The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Another scandal

" The organization has the wrong anthem for Mauritania... 3 times! " The Murabitouns played without having heard their national anthem...

I swear I knew this one will be the worst edition of AFCON. To much controversy before and during the tournament. Plus clubs not wanting to let their players play, and Roger Milla's bullshit claims against North African associations
There's some news that the referee felt sick during the second half. That's why he lost his concentration
Ah yes, the easiest excuse

Ah yes, the easiest excuse
It seems to be that he felt sick.

He even forgot before the second penalty the place of the VAR and he wasn't there to resume the game, but it was the 4th referee. Footage from the end of the match showed that when he was walking to the dressing room he was kind of wobbly.

In 2016, he ended a game in 90+3 while Salah was going to be 1v1 and the result was at that time 1-1

All this will certainly help the big clubs to take serious AFCON. African football, i love it so much, but it is such a sad story...

Former Egyptian international striker Ahmed Hossam Mido revealed details of a football scandal and a ignoble plot against the Algerian team during the 2004 African Cup of Nations in Tunisia, whose hero was the Egyptian team and its competitor Cameroon.

Ahmed Hossam Mido confirmed last night, Thursday, while he was the guest of the show “With Schubert” on the Egyptian channel “On Time”, that the Egyptian team and the Cameroonian team were conspiring at the time against the Algerian team, their competitor. in the third group, to exclude it from the group phase. Mido recounted the details of the odious plot, recalling that Algeria faced Zimbabwe on 30 February 2004, at the same time as Egypt met its rival Cameroon for the third round of the third pool competitions of the 2004 Cannes Championship in Tunisia. .

The former striker of the “Pharaohs” battalion went on to point out that an agreement had been reached between the Egyptian team and his Cameroonian counterpart, at the beginning of the second half, to finish their match on a draw and blank, to climb together in the second round, as Algeria finished its first half on a draw and blank against Zimbabwe.

Hossam Mido added that the technical staff of the Egyptian national team had informed him that Algeria was tied in the first half with Zimbabwe, adding that he had asked the Cameroonian players Song and Eto'o to finish the match on a draw and blank, so that Egypt, accompanied by Cameroon, qualified for the second round, in case the "Greens" lost two goals.

The spokesperson continued to narrate details of the odious plot against the Algerian national team, revealing that after the agreement, the second half of the match between Egypt and Cameroon witnessed no significant attack on both goals.

Star Mido revealed that the technical staff of the Egyptian team was very angry, after the end of the match "Pharaohs" and "The Untamed Lions" in a draw, due to the Zimbabwean team's win over Algeria by two to one, pointing out that their anger intensified because no one told them the result of the match between Algeria and Zimbabwe.

After Egypt and Cameroon conspired to exclude the "desert warriors", and their separation on the impact of a draw, Hussein Ashio's goal against Zimbabwe allowed the Algerian team to reach the second round of the 2004 African Cup of Nations in Tunisia, and finally eliminate Egypt.

Former Egyptian international striker Ahmed Hossam Mido revealed details of a football scandal and a ignoble plot against the Algerian team during the 2004 African Cup of Nations in Tunisia, whose hero was the Egyptian team and its competitor Cameroon.

Ahmed Hossam Mido confirmed last night, Thursday, while he was the guest of the show “With Schubert” on the Egyptian channel “On Time”, that the Egyptian team and the Cameroonian team were conspiring at the time against the Algerian team, their competitor. in the third group, to exclude it from the group phase. Mido recounted the details of the odious plot, recalling that Algeria faced Zimbabwe on 30 February 2004, at the same time as Egypt met its rival Cameroon for the third round of the third pool competitions of the 2004 Cannes Championship in Tunisia. .

The former striker of the “Pharaohs” battalion went on to point out that an agreement had been reached between the Egyptian team and his Cameroonian counterpart, at the beginning of the second half, to finish their match on a draw and blank, to climb together in the second round, as Algeria finished its first half on a draw and blank against Zimbabwe.

Hossam Mido added that the technical staff of the Egyptian national team had informed him that Algeria was tied in the first half with Zimbabwe, adding that he had asked the Cameroonian players Song and Eto'o to finish the match on a draw and blank, so that Egypt, accompanied by Cameroon, qualified for the second round, in case the "Greens" lost two goals.

The spokesperson continued to narrate details of the odious plot against the Algerian national team, revealing that after the agreement, the second half of the match between Egypt and Cameroon witnessed no significant attack on both goals.

Star Mido revealed that the technical staff of the Egyptian team was very angry, after the end of the match "Pharaohs" and "The Untamed Lions" in a draw, due to the Zimbabwean team's win over Algeria by two to one, pointing out that their anger intensified because no one told them the result of the match between Algeria and Zimbabwe.

After Egypt and Cameroon conspired to exclude the "desert warriors", and their separation on the impact of a draw, Hussein Ashio's goal against Zimbabwe allowed the Algerian team to reach the second round of the 2004 African Cup of Nations in Tunisia, and finally eliminate Egypt.

I'm confused. As the table stood at half time, Egypt needed to win, no?

By the way, the end of Ghana vs Gabon - wow. What a farce!

