The Master League adventures thread

1694746012424.png1694746045465.png

All ready to start my SC Beira-Mar career! My invented manager, Gaspar Barbosa, just brought in by Millossobek's Football Enterprises, is a 42 year old Portuguese ex-midifielder who played in the second divisions of Portugal (and a few years in France) in the 90's and early 2000's! Gaspar is starting his head managerial career after years of being an assistant in different teams! Unfortunately, he had to cut his career short due to injuries, but the ex-Center Midfielder (he was a creative and deep-lying midfielder) was an intelligent player who had a great football brain!

Superstar, 15 minutes, 1-Bar Pass, Transfer Frequency Normal.

In my preseason game, I played against Panathinaikos, and given that I was facing a much stronger team, I think that losing 3-2 wasn't a bad result overall. I scored this goal which I really liked, with my backup striker Dudu!

I've signed a few players and let some go, trying to bolster my squad a bit before the season starts, and starting the season, here are my five highest rated players , my overall squad, and a quick look at my finances!

1694747082263.png1694747063534.png1694747005291.png1694747028398.png1694747044178.png
1694747211553.png1694747301514.png

Looking forward to Portuguese 2nd Division! I am not one of the strongest teams, but also not one of the weakest, I believe I am starting perhaps in the middle of the pack. My rivals are: Santa Clara, Lexoes, CD Aves, Moreirense, Portmonense, Feirense, Boavista, Chaves, Oliveirense, Académico Viseu, Penafiel, Tondela, Trofense, Covilha, Atlético CP, Uniao and Farense!!

1694747806415.png

Go Sport Clube Beira-Mar!!!!! (featuring my version of Estadio Mário Duarte)! Time to start my PES 2013 Adventure. :)

Last edited:
Smashing season brother, so cool that youve made it out in to Europe.
Love the wheeling and dealing of the transfer market, finding some gems, might not have the highest OVR but having a "Destroyer" badge making a player the perfect fit
Good luck.

Cheers mate - Definitely, the transfers and squad building is the most satisfying part for me. Especially when you start off with a really poor squad.

I agree on the OVR too, there’s something about PES which draws you in to traits and player personalities. Some of my favourite ML players over the years have had pretty average OVR but they have just clicked with how I play the game.

Got the first half of the season done, im pretty pleased tbh.
Got knocked out of Copa Del Rey in the second round by Las Palmas on a away goal, not the best result at home, but its ok, i had 3 games in a 8 day period.

View attachment 235246
On to my Champions League adventure, got a third place in the group meaning im in the last 32 round of the Europa League after new year, which is what i pretty much aimed for.
View attachment 235248

Played the first half of the leauge, and its been an decent run so far, might to a better job second half with less cup games coming up.
weve been pretty strong at home, think we have one loss so far.
Notable wins so far havee been Athletic Club and Athletico Madrid
View attachment 235249

Looks like Real Madrid and Barcelona are pulling away for a title race and Valencia/Athletico are fighting for 3rd place and 4 other teams (us included) are fighting for Euro spots

Great update buddy, looks like the battle for Europe could be quite intense. Perhaps a little run in the Europa League now too?

Ok, let me see if I can organize our current ML stories in this post, since they are a bit scattered, just to know where we are currently! :TU:

@rockstrongo (PES 2013) is simulating his 1st season with Real Sociedad ATM, got the 1st half of the season done, will qualify for Europa League next season, which he will play with the PTE Patch.
@Kopite1990 (PES 2021) just finished season 2 with PES United, has released/sold several original ML players, revamped his squad and finished third (EL qualification) I'd love to see your starting lineup!
@abcdefg1 (PES 2018) has started his Argentinean save with Racing, under his invented manager, the intellectual Javi Franco.
@slamsoze's Extremadura (PES 2021) are playing their historical first Champions League, against Benfica, Liverpool, and Celtic. (What a group!)
@Madmac79's Spezia (PES 2021) is trying to recover from triple heartbreak in Serie A, CL, and Coppa Italia, and is waiting to manage Japan in the Asian Cup and World Cup.
@Flipper the Priest (PES/CM Crossover) is playing his Championship Manager 01/02 Legends Master League, with Vieri on a great run of form and a new GK.
@kibaxx7 (PES 2013) has started his own Independiente thread here and is playing Copa Argentina/trying to get back to First Division.
@millossobek (PES 2013) I've introduced SC Beira-Mar under Gaspar Barbosa in the Portuguese Second Division (update coming soon), and I'm also playing the 3-Stars Cup.

