The Master League adventures thread

Nice start mate..Too strong start, what's the plan for this season? Also ,it seems you could move to your beloved Milan, from what it is obvious, they are going shite already from season 1. :P

In my news, before i gather again the materials for my update post, here is some appetizer again.

Some PES 2018 goals.

And from my PES 2020 adventure with HSV, no Zweite Liga unfortunately, scheiße KONAMI :) , a decent performance and win against RB Leipzig.

I love this HSV squad i built, it is mostly a squad of "Missing promises", players-talents since PED 2016, that were wonderkids, but never did it in real life, like Danilo Barbosa, Gabigol, and more to come, like Z. Bakkali, Roger Martínez, etc,etc...

The most spectacular moment in this match, was not one of the goal, but the NO_PENALTY call by the ref, one of the "best" Penalties denied to me be the CPU in recent history. Moment: 03:07!!!

Also a honnor for me to be mentioned in an other topic for this video @rockstrongo ,thana pal :D

Next post, the Burton Albion adventure is coming to conclusion!
Two great goals on 18.
The control you have in that game is so good.
Yeah the thing is I started watching your RB-HSV game before that UFL stream and immediately went back to your game ,what a difference.
For all the shit Pes has got in modern times ,it's a great great game Vs UFL.

Hmm ,probably improve my last season ,go further in the cup hopefully.
My team is probably around 28-30 in age ,lots of cheap older ,but great players.
Lassana Diarra in DMF is a beast ,a 39 year old Adriano on LB also a good transfer
I'm on TP now so it could be ups and downs (72 TS)

Two great goals on 18.
The control you have in that game is so good.
Yeah the thing is I started watching your RB-HSV game before that UFL stream and immediately went back to your game ,what a difference.
For all the shit Pes has got in modern times ,it's a great great game Vs UFL.

Hmm ,probably improve my last season ,go further in the cup hopefully.
My team is probably around 28-30 in age ,lots of cheap older ,but great players.
Lassana Diarra in DMF is a beast ,a 39 year old Adriano on LB also a good transfer
I'm on TP now so it could be ups and downs (72 TS)
Oh man!!! Lass is a beast, i love him, he usually has the teamrole too, Smart or Plmaker that skyrockets the TS, but he is really everywhere. My favourite player in PeS2020, except for being a second Makelele, he has also a godsend weighted pass, that cant miss , almost never, great move.

Oh man!!! Lass is a beast, i love him, he usually has the teamrole too, Smart or Plmaker that skyrockets the TS, but he is really everywhere. My favourite player in PeS2020, except for being a second Makelele, he has also a godsend weighted pass, that cant miss , almost never, great move.
Yeah I was really happy when he popped up in my "no renewal" section.
Beast of a player ,i remember him as being what Ngolo Kante is now.
Decided that I needed two new CMF/DMF so him and Denisov was brought in.
I play 4-3-3 with one DMF that stays home ,and two wingers in mf ,when chasing a goal and using wingbacks as a tactic I can really push up people for attacks.

Really weird how much I like this game.

Derby Day Vs Napoli in Napoli.
Not much was created ,but midfield battles all over the place ,both teams created two three chances each.
Really lovely game ,and TP PA0 is really playing well ,quite the challenge with low TS and a low ranked team.
f166063f-a36e-4a29-aa46-662ad58d23d8.jpg

Next two games are Genoa in the cup ,haven't decided to rotate and take my chance or go all in on those two games yet!

Round 2 of Coppa Italia.
Game 1/2 Genoa at home.
I started with a reserve squad to rest my top players ,probably 7/11 being bench players.

Down 1-0 in the first half ,never that worried though ,we played a solid attack/defense.

1-1 came from new signing Alici ,new turnaround outside the box and 1-1 late first half.

My 16 year old Fabio Quagliarella (regen) had his first start and made it 2-1.
Really fun seeing new signings making an impact.
f6c46e82-6b16-4d14-915d-5d71d1e1aca6.jpg

I'll probably play a more starting like 11 for the away fixture since they're rested and ready to go.

@rockstrongo as soon as the babies go to sleep, i will check about the Stadium you asked on YouTube.

