The Master League adventures thread

Don't know mate, i counted all teams, the big-6?? Were 4,5* rated, than some Evertons and Palace like at 4*, then us , Leeds, Sheffield, 1~2 more at 3,5* and then 2 teams at 2*, probably leftovers, from clubs that were promoted from Championship in a previous season..

By doing the maths, we are clearly in the bottom-8 of the league clibs ratings.

Who knows!! This you mentioned, happened also to me. I started a ML with decent club objectives, then restarted after some transfer updates, to other teams and the objectives were , "Win the Intergalactic Cup from first season"..

By the way KONAMI works, I wouldn't be surprised,if they work a little bit random, or maybe more specifically, half-arsed..
Very weird things in motion i guess.
Maybe it's a random scenario thing to motivate you ,or give it some edge.
Is it still a budget thing?
If you accept a higher goal ,you'd get a better transfer budget ,or is it still the same regardless?

Very weird things in motion i guess.
Maybe it's a random scenario thing to motivate you ,or give it some edge.
Is it still a budget thing?
If you accept a higher goal ,you'd get a better transfer budget ,or is it still the same regardless?
Not sure what happens midseason, cause after 2019 you don't get budget in that period.

IE now i had my budget from previous season.l and during the last days of that season,i got 5milbas prize money for the promotion.

After that i pick season objective so not any money at the moment. Maybe it affects the monthly money income, IE higher objectives higher income, cause somewhere in ML tips screen is stated that the progrees of the team during seasom , affects the financial income, but can't specify when exactly does it happen!

Not sure what happens midseason, cause after 2019 you don't get budget in that period.

IE now i had my budget from previous season.l and during the last days of that season,i got 5milbas prize money for the promotion.

After that i pick season objective so not any money at the moment. Maybe it affects the money income, IE higher objectives higher income, cause somewhere in ML tips screen is stated that the progrees of the team during seasom , affects the financial income, but can't specify when exactly does it happen!
I know I got bonuses for qualifying for CL/EL in my Milan 2017 ML ,also bonuses for winning 5 games in a row etc.
But that was Pes 17 ,think settings are more realistic on 20/21

I know I got bonuses for qualifying for CL/EL in my Milan 2017 ML ,also bonuses for winning 5 games in a row etc.
But that was Pes 17 ,think settings are more realistic on 20/21
Hahha, yeah sometimes i miss that old days, that money was flowing...

-You did Shite last season, here you are , get only 50million €, and next time get better!!! :P

A couple of good games last night.
Sampdoria 1-3 Salernitana
Salernitana 1-1 Fiorentina
Bologna 0-1 Salernitana

Next up for me will be Juventus at home , they're currently sitting on top of the table with me one point behind ,hopefully I can grind out a draw so the gap doesn't grow between us.

Season 5th, 2nd in England, 1st in Premier League.

First 3 matches, typical ML start, one of each, 1W-1D-1L. :)

Won Sheffield, lost to Leeds United, in the EFL "reunion" :D

Next a draw to Southampton.

On the squad summary: Demba Ba (regen) looks more ready than ever, to put some class, despite him still being in his 70's OPR.

Pellegri is decent, can't score until now, but he has served some critical assists.

Dani Alves, Adriano and Arturo Vidal , all regens were sold, and brought us an amount of 50+ mil.€ .

Replaces came, Bellingham OG for CMF and Bertrand regen for LB.
Azpilicueta Regen is the new RB, not so crystal clear and perfect like Dani Alves, but i like him like this, he is unpredictable.

WFs are Joelson and Lihadji, OG players, and Joaquin regen, Nelson , Balogun, are also good additions.

As soos as the team improves teamwork, we will be a decent and tough squad.

Matchday 1 & 2

Matchday 3

Next week, we visit Anfield, for the first important test against an S-Tier team.