I think that's right, feel free to add any corrections! Also, hope I'm not missing anyone! :)

Last edited:
Cheers mate - Definitely, the transfers and squad building is the most satisfying part for me. Especially when you start off with a really poor squad.

I agree on the OVR too, there’s something about PES which draws you in to traits and player personalities. Some of my favourite ML players over the years have had pretty average OVR but they have just clicked with how I play the game.
True, never got that affection when doing the same on fifa

View attachment 235282View attachment 235283

All ready to start my SC Beira-Mar career! My invented manager, Gaspar Barbosa, just brought in by Millossobek's Football Enterprises, is a 42 year old Portuguese ex-midifielder who played in the second divisions of Portugal (and a few years in France) in the 90's and early 2000's! Gaspar is starting his head managerial career after years of being an assistant in different teams! Unfortunately, he had to cut his career short due to injuries, but the ex-Center Midfielder (he was a creative and deep-lying midfielder) was an intelligent player who had a great football brain!

Superstar, 15 minutes, 1-Bar Pass, Transfer Frequency Normal.

In my preseason game, I played against Panathinaikos, and given that I was facing a much stronger team, I think that losing 3-2 wasn't a bad result overall. I scored this goal which I really liked, with my backup striker Dudu!

I've signed a few players and let some go, trying to bolster my squad a bit before the season starts, and starting the season, here are my five highest rated players , my overall squad, and a quick look at my finances!

View attachment 235294View attachment 235293View attachment 235290View attachment 235291View attachment 235292
View attachment 235295View attachment 235298

Looking forward to Portuguese 2nd Division! I am not one of the strongest teams, but also not one of the weakest, I believe I am starting perhaps in the middle of the pack. My rivals are: Santa Clara, Lexoes, CD Aves, Moreirense, Portmonense, Feirense, Boavista, Chaves, Oliveirense, Académico Viseu, Penafiel, Tondela, Trofense, Covilha, Atlético CP, Uniao and Farense!!

View attachment 235300

Go Sport Clube Beira-Mar!!!!! (featuring my version of Estadio Mário Duarte)! Time to start my PES 2013 Adventure. :)
Some strike there!
Looks like a tough division to get out from
Good luck

Ok, let me see if I can organize our current ML stories in this post, since they are a bit scattered, just to know where we are currently! :TU:

@rockstrongo (PES 2013) is simulating his 1st season with Real Sociedad ATM, got the 1st half of the season done, will qualify for Europa League next season, which he will play with the PTE Patch.
@Kopite1990 (PES 2021) just finished season 2 with PES United, has released/sold several original ML players, revamped his squad and finished third (EL qualification) I'd love to see your starting lineup!
@abcdefg1 (PES 2018) has started his Argentinean save with Racing, under his invented manager, the intellectual Javi Franco.
@slamsoze's Extremadura (PES 2021) are playing their historical first Champions League, against Benfica, Liverpool, and Celtic. (What a group!)
@Madmac79's Spezia (PES 2021) is trying to recover from triple heartbreak in Serie A, CL, and Coppa Italia, and is waiting to manage Japan in the Asian Cup and World Cup.
@Flipper the Priest (PES/CM Crossover) is playing his Championship Manager 01/02 Legends Master League, with Vieri on a great run of form and a new GK.
@kibaxx7 (PES 2013) has started his own Independiente thread here and is playing Copa Argentina/trying to get back to First Division.
@millossobek (PES 2013) I've introduced SC Beira-Mar under Gaspar Barbosa in the Portuguese Second Division (update coming soon), and I'm also playing the 3-Stars Cup.

I think that's right, feel free to add any corrections! Also, hope I'm not missing anyone! :)

Quality mate - Loving the variety of the stories above, each with their own little quirks and journeys. It makes me realise how much Konami have dropped the ball by not releasing ML on eFootball. I’m sure, like everyone else, it was the mode that made me fall in love with the game.