For the moment, the gang has occupied the TV, watching Toy Story 3 :)

I am watching it with them too, to be honest and fair :P

Comfortable win away to Genoa.
I had 2-1 coming in ,and game ended 2-1 this time too.
I managed to be sloppy in defence ,trying to take a touch instead of clearing making it a goal for Genoa.

Well deserved win and Lazio in the league at home next game.
The joy of trying to contain Immobile...
e026587c-37f1-4766-90e2-7df7271d799a.jpg

My 2-0 goal ,nothing special really.
But being able to stretch the Def/midfield ,then a perfectly timed pass ,just when my striker signals for it.
Waiting for the exact moment when he has a meter of space ,a timed touch to the opposite direction of where the defender came from ,making sure he is on his heels ,then bang!
Pes has always been so good at these little (but important ) things.
Love it.

@rockstrongo as soon as the babies go to sleep, i will check about the Stadium you asked on YouTube.

For the moment, the gang has occupied the TV, watching Toy Story 3 :)

I am watching it with them too, to be honest and fair :P
Love Toy Story ,I haven't watched TS 4 yet ,must see.
No rush buddy.
My daughter is sick and at her mom's this weekend ,which means my Xbox series S and game monitor is in her room ,and I can play 24/7.
I usually play on my Xbox one X on the TV in the living room.
But having two options is nice (girlfriend watching track and field there now)
Take your time!

Love Toy Story ,I haven't watched TS 4 yet ,must see.
No rush buddy.
My daughter is sick and at her mom's this weekend ,which means my Xbox series S and game monitor is in her room ,and I can play 24/7.
I usually play on my Xbox one X on the TV in the living room.
But having two options is nice (girlfriend watching track and field there now)
Take your time!
Yo mate. It's "Coliseo de los Deportes" . :)

Yo mate. It's "Coliseo de los Deportes" . :)
Thanks mate ,one of those stadiums that works great on a Serie A ML.
I'm using Estadio Martingal for my team ,pretty life-like.
There's a bunch that I love ,Orione/Tauro/Campeones /escorpaio.
I think I've used Stadio Orione for most of my non Milan/Roma ML

Lazio at home gameday 7.
As expected Immobile was hard to contain ,and he scored after 9 min.
But after that this game was all mine ,played some solid defense ,and sharp up front.

Pretty pissed off I didn't record and setup a highlight reel for my DMF Lassana Diarra ,he didn't miss a single tackle this game ,a beast on the midfield.

Lazio is pretty poor so far this season.
1 win 1 D and now 5 L.
Next up Udinese away ,a team I always struggle against.
6616122a-e7fd-4281-91d1-9411671c51de.jpg

Thanks mate ,one of those stadiums that works great on a Serie A ML.
I'm using Estadio Martingal for my team ,pretty life-like.
There's a bunch that I love ,Orione/Tauro/Campeones /escorpaio.
I think I've used Stadio Orione for most of my non Milan/Roma ML
I love those stadiums, i hope there were more, or KONAMI-jerks could allow us to edit them, if not a stadium editor with spear parts, then at least let us edit more the existing fake stadiums with fake assets, like add a rooftop, a score board ,ect..

The biggest problems i have are with stadiums IRL, that have track & field couloir, cause the fake stadiums in game are either too big, or have 2nd and 3rd layer-floor of stands.

By coincidence,the stadium of my hometown, Kavala (Greece) and the stadium of Paris FC, my beloved team in ML, Sebastien Charlety, match a lot with the below fake stadium, can't recall the name now, but a lot of teams in Greece or lower Italy, ot at general around Mediterranean countries, used to have stadiums for multi-purpose, football and track & field,back at the 99's

In case of my hometown team's stadium, AO Kavala or 'the Argonauts", where ive seen hundreds of football matches from the stands, and I've trained inside the court , when i was an athlete, 20 years ago LOL!!, ,, the similarities are so many, that i start wonder if anyone from KoNAMI was even present in Kavala l!!