Lazio at home gameday 7.
As expected Immobile was hard to contain ,and he scored after 9 min.
But after that this game was all mine ,played some solid defense ,and sharp up front.
And this is a rare image of Lazio's chairman calling Salernitana's chairman to congratulate:

Lotito_telefonini.jpg

I may ask in this thread:

To the Xbox users, if I edit stadiums and stadium names, do the changes work in a running Master League or do I have to edit everything before starting a new one? Only talking about cosmetic edits, not transfers if course.

I may ask in this thread:

To the Xbox users, if I edit stadiums and stadium names, do the changes work in a running Master League or do I have to edit everything before starting a new one? Only talking about cosmetic edits, not transfers if course.
The stadium name changes do apply in a running ML. Sometimes it bugs with the goalnets. The pattern is applied, but the net colours do not.

Juventus at home.
Nothing went my way ,they scored after 5 min.
Every shot/touch around their box got blocked.
Really really annoyed with the outcome (and gameplay to be honest)
Icing on the cake ,shit boy kulusevski ,scored the 2-0 winner.
Kinda lost my head the last 5-10 mins and started to tackle juve players left and right ,Adriano got red carded after a brutal assault on Dybala (off injured).
Adriano later spoke "well worth it ,northern bastard got what he deserved"!
77d10022-514d-4c2a-8687-c8d07233f300.jpg

My game Vs Lecce away was a "skip game" saw that Piatti had both goals.
1203afb4-0e6d-4e0b-95a3-a3528269960c.jpg

My game Vs Atalanta (also frustrating) was pretty fun ,first snow game down in South Italy.
Very sluggish and low pass ,but we conceded first (as usual now) and had to chase the game ,but made it 1-1 late in the game.
Should have been more but missed a lot of chances.
Fun but frustrating
963a25b7-0789-44c5-bcb0-9428da7d76e3.jpg
Sitting in 3rd ,Juventus took off up in front due to my missed 5 points past three games ,and Inter crept up beside ion the same point.
Got to hold on now since I'm in a bad spell.
be6cea0b-7e19-4e45-a63d-324f5aeb9487.jpg

Next up will be Genoa away ,probably a low scoring brutal game as always Vs them.

Juventus at home.
Nothing went my way ,they scored after 5 min.
Every shot/touch around their box got blocked.
Really really annoyed with the outcome (and gameplay to be honest)
Icing on the cake ,shit boy kulusevski ,scored the 2-0 winner.
Kinda lost my head the last 5-10 mins and started to tackle juve players left and right ,Adriano got red carded after a brutal assault on Dybala (off injured).
Adriano later spoke "well worth it ,northern bastard got what he deserved"!
View attachment 143055

My game Vs Lecce away was a "skip game" saw that Piatti had both goals.
View attachment 143056

My game Vs Atalanta (also frustrating) was pretty fun ,first snow game down in South Italy.
Very sluggish and low pass ,but we conceded first (as usual now) and had to chase the game ,but made it 1-1 late in the game.
Should have been more but missed a lot of chances.
Fun but frustrating
View attachment 143057
Sitting in 3rd ,Juventus took off up in front due to my missed 5 points past three games ,and Inter crept up beside ion the same point.
Got to hold on now since I'm in a bad spell.
View attachment 143058

Next up will be Genoa away ,probably a low scoring brutal game as always Vs them.
15 goals conceded in 17 matches. I see defense is improving here. Keeping the ratio, below 1 goal conceded per match, is always a good starting point.

15 goals conceded in 17 matches. I see defense is improving here. Keeping the ratio, below 1 goal conceded per match, is always a good starting point.
Thanks ,yes my priority tbh.
Feels like theore my TS has gone up (77-80) the tougher the CPU gets.
But still very fun to play (though frustrating at times)

Matchday 4

Liverpool FC vs Burton Albion

One main problem PES 2021 has, and PES 2020 too a lower degree due to slower tempo/less responsiveness, is when you play with high rated teams, 4,5*~5* OPR.

Unless you find a way to slow everything down, if they start rushing, the game usually becomes an ugly button mash mess, of just random events passing from screen. The problem is, it is human player that has the duty to slow things down someway, cause the CPU is programmed by thesis, to do frantic, fast paced, lasser guided staff, when the MADNESS mode switches ON!

