The Master League adventures thread

Hi guys!

As everyone here is a PES Master League fan, I'm starting up a competition, which you can be interested in taking part in. This is supposed to be an online version of Master League, with all games simulated by the CPU - something very similar took place on this forum with a Youth World Cup.
It's gonna be a tournament, where you set up the tactics and all games are simulated live. Just like a usual Master League, it's planned to last multiple seasons, with transfers, UEFA competitions and player development involved. If you want to take part and find out more, check this thread!
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-6-manager-choose-a-league.85792/

Having many troubles and headaches on how to build my OF in PES2021, so for now I picked something to test things in ML.
I went for something fresh, full licensed and familiar. So I manage Samupt Prakan City FC, in the Thai League.

Superstar, 15 minutes, PA1/basic. Our main target is to join the AFC CL and FIFA club world cup.

Transfers in were tough, as players with teamroles were difficult to come, even on loan. We signed, Tevez, Scocco, Cerci, Koyalipou. And two semifake guys from GREMIO.

After our latest match we are 1st in the Thai League.

First semester passed. We are in August of 2020. Being 2nd in tie with 1st team in the Thai League, and promoted to Cup final.
The sad news is the leading team looses points very rare and that only two teams from Thailand qualify for the AFC Champions League. League winner and cup winner. It is a lot do or die..In the wicked project #make_Samut_Prakan_great_again! lol :D

ML with Roma, Top Player, bought Ribéry and Filipe Luís to help develop the younger players and whatnot. In the first leg of this Coppa Italia match, I decided to put only youth prospects. I expected a draw, maybe a thin loss, but my team ended up swallowing 4 goals.
In the 2nd leg, I wanted to attempt a comeback so I put the first team, in a fully-offensive 3-4-3. Went to half-time with only 1-0, then scored 2-0 in the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and decided to go full berserk: Borja Mayoral in the place of one of the center backs, so I would play basically on a 2-4-4. Unfortunately, this exposed my defense too much and Lecce scored. I was devastated and only managed to score one more goal in the extra time.

OhIH9LT.png

Our main season objective accomplished. Earn a AFC CL bearth via win the LEague and/or Cup. We won the Thai Cup. In the Thai Lague table, we are 1st, +9 points difference from the 2nd team and with 3 matchdays remaining. We need only 1 point in the remaining 3 matches, in order to secure the League win.

Summurizing things. End of season 2020 , here is the League winning match

Then , going on season 2021, this is the Thai Super Cup match VS Trat.

And the preseason ICC tournament, group against : Flamengo-Universidad Catolica-Bejing Guoan. We finished second, behind Flamengo.
Record: 2W-0D-1L. All matches inside spoiler!

I've started a new ML with Leeds recently. I got an offer for Rodrigo (a very good 29 year old center forward), he was the best player in my team, but as you can see in the picture, they offered €35k, which in my mind was insane for a 29 year old player. I thought that with the same money I could buy another center forward just as good but way younger and with an insane potential, so I did: Fábio Silva from Wolverhampton for €31k, €4k less than Rodrigo, again: crazy, in my opinion.

And I already think the deal was great because Fabio scored in his first match, and his goal was decisive because it was the equalizer and eventually I scored another goal and won the match.

mVjC2qj.png

U64gp90.png

Season 2, 2021 in the AFC calendar. Signed some free agent. The biggest stars like Diego Costa, Guendouzi, Lavezzi have not settled yet in the team playstyle. The dirty work is getting done by value-for-money workhorses like Koyalipou, Lihadji, Bakkali, Berrio, at the moment.

1st AFC CL match.
2nd AFC CL match

Hello guys. I havea one question. Do I have a way to skip few games in a month ? For example, I have a December on calendar and I want to skip games until the end of January?

Hello guys. I havea one question. Do I have a way to skip few games in a month ? For example, I have a December on calendar and I want to skip games until the end of January?
There can't be too many games in a month, you can just skip one by one. Don't know any other way. =/

AFC CL of second season, 2021. ACL 3rd and 4th matches against Benjing Guoan. We won in first game with comeback, we lost the second with comeback. If thinks keep going good, we will finish in the ACL group, behing the chinese club. In Thai League we are 1st, with some ups and downs.

End of the season, I'll be the first person to admit that it was an underwhelming one, albeit with many, MANY pleasant surprises.
After a disastrous start, we grew a lot better near the end of the season and had a few winning streaks, but it was only enough to get us out of relegation, which is already fine to me because that means that we can keep our heads up and concentrate on doing a much better EPL next time. I'll try to keep my philosophy of signing young players and building up their confidence, it worked perfectly with many of my players, especially Fábio Silva, who ended up being Top 5 Goalscorers and also was selected for the Team of The Season.