They are same in, southside has an old school OMEGA electronic score board, you know that one with black background and green digits. The west side has a rooftop stand and some press rooms, outside of north side there are mountains almost identical line as the game.

The only miss is that the east side has sea outside , while in game it has mountains again!

Btw pardon me, by now i live 1.000 kms away from my hometown for more than the last 10 years, and i visit only once a year, so i become too nostalgic and homesick sometimes!! :)

Kavala Stadium
1643440727249.jpeg
%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%BF-%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B8%CE%AE-%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%AC%CE%BD%CE%BD%CE%B7.jpg

images

images

Stade Sebastien Charlety (Paris FC)

maxresdefault.jpg

What i use for both of them.

I love those stadiums, i hope there were more, or KONAMI-jerks could allow us to edit them, if not a stadium editor with spear parts, then at least let us edit more the existing fake stadiums with fake assets, like add a rooftop, a score board ,ect..

The biggest problems i have are with stadiums IRL, that have track & field couloir, cause the fake stadiums in game are either too big, or have 2nd and 3rd layer-floor of stands.

By coincidence,the stadium of my hometown, Kavala (Greece) and the stadium of Paris FC, my beloved team in ML, Sebastien Charlety, match a lot with the below fake stadium, can't recall the name now, but a lot of teams in Greece or lower Italy, ot at general around Mediterranean countries, used to have stadiums for multi-purpose, football and track & field,back at the 99's

In case of my hometown team's stadium, AO Kavala or 'the Argonauts", where ive seen hundreds of football matches from the stands, and I've trained inside the court , when i was an athlete, 20 years ago LOL!!, ,, the similarities are so many, that i start wonder if anyone from KoNAMI was even present in Kavala l!!

They are same in, southside has an old school OMEGA electronic score board, you know that one with black background and green digits. The west side has a rooftop stand and some press rooms, outside of north side there are mountains almost identical line as the game.

The only miss is that the east side has sea outside , while in game it has mountains again!

Btw pardon me, by now i live 1.000 kms away from my hometown for more than the last 10 years, and i visit only once a year, so i become too nostalgic and homesick sometimes!! :)

Kavala Stadium
View attachment 142450
%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%BF-%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B8%CE%AE-%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%B3%CE%B9%CE%AC%CE%BD%CE%BD%CE%B7.jpg

images

images

maxresdefault.jpg

Kavala Stadium
View attachment 142450

images

images

maxresdefault.jpg

What a stadium ,I'm a sucker for concrete bowls ,just like your kavala stadium ,and the stadium in Pes that I've used the most is that one ,Stadio Orione.
It's always easier and more comforable with a stadium without running tracks around it ,but it looks so damn good!

I think my favourite one in Pes (with Orione) is this one ,sadly not been in Pes since 2013 I think.
https://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/File:Mohamed_Lewis_Stadium.png

Btw ,The Kavala stadium sitting there by the oceanooks really really good

What a stadium ,I'm a sucker for concrete bowls ,just like your kavala stadium ,and the stadium in Pes that I've used the most is that one ,Stadio Orione.
It's always easier and more comforable with a stadium without running tracks around it ,but it looks so damn good!

I think my favourite one in Pes (with Orione) is this one ,sadly not been in Pes since 2013 I think.
https://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/File:Mohamed_Lewis_Stadium.png

Btw ,The Kavala stadium sitting there by the oceanooks really really good
I loved that stadium, always used to wonder where Mohamed Lewis name, come from? :)

@rockstrongo @slamsoze

Your ML stories are always a nice read, i have to say.

As my PS5 is on ebay for sale right now, I decided to bring my Atalanta ML (PES 2021) to an end before it's sold. I was at half-time of my 3rd season. Finished it yesterday winning the Serie A, the Coppa and the Euroleague. My first silverware since PES 2018 as I didn't spent enough time in 19 and 20 for a longer ML.

I guess I have to buy a copy for my Xbox Series X, as I don't want to play on my PS4 anymore (sounds like a jet fighter). I just can't play FIFA long term anymore, so I always come back to PES.

Last edited:
Ok, i don't have a PC this week, so going like the old times, wall of text and a video no screenshot! :) Let's go finish the the season.. We were 5 games before the end.