About match:

Minute 10' and Joaquin opens the party, with a finesse shot from point blank position.
zTga4nO.jpg

Minute 30' and Joaquin from copy-paste position and situation, re-finesses, but this time the GK beats him, keeping the score 0-1.
jgturAG.jpg

Then Liverpool goes berserk mode. Diogo Jota goes one on one after a dump move by our defense, and chip-shots for the 1-1.

kqIYDPr.jpg

Final result: 1-1
Good performance by our rookie team, could be a better result. After 4 games , we run a 1W-2D-1L. It is too early for a meaningfull league table.

Match video:

Thanks ,yes my priority tbh.
Feels like theore my TS has gone up (77-80) the tougher the CPU gets.
But still very fun to play (though frustrating at times)
hahahha talk to me about frustration... I lost the very first Cup match, for the 4th time in my total 5 seasons run.

A realy shite match. Not only forced bad first touches, but also after every bad first touch or forced-error short pass, my player were just giving up life.... Also ball levitating 1 meters over my head and magically landing to opponent feet, plus them winning every rebound and deflection..Not even supercancels wants to work as it used to...

Also CPU team, being obvious that will somehow score, 10 seconds before . Crazy one touch lasser passing, imposible close control in some centimetrs, dribble that i can't defend, cause my defender IS NOT IN A MOOD to cooperate...etc,etc,etc... :)

Tha's how KONAMI is understanding "difficulty"..

hahahha talk to me about frustration... I lost the very first Cup match, 4th time in my total 5 seasons. A realy shite match. Not only forced bad first touches, but also after every bad first touch or forced-error short pass, my player were just giving up life....

Also CPU team, being obvious that will somehow score, 10 seconds before . Crazy one touch lasser passing, imposible close control in some centimetrs, dribble that i can't defend, cause my defender IS NOT IN A MOOD to cooperate...etc,etc,etc... :)
Wow ,I know what you mean:)
I've had so many late equalising goals the last 5-10 minutes by the CPU ,really annoying.
But Vs my careers on Fifa I enjoy the toughness in ML ,winning the league can't really be done easily and I appreciate that.

Top of that? The referre that sometimes he gets so biased, making me will to throw the controller on screen!!! Check here, the one and only time, i progressed to cup, further than the 1st round. 1-1, minute of video 09:20

CPU player dives, i barely touch him, referee shows the penalty spot. even the GREEK commentators said that: "the referee gave it PK??If it was me i wouldn't blow it PK, he didn't convinve me, it was like he "dived" "

Mark my word that, since PES 2011 that i use greek commentary, THIS WAS the first time, that i heard the match commentator disagreeing straight with the referee PK decision..

Next match, day 5 of the EPL.

Bournemouth is usally a team, that love to make my life difficult. This time,despite the instant equalizer by Sonalke, and thanks to a personal show by Nelson, who was the golden-sub, we managed to escape.
mFQJUvy.jpg

Match Video

W/D/L record: 2-2-1

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

MATCHDAY 6

Visiting Leicester, shite, shite , shite, then shite, then a rentless mode ninja kick by Leicester's Ayoze Perez in minute 81', and then again, shite, shite, shite and shite! :)
Thats the most constructive thing i can find about the match!!! :D
PmR6BDm.jpg

Final result 1-0
Ei2ASFK.jpg

Matchday 6 Video

EPL position: 9th
W/D/L record: all even! 2-2-2

Next match, FA Cup match against Leeds, spoiller alert!!!! I lost after another shity cup match! We keep trying! :)

Top of that? The referre that sometimes he gets so biased, making me will to throw the controller on screen!!! Check here, the one and only time, i progressed to cup, further than the 1st round. 1-1, minute of video 09:20

CPU player dives, i barely touch him, referee shows the penalty spot. even the GREEK commentators said that: "the referee gave it PK??If it was me i wouldn't blow it PK, he didn't convinve me, it was like he "dived" "

Mark my word that, since PES 2011 that i use greek commentary, THIS WAS the first time, that i heard the match commentator disagreeing straight with the referee PK decision..
Holy shit!
That's not a penalty.
I've had moments yesterday when I almost threw my controller too.
Got inside the penalty box ,got hacked down ,the blows the whistle... free kick for them.