HYalWrg.png

2lrLnrC.png

OK, time for a budget Settings break down. I will post an old video of mine, I created it for someone specific, that's why it doesn't have explanation.

My current set up is like the video, everything paid from transfer budget, and every income go to wage budget.

What you only cannot change or edit is, money from transfers go/paid to Transfer budget, salaries are paid from wage budget.

So, my set up is based on the fact that, I always sell players each transfer window, so the transfer budget is increasing constantly.

If you don't follow the Porto/Lyon model, you don't sell players, neither promote overpriced regens from youth academy in order to sell them, and do only roster management, then you can change some values, in order to have some Transfer Income and boost your transfer budget.

Most preferred option is change the Competition prize bonuses, in order to be added in Transfer Budget.

Other option, the "time bomb trick" as I like to say, is change the option to receive the bonus from next sale %, "Contract Options Income" from players that you sell. Unfortunately this is something you depend on AI teams, but this and prize bonus are the biggest possible amount of money you can receive at once.

Advancing in the second with Samut Prakat. In TOYOTA Thai League we are chasing the 1st position for another season. In AFC CL which is our main season objective, we promoted to the knockout stage as 2nd, behind Beijin Guoan.

In the round of 16 we achieved a difficult quialification to the quarter-finals, facing home and away TOKYO FC.

Last 2 matches in group stage

Knock out stage - round of 16 - 1st leg
[This third new kit, is created by me!]

Knock out stage - round of 16 - 2nd leg

Two great highlights from my current season with Leeds.
PES2021_2021-03-17_02-20-52.png

We always struggle when we try to play the possession game, but whenever the other team dictates the game and we play on the counter, we're just deadly.

Since I changed a lot of things on my PES - I switched from SmokePatch to the EvoWeb patch, for example, and I'm also using Holland's GP now - I thought I'd start a new Master League.

But I need you guys' help, I think it's very clear from my posts here that I like signing players under 23 and develop them, and I'd like to know which team(s) would fit my philosophy best, I know PES doesn't care much about football philosophies and etc, but it would still feel weird to me to do what I do in a team that prefers older players.

I think B. Dortmund would fit me nicely but I've had so many careers and MLs with Dortmund that at this point I need something fresher.

Ajax maybe? But from what I've gathered Ajax is mostly players from their own youth team, and since PES doesn't have a good youth team system, that would not be very viable. Not to mention that I like the idea of signing players from multiple nationalities,

Second season coming to final turn. Summer of 2021 was very strong, transfer wise. Due to many free agents we signed and sold out, we gathered a lot money and formed a 4-star team, being now not only the strongest team in Thailand, but also the strongest team in all Asia.

So our main goal for now is to win the current AFC CL and join the FIFA club world cup, on coming December 2021.

In Thai League we are in 1st position and +6 from second team.

A league summer recap:

And the hot topic, AFC CL quarter-final VS Vissel Kobe. We achieved the qualification to semi final. First leg game was tough, 2nd game, after we finalized a lot good transfers, was tough but easier.

1st game we draw 2-2 away.

2nd game we won 3-1 home.
Promoted with total score 5-3!

In the semifinal we will face Guangzhou Evergrande from China.

Since I changed a lot of things on my PES - I switched from SmokePatch to the EvoWeb patch, for example, and I'm also using Holland's GP now - I thought I'd start a new Master League.

But I need you guys' help, I think it's very clear from my posts here that I like signing players under 23 and develop them, and I'd like to know which team(s) would fit my philosophy best, I know PES doesn't care much about football philosophies and etc, but it would still feel weird to me to do what I do in a team that prefers older players.

I think B. Dortmund would fit me nicely but I've had so many careers and MLs with Dortmund that at this point I need something fresher.

Ajax maybe? But from what I've gathered Ajax is mostly players from their own youth team, and since PES doesn't have a good youth team system, that would not be very viable. Not to mention that I like the idea of signing players from multiple nationalities,
I am in the same dead end like you this year. My usually teams in the past were:

Leeds United - Not anymore in EFL, now in EPL.
Paris FC - Been there done that, promoting them in Ligue 1 since PES2018.
Extremadura- Spanish Segunda, no more in 2nd division
Pisa FC - Have promoted them once in Serie A in PES 2020, but i can'f settle well in Italian leagues, due to a lot subs, 23 men rosters (starting 11 + 12 subs), in contrast with other leagues that have 18 men rosters (starting 11 + 07subs)
Fortuna Sittard- Have dominated Eredivisie in 2020.