Matchday 42: Exeter City 0-4 Brewers.
An easy win, in an always dangerous opponent. FFC got a draw here with QPR, 1-1 in their home. :)

MATCHDAY 43: BREWERS vs Blackburn Rovers

Thosr fankers, classic low table team, came just to mess things up, and they did it, two times we score, two times they scored the equalizer back to back. Draw 2-2. FFC won their away match in Birmingham. :(

Matchday 44: Norwich 1-4 BREWERS. Tough battle, great win. FFC got a draw 1-1 in their home against Nottingham Forest.

MATCHDAY 45: BREWERS vs Sheffield United. Another tough battle, we achieved an "professional" or Fernando Santos-style win, 1-0!!

And here happenes something good. Tranmere Rovers, who were hosts of Fulham, won them 4-1, the Spectacular, the Amazing, the beloved Tranmere, securing us the 2nd spot and the instant promotion, 1 day before the League concludes. :)

So we are in Premier League from now on! :) :D

Next post, the last ceremonial Matchday, the goodbye to our retiring GK, beloved Joe Lewis and conclusion of season 2023-2024, CL, EL, other Leagues winners, etc.

Also next season starts with EURO 2024, where we compete, me as manager of Greece NT.. I am inna very hot group, eith Turkey, Switzerland, Belgium... See ya :)
Screenshot_20220129_140539_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

@rockstrongo @slamsoze

Your ML stories are always a nice read, i have to say.

As my PS5 is on ebay for sale right now, I decided to bring my Atalanta ML (PES 2021) to an end before it's sold. I was at half-time of my 3rd season. Finished it yesterday winning the Serie A, the Coppa and the Euroleague. My first silverware since PES 2018 as I didn't spent enough time in 19 and 20 for a longer ML.

I guess I have to buy a copy for my Xbox Series X, as I don't want to play on my PS4 anymore (sounds like a jet fighter). I just can't play FIFA long term anymore, so I always come back to PES.
Nice buddy!
Same here ,can't really play FIFA long term (played FIFA 20 for 10 season though) and even if ML is a slim down version Vs Fifa CM ,i always had more emotional connection to my teams/players on Pes ,sometimes so much that players that are older and should be sold ,I've kept them since I've got a personal connection to them.

I'm glad I bought Pes 20 digitally ,didn't buy 21 since it was on game pass ,and now I can't buy it digitally,bummer!

I mainly play on my Series S or my one X ,have Pes 20 installed on both ,and can play Pes 15-16-17-18-19 on my X (discs).

Atalanta?
Love that club and how they have set up a strategy to buy players no one else looks at ,develop them in to great players then sell them for a hefty sum.

Yes you should stock up on Pes Xbox One games for your X for sure.
Found 17 to be a bit pricey to buy now ,thought I'd get a backup copy ,but 18-18-20-21 should be fairly cheap.
Nice to hear about your passion for Pes too budfy

Ok, i don't have a PC this week, so going like the old times, wall of text and a video no screenshot! :) Let's go finish the the season.. We were 5 games before the end.

Matchday 42: Exeter City 0-4 Brewers.
An easy win, in an always dangerous opponent. FFC got a draw here with QPR, 1-1 in their home. :)

MATCHDAY 43: BREWERS vs Blackburn Rovers

Thosr fankers, classic low table team, came just to mess things up, and they did it, two times we score, two times they scored the equalizer back to back. Draw 2-2. FFC won their away match in Birmingham. :(

Matchday 44: Norwich 1-4 BREWERS. Tough battle, great win. FFC got a draw 1-1 in their home against Nottingham Forest.

MATCHDAY 45: BREWERS vs Sheffield United. Another tough battle, we achieved an "professional" or Fernando Santos-style win, 1-0!!

And here happenes something good. Tranmere Rovers, who were hosts of Fulham, won them 4-1, the Spectacular, the Amazing, the beloved Tranmere, securing us the 2nd spot and the instant promotion, 1 day before the League concludes. :)

So we are in Premier League from now on! :) :D

Next post, the last ceremonial Matchday, the goodbye to our retiring GK, beloved Joe Lewis and conclusion of season 2023-2024, CL, EL, other Leagues winners, etc.

