I also bought Mario Gomez from Stuttgart, and sold both Raul and Beckham to Arsenal. Also, Alvaro Mejia and Raul Bravo to some La Liga teams.

Kaka scored in all his first 5 games, and he kept shining and he's now the CL top goal scorer. So far his best performance in all his career.
I was alternating between Van Nistelrooy (who scored 31 goals in his first season, compared to 25 in real life) and Gomez, and both are beasts, some hattricks here and there, plus, RvN scored two super-hattricks while Gomez just one.

Winter Transfers, the team is already smashing but I wanted more, so I bought David Villa as my new number 7, Rio Ferdinand, a young Joao Moutinho, and Patrick Ochs.
I sold Salgado, Higuain who wasn't developing as expected, and Cassano as part of the Villa deal with Valencia.

I have a deadly attack now : RvN, David Villa, Mario Gomez, Farfan, Robinho, Reyes and Kaka. I use 4 of them in the starting 11, 3 strikers and one AMF on the flanks, mostly Reyes. Kaka is a SS, he's stunning there. Robinho or Farfan are killing it on the left wing, a true nightmare for every opponent.

My aim is to win those CLs earlier in time, I'll try to win that triplete. No need for CR7, Benzema, Bale and the others, maybe I'll try to have Modric, Ozil, ...
Jefferson Farfán is one of my favorite players! Nice to hear "La Foquita" is doing well in your alternate universe Madrid! And right in his prime too. :TU:

I also really like Modric and Özil. I don't remember them sharing much time when they played together, it would be awesome to see such two magicians on the pitch at the same time!

I'm using Real Madrid.

Season 06-07

Season 07-08

Love seeing stories like this. I am so indecisive with master league. I am playing the pes 5 original season patch. And it's great. Just got promoted with Ajax joint top and won the cup. Managed to get a few decent transfers too. Somehow managed to get can Persie for the first time in any master league. Got a very young team though. Pique starting next to hetinga , Babel is starting upfront and joao Moutinho us playing next to Sneijder in midfield. Honestly I want wingers to play a 442 but haven't been able to get any wingers in the transfer window. I hope to get Valencia, Nani and wilhelmson ( seriously under rated) in the mid season window. I love this mode and this patch particular. Can't wait to get a bit better so I start playing better football. Now I'm just trying to survive and scrap by

I'm using Real Madrid.

Season 06-07

Season 07-08

Sounds like a pretty good team man. I started pes 5 original season patch with Ajax. Managed to get promoted and get a few good players ( van Persie is the highlight). Just need a bit more quality before I can play my preferred style.
I am trying to only focus on youth and under 21 players for the most part. I signed Giuseppe Rossi and pique from United. Kaebi who is actually a crazy good right back and joao Moutinho to play with Sneijder. I desperately wanted wingers. But Valencia, Nani and wilhelmson all rejected me on multiple occasions. So I'm playing a diamond in midfield, hopefully in the next window I can get those players and I can play a 4-4-2. I feels thats probably the strongest formation in the game for me. But honestly it's the constant planning and looking for talen that makes master league great. And also the fact that a bad signing of even a great player can stuff up the balance. This happened to me too many times sadly. This makes master league great

Sounds like a pretty good team man. I started pes 5 original season patch with Ajax. Managed to get promoted and get a few good players ( van Persie is the highlight). Just need a bit more quality before I can play my preferred style.
I am trying to only focus on youth and under 21 players for the most part. I signed Giuseppe Rossi and pique from United. Kaebi who is actually a crazy good right back and joao Moutinho to play with Sneijder. I desperately wanted wingers. But Valencia, Nani and wilhelmson all rejected me on multiple occasions. So I'm playing a diamond in midfield, hopefully in the next window I can get those players and I can play a 4-4-2. I feels thats probably the strongest formation in the game for me. But honestly it's the constant planning and looking for talen that makes master league great. And also the fact that a bad signing of even a great player can stuff up the balance. This happened to me too many times sadly. This makes master league great
In the last transfer window I saw Kaebi as a free agent and he has crazy stats and still evolving, but I already just bought Ochs and I have Cicinho who's doing great, so I decided not to buy it. I think I might change my mind later.

Bros I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here it goes: How do you like to rotate your squads during ML in busy spots with many fixtures? Do you guys have two teams (starter 11 and bench 11) and rotate them in order to rest them or are you more individually selective in your rotations? Would love to hear you guys' rotation strategies!

Oh and my ML campaigns are underway. Give me a few weeks and I will definitely be updating you guys on my Millonarios and Roma campaigns! :TU:

Bros I don't know if this is the right place to post this but here it goes: How do you like to rotate your squads during ML in busy spots with many fixtures? Do you guys have two teams (starter 11 and bench 11) and rotate them in order to rest them or are you more individually selective in your rotations? Would love to hear you guys' rotation strategies!