I am searching for something interesting and fresh, maybe a Brasileirao serie B, or a LIGA NOS run with Santa Clara. Or a play to a totally undiscovered league (for me), like Russian, Danish, Colombian, Argentina, Chile, etc..

Also, failed concepts/projects i have in my CV:

#Make_Arsenal_great_again (failled hardly two times)

#Make_Ajax_great_again (failed due to Eredivise being not so competitive League)

#make_HSV_great_again (started an experimental save in PES2020, in order to re-do it in 2021, but the lack of additional leagues in PES, PEU is already occupied as a EURO League project in my Option file, makes it less immersive).

Last edited:
I am in the same dead end like you this year. My usually teams in the past were:

Pisa FC - Have promoted them once in Serie A in PES 2020, but i can'f settle well in Italian leagues, due to a lot subs, 23 men rosters (starting 11 + 12 subs), in contrast with other leagues that have 18 men rosters (starting 11 + 07subs)

I am searching for something interesting and fresh, maybe a Brasileirao serie B, or a LIGA NOS run with Santa Clara. Or a play to a totally undiscovered league (for me), like Russian, Danish, Colombian, Argentina, Chile, etc..

#Make_Ajax_great_again (failed due to Eredivise being not so competitive League)

#make_HSV_great_again (started an experimental save in PES2020, in order to re-do it in 2021, but the lack of additional leagues in PES, PEU is already occupied as a EURO League project in my Option file, makes it less immersive).

Hello. I hope you decide to try it in Russia.:APPLAUD:

Thanks! My usual teams are B. Dortmund and AS Roma.

I thought of checking the FM2021 database and picking one of the teams that have the best-rated youth systems because that's pretty much the kind of ML I always do.

I find that the most tempting MLs to do for me are usually the ones to recover teams on a domestic level.

On the other hand, make PSG, Man City, or Tottenham win the UCL could be interesting, but at the same time they're really huge and the first two teams have insane amounts of money at their disposal, and that's not how I roll, I don't like having much money. xD

I thought of checking the FM2021 database and picking one of the teams that have the best-rated youth systems because that's pretty much the kind of ML I always do.

I find that the most tempting MLs to do for me are usually the ones to recover teams on a domestic level.

On the other hand, make PSG, Man City, or Tottenham win the UCL could be interesting, but at the same time they're really huge and the first two teams have insane amounts of money at their disposal, and that's not how I roll, I don't like having much money. xD
By my little ML-scouting experience, the best potential players are landed in Portuguese liga, Brasileirao serie A and some serie B teams , and in Liga Argentina. For example, Velez Sarsfield has some of the best youngsters in South America.
Hello. I hope you decide to try it in Russia.:APPLAUD:
I hope mate, sometime in the future i will do for sure, as i have a deep love for Akinfeev, Dzajoev, Glushakov and of course the legendary Arsavin, but also other decent Russian players. I just need the right timing! :)
As an Arsenal fan, i love Arsenal Tula :) , although i have zero other clue about the teams, except for the most known ones, like Zenit, CSKA, Dynamo, Lokomotiv, etc..

By my little ML-scouting experience, the best potential players are landed in Portuguese liga, Brasileirao serie A and some serie B teams , and in Liga Argentina. For example, Velez Sarsfield has some of the best youngsters in South America.

I hope mate, sometime in the future i will do for sure, as i have a deep love for Akinfeev, Dzajoev, Glushakov and of course the legendary Arsavin, but also other decent Russian players. I just need the right timing! :)
As an Arsenal fan, i love Arsenal Tula :) , although i have zero other clue about the teams, except for the most known ones, like Zenit, CSKA, Dynamo, Lokomotiv, etc..

I hope you find the right time and I will be happy to look at your reports:COOL:. I will only say that in real life in my league, most teams play defense and this is also implemented in PES.:D

maybe you can do like what i am doing.

i took the african coach and pretended he is micheal essien. then started off in thailand league. main objective is to win the league before going off the another continent. but google for the league rules and adhere to it.

won the league in 1 season. went to j league after that. won the league there as well in 1 season. then went to belgium.

won the league in 2 seasons. went to celtic. won the league there in 1 season. then had an offer from man utd. so went there. now in my 5th season.

Back
Top Bottom