Also next season starts with EURO 2024, where we compete, me as manager of Greece NT.. I am inna very hot group, eith Turkey, Switzerland, Belgium... See ya :)
View attachment 142486
How much transfers do you need to do when getting your PL season going?
Is the team PL ready?
Congrats mate!

How much transfers do you need to do when getting your PL season going?
Is the team PL ready?
Congrats mate!
Thank you pal. Spot on question!

The team is not ready at all. As i said, i was in 4th season, and EFL had ALOT OF games, so staying for a 2nd season m there, in this point, would kill me.

That's why i exploited the LOaN system of ML, and i had built a squad/team for insta gratification in EFL, so all those Loaners, are now out! Auba, Ibra, Dzeko, Douglas Costa, Chambers, Holding, David Silva. Additionally i sold around 9 players, i am doing the PORTO model, whover brings good proposal, is sold with an next sale add on %.

Since EURO keeps me occupied, i have not focus on the roster build yet, but the general consensus is; keep team OPR at 3,5*, as it is now, re-Britishize the squad, meaning, all youth UK players, and all UK players found by scouts, are bought instantly. I want in a 40-men squad, to habe at least 21 British players.

The budget also was and is still, too low. Had 15mil for transfers and 5mil for wage. Already spent 7mil to buy David Sliva, as full transfer this time, to be the captain, as despite his age, he is an one man team by himself.

Also paid 2mil to Paris FC, my ex-comrades, to buy 40yo Tevez, also a Smart Player role, he will be the reserve of D. Silva.

So as it is now, AND SINCE I AM ALWAYS A MASTERMIMD TACTICIAN!!!! hahhhahahhahahahah LoL :) :D, i don't have a propet striket, only regen of Demba Ba, but he is still too low, I don't have a RWF with left foot, neither a LWF left footef, although i play with reverse feet in the wing.

Other positions are almost the same players, DMF and CMF, Thuram Eullien and Arturo Vidal are locked, only if I sell Vidal will change here.

I also placed Adriano Correia and Dani Alves regens in transfer list, my main SBs, they are too perfect for my taste! :)
For LB i have already Criscito regen and Ashley Cole regen. So in case i sell, i will n eed a proper RB.

Finally, why i said i a master tactician? I managed to pay and have 3 identical players for the same position!!! right footed LWF, Joelson Fernandes, Balogun and R. Nelson of Arsenal, all same stats, similar age, similar style and a 4th, the regen of Joaquin, who is bettet tham all the above, but the others costed me money, so they must pay back :D :P

Thank you pal. Spot on question!

The team is not ready at all. As i said, i was in 4th season, and EFL had ALOT OF games, so staying for a 2nd season m there, in this point, would kill me.

That's why i exploited the LOaN system of ML, and i had built a squad/team for insta gratification in EFL, so all those Loaners, are now out! Auba, Ibra, Dzeko, Douglas Costa, Chambers, Holding, David Silva. Additionally i sold around 9 players, i am doing the PORTO model, whover brings good proposal, is sold with an next sale add on %.

Since EURO keeps me occupied, i have not focus on the roster build yet, but the general consensus is; keep team OPR at 3,5*, as it is now, re-Britishize the squad, meaning, all youth UK players, and all UK players found by scouts, are bought instantly. I want in a 40-men squad, to habe at least 21 British players.

The budget also was and is still, too low. Had 15mil for transfers and 5mil for wage. Already spent 7mil to buy David Sliva, as full transfer this time, to be the captain, as despite his age, he is an one man team by himself.

Also paid 2mil to Paris FC, my ex-comrades, to buy 40yo Tevez, also a Smart Player role, he will be the reserve of D. Silva.

So as it is now, AND SINCE I AM ALWAYS A MASTERMIMD TACTICIAN!!!! hahhhahahhahahahah LoL :) :D, i don't have a propet striket, only regen of Demba Ba, but he is still too low, I don't have a RWF with left foot, neither a LWF left footef, although i play with reverse feet in the wing.