By the way, the end of Ghana vs Gabon - wow. What a farce!
After our match ended, I switched to Ghana v Gabon, and it is just hilarious after he fled the scene, in the end the ref had enough and started shouting "Red card to n°25 (Benjamin Tetteh)

Solid performance from Wollacott and what a goal from Ayew, I'm so thankful we managed to stop him in the first match or else he could have done a lot of damage to our defense, especially because Vahid was trying a new formation.... despite that I wanted them to win and qualify over Gabon :/

As for Egypt situation, they could not ask for a win because Cameroon obviously wouldn't, so as far as I understand they needed a nil nil draw to qualify only in case if Algeria lost with at least two goal cushion without scoring. So Egypt would qualify thanks to goal difference

Last edited:
Reactions: H_G
After our match ended, I switched to Ghana v Gabon, and it is just hilarious after he fled the scene, in the end the ref had enough and started shouting "Red card to n°25 (Benjamin Tetteh)

Solid performance from Wollacott and what a goal from Ayew, I'm so thankful we managed to stop him in the first match or else he could have done a lot of damage to our defense, especially because Vahid was trying a new formation.... despite that I wanted them to win and qualify over Gabon :/

Both goals were really well taken. I thought it was great how the ref stared at the camera pointing the red card, like he was red carding the whole world.

Both goals were really well taken. I thought it was great how the ref stared at the camera pointing the red card, like he was red carding the whole world.
It's disgusting from Tetteh, not for the punch though but for being so childish with the officials

I have edited my comment, to give more contrast about Egypt-Cameroon v Algeria case

It's disgusting from Tetteh, not for the punch though but for being so childish with the officials

I have edited my comment, to give more contrast about Egypt-Cameroon v Algeria case

Yeah it was pretty cowardly. If you're going to punch someone be prepared to face the consequences!

It's a bit ambitious to bank on Zimbabwe to win by two goals! Almost paid off though. What is it about Algeria?

Yeah it was pretty cowardly. If you're going to punch someone be prepared to face the consequences!

It's a bit ambitious to bank on Zimbabwe to win by two goals! Almost paid off though. What is it about Algeria?
Yes, the Gijon Scandal is also infamous here, regardless of the rivalry.. We have our own version though. The final round of group A in World Cup 1998.
Norway will need a win over Brazil regardless of how many goals Morocco had to score against Scotland to qualify and they got what they needed. The Algerian one was a much harsher due to the fact that at the time football was a little bit more politically influenced I guess

Yes, the Gijon Scandal is also infamous here, regardless of the rivalry.. We have our own version though. The final round of group A in World Cup 1998.
Norway will need a win over Brazil regardless of how many goals Morocco had to score against Scotland to qualify and they got what they needed. The Algerian one was a much harsher due to the fact that at the time football was a little bit more politically influenced I guess

Yeah I remember that well - Jim Leighton lying tangled up in the net. 😭 But I never thought of there being anything malicious between Norway and Brazil. I always just assumed it was Brazil taking it easy as they'd already won the group. I can't remember there being any huge surprise in Scotland that Norway won.

Yeah I remember that well - Jim Leighton lying tangled up in the net. 😭 But I never thought of there being anything malicious between Norway and Brazil. I always just assumed it was Brazil taking it easy as they'd already won the group. I can't remember there being any huge surprise in Scotland that Norway won.
Well, there should always be a controversy in a World Cup somehow, and if I was alive then I wouldn't think that Brazil took it easy, regarding the fact that Norway had a strong squads built by players who played then for the major Premier League teams namely United, Chelsea and Spurs etc... I think the reason why Scotland lost to us is because they couldn't keep up with Morocco's playing style, we used to higher the tempo the whole 90 minutes nonstop. I don't want to sound like a crybaby but it was again a little refereeing conspiracy from Portugal and Spain v us, but never mind :PP

Tunisia is the team that has the most COVID cases during the AFCON tournament with 14 players /28 . 6 of them had COVID last week (1 of them recovered), +8 today.

Last edited:
If anyone here is watching Morocco v Gabon now, can we just agree that the match is being fixed? Well here is the theory my father and I suggested to my uncle. If Ghana wins The Comoros by at least 4 goals (taking in note that Ghana has a superior squads over their south-eastern opposition) then Gabon should look for a win to have themselves qualify at the top of the table. The squad Halilodzic have chosen to face Gabon is absolutely weak (El-Kajoui between the sticks, an injured Chair, Ennesyri and El-Kaabi like if they have never touched a ball, a football one to be more precise, no Saïss, no Munir, no Boufal, no R. Mmaee) Also the other thing is Gabon has its consulate in the Sahara which means they approve Moroccan's sovereignty over its southern parts, Ghana doesn't! Do you think that it makes sense? I do - so far -

Comoros will play the next game vs Cameroun without their goalkeepers, 12 players have tested positive for COVID.
The Comoros delegation threatened to withdraw and not face Cameroon in the 8th round following the results of the Coronavirus tests, which revealed that 12 players, including two goalkeepers (and even the third goalkeeper who is complaining of muscle injury) are positive, along with the coach and his assistant

Tunisia will play the next game vs Nigeria without their head coach, and 12 players have tested positive for COVID

Maroco's player Faisal Fajr tested positive and the symptoms appeares on Ashraf Hakimi and Bonou

Last edited:
YES YES YES

We did it. With 12 players and the head coach who have COVID we beat Nigeria (best team in group stage).

We lost unexpectedly against Gambia to qualify as the 3rd of the group and with 1 day training before the game, Nigeria had 4 days training

No body expected that !

Last edited:
YES YES YES

We did it. With 12 players and the head coach who have COVID we beat Nigeria (best team in group stage).

We lost unexpectedly against Gambia to qualify as the 3rd of the group and with 1 day training before the game, Nigeria had 4 days training

No body expected that !

+ 2 new COVID cases (both of them played the last game vs Nigeria)

Therefore, if the two new cases are confirmed, we will have 17 COVID+ cases/ 28 players. We are the Champions!

But there will be players who will be cured

Wouldn't be surprised if Tunisia wins the competition in the end, it sounds like a typical story to be told in the future of how they won it with all these circumstances. Similar to the legend of Denmark coming straight from the beach to play Euro 92 in their flip flops eating McDonalds only :P Good luck for the next games

• Haha
Reactions: H_G
Back
Top Bottom