The Fight Night Thread (for the original and yearly updates)

Music is awful, I can't believe anyone likes it but then I'm not a fan of rap beyond Eminem :)

Ricky Hatton aint in the game, same as he aint a world class fighter (you gotta beat people who are world class to be considered world class).

Right analogue takes a couple of hours at the most to get used to but it's easy after that, would be better if there was a left stick option for us lefties.

It's worth buying without question, unless you want to wait until next year's hopefully improved version.

2 posts in and you've admitted being a warezer, not smart.

Placebo, I am a Fan of Hip-Hop and even I dont like a Good portion of the songs on it.

If I hear him Screaming "Lil' Scrappy, Lil' Scrappy" at me one more Time I might just chin the TV ;)

Whilst we are on the subject of the Music can anyone tell me how to get Custom Soundtracks on as I want to play the Music stored on my X-Box ? (Is it unlockable)

I only started playing this Game on Monday Night & I am really enjoying it but I need some advice or Tips on how to line up the 3 Referee Images when you get KO'd, so far out of 4 or 5 times I havent yet managed to get up once :oops:

Any Ideas Guys

Thanks

SilverSpider, concentrate on the EA logo on the refs shirt. Start by doing the left stick and then the right stick to line them up on the stationary image. After a while you'll be able to do both at the same time easily :)

downloaded the demo yesterday, looks like a nice game indeed. however i don't really understand the full punch control yet, is that explained somewhere? i don't want to use the buttons.

guys i need your help

i´m on the 5th place in the ranking and i have the opportunity to fight against the champ.but my abilities are not that good.even the guy on place 8 is too good.what can i do?

i want to be the champ but i believe i will lose my next 10 fights

Ike: the demo is pretty unpolished compared to the final version. The knockdowns are different as in the demo the fighter just gets up without you doing anything and there's plenty more cuts and bruises etc in the final version.

Just keep practicing with the analogue stick. Up to the left = left jab, up to the right = right straight. Left > Up = left hook, Right > Up = right hook. Down > Left > Up = Left Uppercut, Down > Right > Up = Right Uppercut. It may just be me but i think the analogue control is improved in the final version too.

I don't like the music either, all these unlockable music, that you need to pay for. Eh, no thanks they're brutal, I only kinda like 'Victory' which is free, so I'll keep that. And Tigger as an MC............erm sorry, not good. Buffer or Lennon Jnr any-day.

Have to admit though the corner-men are hilarious with some of their quotes to the fighters in the corner.

"Man, we gonna need a forensic team to find out what's what!'

"After this fight, we'll need to take you to a workshop, to knock some of those dents out you!"

"What are you playing at in there, he's playing tap-dancing on your head!"

"Damn, your momma ain't gonna recognise you in the morning!"

:mrgreen: Class.

FD

dannyboy22 said:
SilverSpider, concentrate on the EA logo on the refs shirt. Start by doing the left stick and then the right stick to line them up on the stationary image. After a while you'll be able to do both at the same time easily :)

Cheers Dannyboy, This tip helped me a lot & I can now actually get up off the Canvas Now ;)

Thanks Again Bud

My buddy had the audacity to challeneg me after buying the game yesterday. I tried to make it easier on him by letting him take Muhammad Ali while I took welterweight Mickey Ward.

I KO'd his ass in the first round. "The Greatest" my ass!! :mrgreen:

are there any unlockable fighters in this game??? guys like M.Tyson, George Foreman, Sugar Ray,...

i just played this game all night long with a friend, and we had some great fights. the last one was me as Lennox Lewis, and Chris Bird knocked me out in the 12th round in ceasars palace after a very close fight. what can i say, a damn great game.

would be cool if we could also save replays (like in PES) and career mode with some addictions like sportsnewspapers with photos from fights...

reply will be out end of april , unless you can play copied games ;)

reply will be out end of april , unless you can play copied games ;)

I'm going well, although admittedly I'm doing a bit of steer-clear at the moment. My manager doesn't want to thrust me straight into the wolves at the moment. :mrgreen:

I'm 21-0-0 with 18ko's, but to be honest I'm just building my skills up till I take on the world. Need to keep an eye on the calendar obviously but I've still got a few years to improve. Can't for the life of me do the heavy bag, I've resorted to just auto-training as I can't do it. Still only fighting fighters in the 40 rankings. :oops: :mrgreen:

FD

I have only played online and not touched career mode yet so I took my lumps and amassed a 17-28 record before I began to understand the sweet science behind the game.

My buddy just finished the career mode as champion, so he jumped online to bring da pain.