Other positions are almost the same players, DMF and CMF, Thuram Eullien and Arturo Vidal are locked, only if I sell Vidal will change here.

I also placed Adriano Correia and Dani Alves regens in transfer list, my main SBs, they are too perfect for my taste! :)
For LB i have already Criscito regen and Ashley Cole regen. So in case i sell, i will meedna proper RB.

Finally, why i said i a master tactician? I mamaged to pay amd have 3 playere fornthe same position, right footed LWF, Joelson Fernandes, Balogun and R. Nelson of Arsenal, all same stats, similar age, similar style and a 4th, the regen of Joaquin, who is bettet tham all the above, but the others costed me money, so they must pay back :D :P
Ha ha ,i done my fair share of 3-4 players on the same position:)

One thing that is tough when signing a player.
He has all the tactic understanding ,he can play LMF and RMF ,he's listed as a LMF (grade A) and has grade A for RMF ,and I'm thinking ,great he'll be useful for both positions ,but then signing him and putting him on the RMF he suddenly drop his overall from 75 (LMF) to 71 on the RMF.
Despite he has a grade A for both those positions.

I love the summer window ,don't do much transfers in January.
Scouting and building up a team that hopefully will click.

My players have fitted really good in to my system despite a low TS to start off the season (62) and after 7 games with a lot of rotation were up to 71-73.

I saw that my game Vs Lazio that the starting 11 only had 3 players from last season on it.

How do you build your team?
My approach (not really this year though) is building a strong D ,starting with 2-3 really strong CB ,then two strong DMF ,and then LB/RB (fast and good ball handling) same with my RMF/LMF

@shumway, nice conclusion, i hope you come back in action mate. I was in similar position, due to various reasons, my last CL was back in PES2017. And still now ia have only 1 CL in 2020, 1 EL in 2020, and 1 AFC CL and 1 FIFA Club World Cup in 2021.

So i owe myself a CL in 2021, seems harder than in 2020 at the moment.

Ha ha ,i done my fair share of 3-4 players on the same position:)

One thing that is tough when signing a player.
He has all the tactic understanding ,he can play LMF and RMF ,he's listed as a LMF (grade A) and has grade A for RMF ,and I'm thinking ,great he'll be useful for both positions ,but then signing him and putting him on the RMF he suddenly drop his overall from 75 (LMF) to 71 on the RMF.
Despite he has a grade A for both those positions.

I love the summer window ,don't do much transfers in January.
Scouting and building up a team that hopefully will click.

My players have fitted really good in to my system despite a low TS to start off the season (62) and after 7 games with a lot of rotation were up to 71-73.

I saw that my game Vs Lazio that the starting 11 only had 3 players from last season on it.

How do you build your team?
My approach (not really this year though) is building a strong D ,starting with 2-3 really strong CB ,then two strong DMF ,and then LB/RB (fast and good ball handling) same with my RMF/LMF
Well my main approach is, 4-3-3. I play like this since PES 5. I mostly attack from the flanks. prePES5 i was playing 3-4-3, with diamond in the mid.

I am mostly a type of attacking from the sides and cross the ball.

Now
Midfield is DMF-CMF-AMF. DMF is needed to be anchorman, a libero in front of the D-Line, covers all defensive gaps, rarely leaves his position empty. CMF can be a destroyer or a box to box. I need him to assist while defending, but also participate in attacks.

AMF, i am totally open here, can be a De Bruyne or an old school No-10. Good technique, ball control, shielding and passing.

Attack is 2 SS's as wingers, they are just SS to cut inside when the ball is in the opposite flank, and CF fast, good dribbler, good handling, and taller tham 1,85. A Tier Henry basically :D

Well i usually end up with a Pazzini or an Aduriz (regen), from non regens someome like Alvaro Morata.

Defense : 2 offensive SBs with good stamina and speed, if i had to sacrifice stats, i would prefer them to be fast and enduring, amd control the ball with the knee or cross it outside the stadium.

CBs, i want them tall, at least 1,88m amd not super slow of possible. Passing skills will be appreciated! :)

Back
Top Bottom