This might just be placebo ,but every time the CPU gets really frenzy I back down ,don't chase the ball use as little sprint button as I can ,and often the game calms down.
It feels the more you chase the more the CPU starts playing one touch football

Holy shit!
That's not a penalty.
I've had moments yesterday when I almost threw my controller too.
Got inside the penalty box ,got hacked down ,the blows the whistle... free kick for them.

This might just be placebo ,but every time the CPU gets really frenzy I back down ,don't chase the ball use as little sprint button as I can ,and often the game calms down.
It feels the more you chase the more the CPU starts playing one touch football
I have similar theory or sense or experience about CPU. I feel it like a shark or a piranha. If you run, they read your input, tracking you like homing missiles and going in berserk mode, like the shark smells the bleeding. Just try to walk , without moving fast, or stand still , and they seem blacked out, like the bears that if you pretend to be dead they leave you behind.

Next match, day 5 of the EPL.

Bournemouth is usally a team, that love to make my life difficult. This time,despite the instant equalizer by Sonalke, and thanks to a personal show by Nelson, who was the golden-sub, we managed to escape.
mFQJUvy.jpg

Match Video

W/D/L record: 2-2-1

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

MATCHDAY 6

Visiting Leicester, shite, shite , shite, then shite, then a rentless mode ninja kick by Leicester's Ayoze Perez in minute 81', and then again, shite, shite, shite and shite! :)
Thats the most constructive thing i can find about the match!!! :D
PmR6BDm.jpg

Final result 1-0
Ei2ASFK.jpg

Matchday 6 Video

EPL position: 9th
W/D/L record: all even! 2-2-2

Next match, FA Cup match against Leeds, spoiller alert!!!! I lost after another shity cup match! We keep trying! :)
That is so Pes ,that goal!
Impossible to get the ball from him ,defenders out of position ,then the rebound for a goal.
It's so frustrating ,the only upside is that it comes and goes making it fun (but frustrating)

I have similar theory or sense or experience about CPU. I feel it like a shark or a piranha. If you run, they read your input, tracking you like homing missiles and going in berserk mode, like the shark smells the bleeding. Just try to walk , without moving fast, or stand still , and they seem blacked out, like the bears that if you pretend to be dead they leave you behind.
Exactly my theory as well ,slow everything down.
Sometimes a change in tactics can confuse them as well.

Jesus Christ!
A game that was both why I hate and love Pes at the same time.
Udinese at home.
Nothing I did went pass their defenders , crossing and everything got stopped by their winger.
Passing in-between their defenders and they had it covered , corners headed away.
Bonus ,not one single free kick all game long ,not one.

I conceded a goal mid first half ,couldn't get much going at all like I explained above ,but with two changes in the 70th minute I turned this game around with two goals from Alici.
A miracle given how this game was.

a1bd5bfe-b708-49b4-9fa0-e5b1f6c3bf10.jpg315dc61d-1117-4e85-a34a-f839ab8c5a3f.jpg

I played my first leg in the Coppa Italia quarterfinals Vs Lazio which I lost 1-0
Think my run probably stop at the quarters this year ,after that Inter away...

Don't say that. You can do that, we want to see Lazie out of the cup for good.
And yes, the controller-throwing moments (be them blatant fouls not given, stoppage-time equalizers, AI players becoming superhuman, posts and crossbars like no tomorrow) are soooo common in PES... But there are also many of them in FIFA, don't worry.
Both the games need to keep the player on the edge of their seat and, well, they resort to these "scripted" moments to make a match "intriguing" until the end, I guess.