@millossobek Love the Beira-Mar story too. I’ve never done a Portuguese save but looking forward to following your journey and overthrowing the ‘Big 3’!

Last edited:
Season 3 is underway so I thought this would be a good time to give a squad update and show you where we are at.

It was a busy transfer window with 5 incomings in total. Again, we had a limited budget and had to be quite savvy with some of our signings. It is still a bit of quantity over quality at the moment, especially given the added fixtures this season with Europa League football we really need to bolster the squad.

In:

Olivier Ntcham (CM) - Swansea (£3m)

Azubuike Okechukwu (CM) - Istanbul Basaksehir (£800k)

Santiago Ramos (CB) - AEK Athens (400k)

Cedric Itten (CF) - Free Transfer

Mailton (RB) - Free Transfer

IMG_1585.jpeg

Ntcham and Okechukwu go straight into the starting lineup to just give us some added quality in midfield. Itten is a similar profile to Agata in terms of size, strength and his abilities in the air. With Augustin as our main striker I’m hoping Itten can rotate and score some big goals for us.

Mailton and Ramos give us depth in defence, they’re both quite young so even with their overall ratings I’m expecting them to develop a lot further with us.

That means we still have 5 players from the original team in the starting lineup as we begin Season 3, with the bench still largely made up of our original roster.

IMG_1589.jpeg

We enjoyed a fantastic opening day win against Slavia Prague - Agata was dropped due to a red form arrow. Itten stepped up to have a brilliant home debut, scoring a header from 6 yards out to give us a comfortable 2-0 victory.

In other news, our Europa League opponents have been confirmed:

IMG_1590.jpeg

Aalborg are similar to ourselves in terms of ratings and quality, with Lyon and Fenerbahce definitely the two stronger teams in the group.

RACING CLUB STATS.png

As you can see from the results, it's been a tough first few months for Javi Franco.

First thing to tidy up, is the fact we've been dumped out the Copa Libertadores Group stage. The killer was the 2-0 defeat in Ecuador v Liga Quito. The owner won't be happy, he expected us to progress, so I'm sure Franco will be visiting his office shortly for a roasting.

League wise, opening day we went to River Plate, went defensive and got battered for 90mins but grabbed a point. Not a bad start but we couldn't create much against the 'lesser' sides and the defeat v Godoy Cruz was a wake up call. Since then, we are undefeated domestically, climbing into the top half of the table.

On the player front, 2 have really stood out so far. LB Gonzalo Pivovi has been superb, he's strong and even played as the left-sided CB when we've gone 5-3-2. Also, DMF Nery Dominguez is quality. He has a knack for getting a foot in and is essential to this side already.

Lautaro failed to get going in the early stages. Lost his head in the Godoy defeat and got sent off but then notched twice in 2 games. He's currently on a development burst, so hoping he can get firing properly.

2 young players have impressed. Facundo Gutierrez hardly got a sniff with Meli & Gonzalez ahead of him. Gonzalez picked up a 2 week injury, Meli was out of form, so he got his chance and scored the winner at Estudiantes. Since then he's been in the side. Miggy Bianchi, the youth striker who got called up, has been superb. He had a few minutes early on but recently has been given a few starts. He got 2 assists in the Tigre win and got his 1st ever goal v Chacarita. With Lisandro Lopez ageing, he has a real chance to stop Franco spending big on another striker in the transfer window.

Team Spirit is growing and with the 'honeymoon period' over, Racing Club really need to kick on and start hunting down qualification for next seasons Libertadores.

I'll update again when I hit the midway point of the season 🇦🇷🔵⚪

@abcdefg1 Actually Liga de Quito (also known as LDU), are a historical team! I am constantly surprised by Ecuadorian football, they have less budget than Colombia probably and they have done remarkably well in Libertadores and Sudamericana recently (even though Brazil and Argentina have dominated lately). LDU Quito have a Libertadores, Sudamericana, and I think a Recopa as well. (They are in the Sudamericana semifinals currently). Very impressive. No shame losing to them at all. In addition, it'll be interesting to see if you ever cross paths with Millonarios!

