The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Even a point deduction wouldn't really do anything. They'd earn enough points to stay up that season, or if the point penalty is too large they'll go to the championship for a season and then come back up like nothing happened.

The only fitting punishment in my opinion is a permanent ban from the premier league.
If a point deduction and even permanent ban from the Premier League is good enough, why we should revoke all of major trophies Manchester City have won just like how Juventus had their two Serie A titles being revoked due to the Calciopoli in addition to the Serie B relegation (one of them were given to Inter Milan)? I know that some sources said that this repercussion only affects the major trophies Manchester City won between 2008 and 2018 (the period when Manchester City was involved in a financial breaches, so Manchester United and Liverpool will have additional Premier League titles), but the FA should ask FIFA and UEFA to extend this repercussion imposed on Manchester City to the international trophies so that Inter Milan (the Champions League runners up) and Fluminense (the Club World Cup runners up) will get the trophy instead.
 
If a point deduction and even permanent ban from the Premier League is good enough, why we should revoke all of major trophies Manchester City have won just like how Juventus had their two Serie A titles being revoked due to the Calciopoli in addition to the Serie B relegation (one of them were given to Inter Milan)? I know that some sources said that this repercussion only affects the major trophies Manchester City won between 2008 and 2018 (the period when Manchester City was involved in a financial breaches, so Manchester United and Liverpool will have additional Premier League titles), but the FA should ask FIFA and UEFA to extend this repercussion imposed on Manchester City to the international trophies so that Inter Milan (the Champions League runners up) and Fluminense (the Club World Cup runners up) will get the trophy instead.
I don't think that's a good idea. In the first place, having those trophies being retroactively given to other clubs doesn't do anything for them really. Financial compensation should definitely be given to those other clubs though.

I think it would be hard to determine the years after the period where city's trophies should be taken away. For example, in 2019 and 2020 their squad 100% benefitted from signing players and breaking FFP regulations in the 2008-2018 time range, but can you say the same about their 2025 squad with the same level of certainty?
 
Hi there, I'm new to the forum—thanks, everyone.
First of all, I’d like to say that although I’ve enjoyed watching Manchester City over the years, the club currently seems to have a problem; we’ll see what the law decides.
 
I’ve enjoyed watching Manchester City over the years
Same. Pep Guardiola is the greatest manager in the history of the sport imo, and the way his teams play and how they've influenced the rest of the sport is incredible.
 
Back
Top Bottom