I treated him like a two dollar whore with a ten dollar crack habit. I KO'd his ass 5 times in a row within 2 rounds every time. :mrgreen: The crowning moment was when my Antonio Tarver got up from 3 knockdowns to starch his Evander Holyfield with a six punch combination against the ropes.

Even Evander's 7 illegitimate children couldnt have saved his crusty ass. :twisted:

What a game.

I recomend you search some sites for created fighters for this game...guys like Tyson,Foreman,De La Hoya and many others...they bring something new to the game...i just love smacking hollyfield and lewis with the powerfull brainless Iron Man Tyson.
I finished carrer mode very fast and when you reach the 1st place there's not much interest in continue playing. Only thing you might want it to keep defending your title against the new fighters that keep appearing each year.

about f#####g time.
ive been waiting for years for a decent boxing game and i have to say its been worth every secondnow.
what a game aboslutly fan f#####g tasticoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It looks really good... But I just cannot get into the controls.
sad.gif
I will be practicing because it's genuinely a very good game but at the minute I'm just randomly moving the right analog stick in circles...
sad.gif

Jack Bauer said:
It looks really good... But I just cannot get into the controls.
sad.gif
I will be practicing because it's genuinely a very good game but at the minute I'm just randomly moving the right analog stick in circles...
sad.gif

JB - I tried the TPC with the stick and reverted to the buttons. I get much better response and control. Half the time, I could not throw the punches I wanted with the sticks.

Change your configuration to 4 or 5 I think and you should be able to use both the stickand the face buttons. You can throw uppercuts by pressing []+X or O+/\ together.

I even use the face buttons online, even though I have heard that the stick is more responsive in that area.

3 buddies came over Friday and we ended up playing a few slugfests. By Saturday, two of them had already bought the game.

The highlight of the night was my Artuto Gatti landing 6 left hooks in a row to Lennon Lewis' unconscious head as he dangled on the ropes. haha.

BTW - I know I was wrong in picking Sanders to KO Klitschko, but it was apparent that Sanders hadnt even trained nearly enough. Had he been in shape, I think he coulda won. He waited 5 rounds to throw a right hand! haha. Good thing I didnt bet on it.

The division is still up for grabs ,but I give Vitali top billing for KO'g Sanders and Kirk Johnson, and hanging with Lennox.

yeah, nice fight from Klitschko. i don't think Sanders was not in shape, and he threw out some dangerous punches, but Klischko's reflexes are really good for his size.

After the fight (that was on at 4am here) i fought the rematch of the Lewis Vs. Bird fight against my mate. i knocked him down ten seconds before the end of round 12, the first knockdown of the match! won by a 2:1 decision then... lovely.

Ike said:
yeah, nice fight from Klitschko. i don't think Sanders was not in shape, and he threw out some dangerous punches, but Klischko's reflexes are really good for his size.

After the fight (that was on at 4am here) i fought the rematch of the Lewis Vs. Bird fight against my mate. i knocked him down ten seconds before the end of round 12, the first knockdown of the match! won by a 2:1 decision then... lovely.

I think Sanders was clearly out of shape. he had a fekking baby in his abdomen and sagging breasts. He was winded after the second round.

He already owns a lucrative hunting farm in S. Africa and wants to focus on becoming a professional golfer, so I think he could have cared less about this fight.

Can you believe how good they made Byrd in Fight NIght. Granted I think he is a great talent, but his stats are off the charts!

i have to admit i don't follow boxing as close as you probably do... i think there are quite a few heavyweight champions with a few pounds too much, and they're still great fighters. i thought it might just be their style. ;) also a lot of heavyweight boxers would look untrained in comparison to Klitschko - but yes, Sanders looked kinda fat indeed.

i was also surprised to see Byrd is rated about the best boxer in the game, but then i haven't seen him fight yet. still Ali and the like should probably be better.

Heard he gave Vitali probs in the 1st round but after that he was outclassed.

In England they had two heavyweights Sprott and Skelton going at it and my god it was awful. Skelton won in the end, however he is very limited using his 17.5st bulk to his advantage, I'll give him credit as he is actually a kick-boxer with no previous amateur experience at all, although he is 37. It was pretty poor watching and the HW scene in Britain really looks poor, I burst out laughing in the 5th round when they where swinging like mad at each other and missing...........dear-oh-dear!!

btw, I'll pop a Boxing Thread up for some discussion that can be used later, hopefully we'll get some people on there to discuss as we seem to have had a few members who quite like the gloved action.

FD

Back
Top Bottom