@Kopite1990 Great to see your starting lineup! Speaking of Millos, you have Juan Salazar as AMF, he played a couple of years with us and I have fond memories of him. :) Also it's cool to see how you retained some of the original ML members, Castolo, Iouga, Jaric, Minanda, Zamenhof.. Looking forward to seeing how your adventure keeps progressing!

Thank you for the detailed report :APPLAUD:

1694807728438.png1694807766011.png

We upset Vitoria SC in the Cup! What a match! But I'll get to that in a bit..

1694808110614.png1694810982189.png

League results (5 games played):
Oliveirense 2-1 Beira-Mar
Beira-Mar
0-1 SC Farense
Atlético CP 1-1 Beira-Mar
Beira-Mar
2-2 Trofense
Beira-Mar 3-2 Penafiel

Cup Match
Beira-Mar 2-2 Vitoria SC

It's been a bit of an up-and-down start for Beira-Mar in Segunda Liga (second division). We lost our first match against Oliveirense, in a match where we actually started off winning but couldn't hold on in the second half. Fixure 2 was against Farense at home, and we weren't able to get any points either, as our forwards were not able to score in this one (I've been trying to get Vaz Te from West Ham United but he refuses to come to Beira-Mar!).

Not the best of starts, 2 matches, 0 points. Fortunately, we were able to get our first 2 points in our next 2 matches, as fixtures 3 and 4 featured draws against Atlético CP and Trofense! (Once again, we were leading late in the match, against Trofense, but they equalized. Have to figure out my defense!)

Fixture 5 though, was a crazy match! 5 goals in the first half, as when the first 45 minutes ended, the score was 3-2 in favor of us!! This is the go-ahead goal, a great through ball connection by Mark Mucha feeding Cintra for the win!

Then came the Taca de Portugal! Matching up aganst 1st division side Vitoria SC, they clearly outmatched us in terms of talent and in terms of their wallet! We came out bravely in the first half, although they scored a Roberto Carlos type Free Kick from WAY out and the score was 1-0 in favor of them! Then things changed, as they had not 1, not 2, but 3 RED CARDS from direct tackles, and they had to play a good portion of the match with 8 players!

We took advantage of this and were able to score 2 goals in the second half, before a defensive lapse by us resulted in an 88-min equalizer by Vitoria. It seemed like we weren't going to get anything easy this season! Would Vitoria avert the upset? Not so fast! After a cagey extra time where we almost won it, the final whiste blew and we were headed for PK's, where we didn't miss a single attempt and our hero of he day, Rui Rego, stopped 2 PK's and gave Beira-Mar the huge upset in the first round of the Cup!! We will be facing Covilha next!!

Overall, it was a bit of a slow start by us, but we were able to recuperate. After losing our first 2 matches, we drew 2, and won our first match of the league season, followed by our Cup upset!! Let's see how this keeps going, but one thing is for certain: Gasper Barbosa is in for a wild adventure!! Go Beira-Mar!

1694810714836.png1694810796526.png

Stay tuned!! :TU:

Last edited:
Almost done with season 1 of my ML with Real Sociedad and its been ups and downs for sure.
Last 32 of the Europa league vs Lyon.
Really tough draw
Game 1 away and i got away with a 1-0 defeat, feels like a good result since most of my players were in a really bad shape
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 17-09-2023 20_34_48.png

Then the home return, my players were in pretty good form and i could start a pretty strong team, lots of firepower upfront.
And we took control from the start winning it 2-0

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 17-09-2023 20_41_02.png

The draw for the last 16 of the Europa League, cant get much tougher than Lyon i hope?
We get Real Madrid...

First game at the Bernabeu, a close game, were we held them to a 2-2 draw up until the last 10 mins
Two goals away might be a good thing to bring home to our return fixture
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 17-09-2023 20_45_54.png

But, a proper disappointment, game ended in a 0-0 and our Euro adventure is slammed shut, finito!
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 17-09-2023 20_51_00.png

So knocked out of the Copa Del Rey, knocked out of the Champions League and now out of the Europa League, all that is left is the league.
With 31 games played were clawing at a 7th place trying to hold on to the very last Euro spot
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 17-09-2023 20_52_35.png
And with these teams left to play, it will take a miracle to pull that of, but im going all out
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 17-09-2023 20_55_07.png

its been one hell of a first season so far, even though i have a decent/good team sure need to strenghten it even more, and with my Champions League/Europa league money, i think i have enough for that for sure

