The Fight Night Thread (for the original and yearly updates)

Does anyone know where i can get some created boxers like Tyson, Naseem, Bruno, Hatton ect??

Haha i didnt realise :)

There a great Tyson CAB on the ign forums

and i think Placebo uses them forum so knows which i mean cuz i saw a "placebo" in there :)

it took all the control i have not to take the piss at least a little

yeh i have seen him on there a bit hopefuly someone will put a file online so i dont have to don any work:)

Yep Placebo_obecalP on there is me, my name's red cos I's a VIP on there ;)

Haven't seen anyone share CAB's via Xport/Max Drive yet, trying to persuade them to but so far nothing :(

Any tips for throwing haymakers for the XBox version? I can't seem to get it consistently, in fact its once in a blue moon I manage to do them at all.

Maybe i expected too much, but i don't find this to be a huge step up from last years version. The graphics are better, and you can block and punch while moving, which was well needed.

The KO moment cam is not my cup of tea, as well as the cutman minigame. Of course they can be skipped or turned off, so it's not a problem. The main problem seems to be the haymakers being too powerful, and i always have problems surviving a KO moment without clinching which i don't really like. The career mode still lacks the flair i would like to see in an emotional sport like boxing. Having no online mode is also bad, but i don't see how this work well in such a time-critical game anyway.

So basically a good game, but it could have been way better.

gunnerglory said:
Any tips for throwing haymakers for the XBox version? I can't seem to get it consistently, in fact its once in a blue moon I manage to do them at all.

U just have to move the anolog stick round smoothly, im getting much better them now!!

I think i was like you Ike defiantly expecting to much, I like the inclusion of amature but they could of put a bit more into it. Good to new boxers like pacman and cotto but what has gone on with the CABs!

Comparing Fight Night to PES is an insult to PES, I'd say it's fair to compare Rocky with Fifa, but Fight Night is nowhere near the level of how much PES is greater than Fifa, you could perhaps use Football Kingdom in the analogy, young franchise, time may see some significant improvements, but there are significant flaws, and in many, many ways Fight Night is an insult to the sport, the same cannot be said, ever, about PES.

Placebo said:
Comparing Fight Night to PES is an insult to PES, I'd say it's fair to compare Rocky with Fifa, but Fight Night is nowhere near the level of how much PES is greater than Fifa, you could perhaps use Football Kingdom in the analogy, young franchise, time may see some significant improvements, but there are significant flaws, and in many, many ways Fight Night is an insult to the sport, the same cannot be said, ever, about PES.
why it's an insult?:shock: Fight night is a boxing game and Pes is a Soccer game...:lol:
I want tell that the difference beween Rocky and FN it's the same as Fifa and Pes ;)

Don't fall out guys, I get the idea:D! Although I have to say having only played a little Rocky and no Fight Night, I found Rocky quite entertaining.

I think the first FN is better than the 2nd. In the 2nd every boxer looks like a body builder, and they look quite fattish.

Also the gameplay, it is such a down-grade from the 1st. The gameplay in the 1st was the best bit, the way the boxers move, throwing a punch was amazing and the way it landed was even better, from what I have played on the 2nd, its all shit.

No totally disagree you couldnt even block and move in the first one, and in 2 player vs mode youd could easily finish the fight in the first round not any more! Definate improvements all round on the first!

jamie_mack said:
Definate improvements all round on the first!

At least the first one didn't have the exceptionally poorly implemented haymaker or the dig a grave when knocking down an opponent taunt, makes me want to puke each time I see that, enough people have been hurt/killed over the years in a boxing ring to show a little decorum surely?

Yep all in all it is an improvement on the first one, but all in all not by much, of course it's about the best boxing game available but it could and should be better in so many ways. Question is will the current publishers of the Fight Night series ever allow the game to be improved upon to such an extent that it pleases real fans of boxing as WE/PES pleases real fans of football......

Last edited:
Damn this game is good. It's probably not the PES/WE of Boxing but it is the BEST one out there and isn't short of being labeled the PES/WE of boxing in my opinion because it does have many realistic things and you have to have a strategy and fight against different boxers in different way.

I like this shit.. i'm hooked on it for a couple days I'm ranked 23 now with Roy Jones JR. I had an amazing record of 19-0-0 with 18 KOs but just lost my first ever fight to Lamar Greene I think. Fat chubby dude. I'm gonna train up some more and get revenge against this MuthaFuCka next time.

Back
Top Bottom