Don't say that. You can do that, we want to see Lazie out of the cup for good.
And yes, the controller-throwing moments (be them blatant fouls not given, stoppage-time equalizers, AI players becoming superhuman, posts and crossbars like no tomorrow) are soooo common in PES... But there are also many of them in FIFA, don't worry.
Both the games need to keep the player on the edge of their seat and, well, they resort to these "scripted" moments to make a match "intriguing" until the end, I guess.
Yes you're right I've had even worse things in FIFA.
I'm going to give Lazio a handful at Olimpico.
Even though I feel that it's tough at times ,the beauty of playing a fully patched game is that you keep going ,when I read players and their CMs in the FIFA thread looks like they're re starting their careers every patch.

I somehow get why it is ups and downs ,as a real career would be ,though I'm frustrated at times with it ,can't really blame them and I acctually like the challenge.

Mixed bag of games tonight.
My return leg Vs Lazio away (0-1 first game) quarter final in the Coppa Italia.
Pretty good game I played quite alright first half and up until the 60th minute ,after that Lazio took over.
Immobile scored a goal Immobile goal ,low cross and he threw himself got a toe on it making it 1-0 Lazio ,and i couldn't really answer after that.
Cup's over.
a430e338-8bdf-4d15-ba9f-c3d40a60bca1.jpg

Serie A game Vs Inter away ,game 29.
Played really good and dominated first half ,had two shots hitting the crossbar.
Finally scored early 2nd half ,and continued to play great.
Made one mistake really ,a corner dropped to my defender and instead of clearing it he took a touch ,and Eriksen smashed in 1-1.
Last touch of the game was a shot hitting the crossbar for me (3rd one).
Frustrating and I deserved to win this.
a55ebe66-e97e-41ae-9ca5-858f75a4bdc8.jpg

Game 30 Vs Hellas Verona.
This game must be a win for me ,need to keep a distance down to 4th place so I can qualify for CL.
I came out swinging and gave Hellas no opportunities.
But ,you need to score as well , especially a low sitting team isn't exactly easy.
But I managed to score 1-0 after a lot of pressure late first half.
Then I scored 2-0 early second half and didn't let go of the gas and crushed Hellas 3-0 ,should have been more tbh.
Great win (and needed)
53f3888c-ec0e-4063-aeae-5c0dccc66c60.jpg

Pretty nice goal (3-0) good attacking pattern and one hell of a screamer.

Next game is SPAL away and a must win.

Pes 20 was on its best behaviour (despite some frustration)

SPAL away wasn't as easy as the result is showing ,very dangerous on the counter ,but I had a solid win in the end.
965c7ef8-ac02-42dd-9ffd-9a8175f0ff6a.jpg

Sampdoria at home was pretty much like my SPAL game ,hard fought ,and very tight until the last 30 min.
I went from 2-1 to the final result in that period..
Another great win ,but Inter and Milan keps on winning so can't really pull away from them.
817ed516-361c-4402-b569-ff931b1548ec.jpg

Fiorentina away awaits for my next game ,could be a nasty suprise.

SPAL away wasn't as easy as the result is showing ,very dangerous on the counter ,but I had a solid win in the end.
View attachment 143483

Sampdoria at home was pretty much like my SPAL game ,hard fought ,and very tight until the last 30 min.
I went from 2-1 to the final result in that period..
Another great win ,but Inter and Milan keps on winning so can't really pull away from them.
View attachment 143484

Fiorentina away awaits for my next game ,could be a nasty suprise.
Some big scoring here, but as you say, scorelines don't tell the whole truth.A lot saves by the GK, judging by fulltime stats. Who is your Goalie mate?

Our 1st match, in the 2nd round of FA cup, was a traditional nightmare.. Playing vs Leeds United in Old Trafford, nice choice by English FA, AFAIK from my ML in PES 2016 , Leeds and ManU are rivals?? Whatever...

Strange staff happened as usual, Leeds has been transformed to our bad demon by now, still we haven't win them in a single match, in 2 seasons..
Screenshot_2022-02-03-11-36-38-884_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
The match video.

Back
Top Bottom