Oh and my ML campaigns are underway. Give me a few weeks and I will definitely be updating you guys on my Millonarios and Roma campaigns! :TU:
I personally have starter 11 and bench 11 with some changes here and there, and it gets better when starters and bench players have very close levels.

So, continuing my ML campain with Real Madrid.

I finished the 07-08 season, I won the treble.
Copa del Rey final was against Barcelona.
UCL final was against Man Utd, who reached the final like in real life.
They scored an early goal by Evra. But guess what, a sensational scenario happened, Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored 5 goals alone, in the first half.
2nd half was goalless, so final result was 5-1.

Summer Transfers:

I bought Kaebi as Ochs wasn't that effective and I decided to change his position to DM because I sold Gago and Diarra.
I sold Roberto Carlos and bought Gael Clichy.
I bought Nigel Reo-Cooker from West Ham.
Liverpool offered me Kuyt for Guti, I accepted as Guti was nearing his end of career already and Kuyt has great stats and he's a versatile player.
I bought Horelio Gomez as a GK and sold Diego Lopez.
I also bought Ozil, crazy stats.

Now Marcelo developed so much that he's my starter LB.

Attack-wise I have 3 Top Class CFs : RvN, Villa & Mario Gomez, 3 deadly wingers : Robinho, Reyes & Farfan, one versatile SS/Winger : Kuyt, 2 amazing playmakers who have stunning scoring abilities : Kaka & Ozil.

My Midfield has now : Emerson (who's now in decline and lost his place and I'm putting him on the transfer list), De La Red, Joao Moutinho, Reo-Cooker & Ochs.

My wing backs are Cicinho & Kaebi on the right, Marcelo & Clichy on the left.
My CBs are, Rio Ferdinand, Sergio Ramos, Pepe & Cannavaro.

My GKs are Gomez (my new 1st choice) & Casillas.

I followed the real life system used by Madrid for the captains, the oldest in the 1st team.

Casillas
Robinho
Ramos
Cannavaro
Emerson
RvN
Reyes

I was wondering if there is something like a story topic / forum for master league.
I think this is the place to post ML stories, I don't know if there are other threads destined for this.. As far as I know this is the only ML thread. :TU:

I finished the 07-08 season, I won the treble.
Casillas, Van Nistelrooy, Özil, Ferdinand, Ramos, Farfán, very nice mix of players! Not quite galácticos which is nice, more like a realistic mix, would love to hear how it continues.. RVN 5 goals in one half insane. Good job bro! :D

Last edited:
Back at it again in PES5, with the wonderful Fabri55's Original Season Pack. The challlenge is to play while buying and selling random players. So, each mid-season break I get to buy a random player, selected using random.org (show all players - > random page no. + random position on the page no.) and sell one of my own (numbers from 1-23, whichever is selected must be sold). At the end of the season I must buy two new players and sell two old ones. However, for the first season, I could not sell Ximelez (the randomly selected player), for a lack of offers (and I forgot about autosaves...), so the starting rooster made it to the end of the season untouched. And the team is Benfica just because it's my club. Difficulty is SS.

Recording videos of goals would be neat, but I couldn't get the XBox Game Bar to work whithout slowing down the game. Instead, here is a detailed table with stats about every player and informations about the games, because I decided to nerd it out, I guess. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, third place with 23 points and seven wins is the best first season I've had with the default team and in another season it could've maybe been enough to get the promotion. The first matches were rough, but then I got the hang of it, it seems, hadn't played in months and felt rusty. In the D2Cup things didn't go so well, mostly because the first round against OM came up when I was still getting used to the game and the squad, I believe, given the strong finish to the season.

Ordaz was the player of the season, his eight (8) goals were the decisive factor between a decent classification and a mediocre one. His goalscoring prowess was rewarded with the trophy of Top Scorer in Div2. Ordaz was one of only three players to score in a total of sixteen matches, Minanda (2) and Burchet (1) being the others. The team setup was, apart from the two first games, a 4-4-2 with focus on side attacks. Apart from Ordaz, Dodo was the most influential player, playing the role of an extremely effective anchor-man that continuosly stifled the opposition's attempts to organize their attacks with decisive blocks, tackles and interceptions. Besides him Minanda was the more creative player, a role which Macco also played occasionally.

Huylens was the biggest disappointment, he had always been the most prolific of the originals in other runs, yet, he ends the season with a total of zero goals, despite two assists. Castolo was given plenty of game time and was completely unconsequential, finishing the season with 11(1) appearances whithout any goals or assists. Ruskin in the left wing also did not get any assists or goals but was much more dangerous with his runs down the flank. Hamsun didn't play as many games, but whenever he did, he failed to even create danger. His slow style of play did not seem to fit with the team, which often is the case when I'm playing with this guy.

Attachments

• 05-06tables.png
    05-06tables.png
    263 KB · Views: 42
  • 2005-2006.png
    2005-2006.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom