The great tea mass debate.

Too impatient for long. Straight in a cup. Hot water. Give it 60 seconds. Squish the living shite out of it with a spoon. All it needs.

I don't agree with this sugar in tea lark, either.

I've got to hand it to you Jay.

I invested in this last night:

Yorkshire-Tea-4-Yorkshire-Gold-Tea-Bags.jpg

I even let it brew for three minutes.

It's very very good.

You need to leave this discussion immediately, tea needs at least three minutes brewing time.
This is probably my cue to get the fuck out but I leave the teabag for about 30 seconds to a minute when making a tea in the mug.

The teapot gets occasional use but it's more of a delicacy. The unwritten rule is it must be accompanied by a pack of biscuits. Hobnobs is one of the acceptable answers.

I said it before, but I agree with Chris and Jamez very short amount of time and squeeze the crap out of it.

Two sugars and milk.

Rich tea biccies or chocolate digestives.

Yorkshire Tea all the way!

I fucking hate stewed tea when its been left in for a while and goes really really dark.

I pour the water straight on the tea bag in the cup and then squash it against the side and its perfect. Then i add the milk and sugar.

Threes minutes is too long, Jay aint got a clue on tea making.

Can someone ban Coopz for his crimes against tea? If you would like to start your own how not to make tea thread then please do so.

I'll admit it's usually better when it's stewed in a teapot for a while.

It's being arsed to wait that long when a squish of the bag is 80% the same.

I took my time last night with the Yorkshire Tea and made a cracking cup of tea. Consider that my Christmas present off you, Jay.

Does everyone know tea tastes better in a bone china cup? Apparently the ideal cup is bone china, cylindrical in shape, and/or with a large mouth (no jokes please).

Like with a wine glass, it affects the way the aroma is inhaled as you drink, and boosts (or dulls) the flavour.

This was news to me until I watched last Christmas's QI...

I'm with Jay. 3 minutes and minimal squeezing. I'm still talking about tea.

Back
Top Bottom