@rockstrongo Much better than what I expected from your first simulated season! I think in a way it's better that you didn't have huge success in your first season, since you'll be playing the second and, with your international revenue, you will be able to set up a powerful team and contend for bigger ambitions in your first PLAYED season, season 2! Can't wait to see what the transfer window looks like for you bro. :)

@rockstrongo Much better than what I expected from your first simulated season! I think in a way it's better that you didn't have huge success in your first season, since you'll be playing the second and, with your international revenue, you will be able to set up a powerful team and contend for bigger ambitions in your first PLAYED season, season 2! Can't wait to see what the transfer window looks like for you bro. :)
I think so too, ive played a couple of key games in the EL since i need to prepare for season two (this patch has a different gameplay vs vanilla)
Im sure going to try and upgrade a few spots on my roster ,maybe even change my tactics a bit, playing a 4-1-4-1 now, think i need to have one more striker up front, maybe go 4-4-2 or a 4-1-3-2

Just to let you know, I'm not playing with the gameplay plugin, only using the gameplay sliders! I've found that the gameplay plugin makes the game a bit too counter-attacking for my taste, while only slightly tweaking the sliders have produced a nice effect for me. :)

Just to let you know, I'm not playing with the gameplay plugin, only using the gameplay sliders! I've found that the gameplay plugin makes the game a bit too counter-attacking for my taste, while only slightly tweaking the sliders have produced a nice effect for me. :)
im starting to think i should disable the gameplay plug in too, its in the exe with the tool right?

Inspired by @abcdefg1 and by a YouTube video i watched recently and i am falling again in the rabbit hole, of trying some 2018 and 2019 on Superstar.

The movement and the bitchy 2018 AI is like an oasis, in comparison to the 2020 & 2021 AI.

Last night a Ligue 2 winger, dribbled me with a la croqueta and a cut behind and turn, he freakin humilated me.

2019 , nice movement , more rigid than 2018 but less than 2021, and more responsive. And the visuals in this game.If there was Oscar Awards for Football video games, this one would win the Oscar for best visuals. The 3D turfs, the level of detail, the lighting, everything looks so crispy. I had an afternoon match with Santa Clara and the sky was orange, like just before dusk, it was amazing, should take a screenshot before the teams entrance.

The common biggest flaw for me , in both games, the blatant cheating AI concept on SS level in Master League. The constant handicap and the unrewarding gameplay.

I still really wonder, who found challenging the concept that the gameplay doesn't reward you , when you've done everything correct. Really frustrating over time.

Most time of the game, i feel like i am a cheating cop, making a patrol, in order to not let the AamI cheat me.

It gets so much focus and brainpower, that i feel like i am doing a second job, and defies the purpose of playing to relax.

I spent most of the weekend ill so didn’t get a chance to play as much as I’d hoped (The joys of having a toddler who spreads his pre-school germs 🙄)

Anyway, it was pretty grim reading on the pitch too. After a really bright start to season 3, winning our first 3 games, we have fallen away quite badly.

IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg

The fixture congestion has absolutely caught up with us and probably hit home just how far off we are in terms of squad depth. We’re having to rotate at least 3 or 4 players each game so it’s no coincidence that we enjoyed a good start the season, which is when we were able to field our strongest team.

We’re finding it really hard to create chances again and we’re conceding stupid goals. The session last night was just full of mistakes and nothing we tried seemed to help.

Managed to squeeze a couple of games in over lunch time and we looked better. We won 1-0 away to Shakhtar but it should have been 3 or 4.

We beat Lyon away to keep our hopes alive of qualifying for the Last 32 of the EL, at this point I’m not sure if I would rather go out and claw back some time in the calendar 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hopefully the gate receipts and prize money from the EL give us a bit of a war chest this summer and we can add some real quality to the team.

At this rate I’d take just qualifying for Europe again!

I spent most of the weekend ill so didn’t get a chance to play as much as I’d hoped (The joys of having a toddler who spreads his pre-school germs 🙄)

Anyway, it was pretty grim reading on the pitch too. After a really bright start to season 3, winning our first 3 games, we have fallen away quite badly.

View attachment 236013
View attachment 236014
View attachment 236015

The fixture congestion has absolutely caught up with us and probably hit home just how far off we are in terms of squad depth. We’re having to rotate at least 3 or 4 players each game so it’s no coincidence that we enjoyed a good start the season, which is when we were able to field our strongest team.

We’re finding it really hard to create chances again and we’re conceding stupid goals. The session last night was just full of mistakes and nothing we tried seemed to help.

Managed to squeeze a couple of games in over lunch time and we looked better. We won 1-0 away to Shakhtar but it should have been 3 or 4.

We beat Lyon away to keep our hopes alive of qualifying for the Last 32 of the EL, at this point I’m not sure if I would rather go out and claw back some time in the calendar 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hopefully the gate receipts and prize money from the EL give us a bit of a war chest this summer and we can add some real quality to the team.

At this rate I’d take just qualifying for Europe again!
Thats a rough ride mate, some sessions of PES is just "f...Y..." from konami, no matter what youre going to have a hard time beating anyone

Inspired by @abcdefg1 and by a YouTube video i watched recently and i am falling again in the rabbit hole, of trying some 2018 and 2019 on Superstar.

The movement and the bitchy 2018 AI is like an oasis, in comparison to the 2020 & 2021 AI.

Last night a Ligue 2 winger, dribbled me with a la croqueta and a cut behind and turn, he freakin humilated me.

2019 , nice movement , more rigid than 2018 but less than 2021, and more responsive. And the visuals in this game.If there was Oscar Awards for Football video games, this one would win the Oscar for best visuals. The 3D turfs, the level of detail, the lighting, everything looks so crispy. I had an afternoon match with Santa Clara and the sky was orange, like just before dusk, it was amazing, should take a screenshot before the teams entrance.

The common biggest flaw for me , in both games, the blatant cheating AI concept on SS level in Master League. The constant handicap and the unrewarding gameplay.

I still really wonder, who found challenging the concept that the gameplay doesn't reward you , when you've done everything correct. Really frustrating over time.

Most time of the game, i feel like i am a cheating cop, making a patrol, in order to not let the AamI cheat me.

It gets so much focus and brainpower, that i feel like i am doing a second job, and defies the purpose of playing to relax.
Tough games for sure, especially the handicapping, you not being able to pull off anything, and if you do, they score on your ass direct!
Loved building up play on 19, once they got the ball im hating it

Last game of the season vs Real Betis, us in 7th and them in 8th with only 3 points between us.
A very good win, i played my last 6 games of the season trying out different cam angles but i think im going to stick with pitch side.
Anyway, 7th place means Europa League next year, and a strenghtening of the team begins now.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 18-09-2023 22_16_17.png

@Kopite1990 that's part of the struggle bro! The struggle is half of the fun. :) Hopefully your Europa League campaign will fill up your coffers enough to go aggressively on the transfer market like you said! Those peaks and valleys are a normal part of any season, and also, as you incorporate new players, it might take a while for team spirit to gel while they understand each other! All in all I think you're doing ok, just make sure you rotate your players. :)

@rockstrongo Good job qualifying for Europa! Now the real fun begins: The transfer window and making the team stronger for next season's challenge! The good part is that not only do you have the played league to look forward to, but also EL, which in a way I find more fun than the CL sometimes due to having more "lesser-known" teams! :TU:

@Kopite1990 that's part of the struggle bro! The struggle is half of the fun. :) Hopefully your Europa League campaign will fill up your coffers enough to go aggressively on the transfer market like you said! Those peaks and valleys are a normal part of any season, and also, as you incorporate new players, it might take a while for team spirit to gel while they understand each other! All in all I think you're doing ok, just make sure you rotate your players. :)

@rockstrongo Good job qualifying for Europa! Now the real fun begins: The transfer window and making the team stronger for next season's challenge! The good part is that not only do you have the played league to look forward to, but also EL, which in a way I find more fun than the CL sometimes due to having more "lesser-known" teams! :TU:
Thanks buddy, IRL i prefer EL and Conference league vs CL for sure

Back
Top Bottom