The Evo-Web Football Thoughts Blog

Lukaku's firmly thrown his toys out of the pram at Chelsea then.
I'm not sure about that. It was a long interview, mainly about Inter. The kast question was about Chelsea. Lukaku said that he likes to be at Chelsea, but that tactically the way Chelsea play doesn't suit him very well and then he said that he will have to work hard to adapt. I don't see the harm in all that. I've heard a couple of English podcast (Football Weekly of The Guardian is one of them) where people were saying that Tuchel is more to blame than Lukaku for excluding him from the match day sqaud against Liverpool (which is daft, imo). Anyway Lukaku apologized and has to pay a rather big fine...

The only downside is that he will hyper motivated against Spurs this evening. Not good.

I watched a classic Serie A game when going to bed last night.
Milan - Juventus (09/10 season)
Apart from all the stars that I miss seeing playing like Pirlo/Maldini/Del Piero/inzaghi/zamorano/trezeguet/etc etc.

A few things stood out ,remember Pippo Inzaghi being constantly offside back in the day ,no joke he had to have been offside 15 times this game.

The physicality of football then and now ,players flying everywhere.
Plus the lack of VAR ,so refreshing ,this game if played now should have had 5-10 penalties easily.

And as a bonus ,Cheillini looked 45 already back then ,even Pirlo and Maldini looked younger despite being 16 years older.

Last edited:
Rashford should stick to politics.
It was crazy to see both Rashford and Greenwood basically pissing away all the chances because of arrogance and attitude.
Kean was right, some of these players are walking over every manager, and the rest of the squad follows these guys or let them just do it...

Last edited:
Been trying to watch AFCON. The live games have just been taken down from the official CAF YouTube channel cos of copyright. What the fuck?!
Where? I'm watching Egypt v Nigeria right now on BeIN Sports. No issues

If the paid provider is down ( ONLY THEN :P ) i watch the matches on sportshub.stream, it has some pretty quality streams with the odd hiccups here and there of course.

Where? I'm watching Egypt v Nigeria right now on BeIN Sports. No issues

The official CAF YouTube channel was showing both the 4pm (UK) kick offs live yesterday. After about half an hour one cut out, and the other moments after showing:

20220111_182702.jpg

Bizarre.

I have other ways and means of watching but the YouTube channel was really convenient as I was 'working' at the time. 🥷

For what it's worth, I rooting for Morocco cos of the Zerouali (and to a much lesser extent, Belabed) connection! 0️⃣

I have absolutely no idea what or how, I ised to watch of their YouTube channel without any issue.

Great reference though, nonetheless they showed a Zerouali performance against Ghana.

Wait, was Belabed actually any good? Haven't heard about him since centuries

The official CAF YouTube channel was showing both the 4pm (UK) kick offs live yesterday. After about half an hour one cut out, and the other moments after showing:

View attachment 139605

Bizarre.

I have other ways and means of watching but the YouTube channel was really convenient as I was 'working' at the time. 🥷

For what it's worth, I rooting for Morocco cos of the Zerouali (and to a much lesser extent, Belabed) connection! 0️⃣
I didn't understand why (I was watching the streaming too)

If Beinsports have only the right to broadcast the matchs, why the official YT channel tried to stream it live !!

I didn't understand why (I was watching the streaming too)

If Beinsports have only the right to broadcast the matchs, why the official YT channel tried to stream it live !!

In the UK it's Sky Sports and BBC who have the rights. Sky are doing a terrible job. No analysis or anything, they've just committed a commentator and that's it. Waiting for the second half of this game and they've just played the title graphic for about five minutes now.

Perhaps CAF can stream it in some regions where no-one bought the rights.

Reactions: H_G
The referee in Tunisia's game gave -1 as an extra time.

The referee ended the game in the 89 minute 🤣 (before that he ended the game in 85 minute) despite there's 9 substituions and 2 penalties.

He stopped his watch for the water break, I think he forgot to resume the time

What happened that referee's watch was 10 minute behind the real time. So for him 80 minute is 90 minute.

Edit: The referee has apologized to the Tunisian's team after 20 minute of the whistle, the 4th referee asked Mali to resume the game, but they refused (CAF asked to resume the game) then tunisians said NO to take advantage of the situation

1641999814615.png

Last edited:

The referee ended the game in the 89 minute 🤣 (before that he ended the game in 85 minute) despite there's 9 substituions and 2 penalties.

What happened that referee's watch was 10 minute behind the real time. So for him 80 minute is 90 minute.

Edit: The referee has apologized to the Tunisian's team after 20 minute of the whistle, the 4th referee asked Mali to resume the game, but they refused (CAF asked to resume the game)

View attachment 139704

I saw it. Incredible scenes!

I saw it. Incredible scenes!
So now both Tunisian and Mali teams refuse to resume the game. The tunisians want to take advantage of this situation (cuz there's a possibility to play the match again).

Edit: Mali decided to resume the game, the tunisians said NO

Last edited:

Edit: The referee has apologized to the Tunisian's team after 20 minute of the whistle, the 4th referee asked Mali to resume the game, but they refused (CAF asked to resume the game) then tunisians said NO to take advantage of the situation

View attachment 139704
Absolutely crazy scenes! But what situation Tunisians will take advantage from?

Absolutely crazy scenes! But what situation Tunisians will take advantage from?
Well, there's two different opinions

One, thinks that the CAF law states that if a match is completed before the 90 minute, then the match will be replayed (there's the advantage)

And another lawyer (works for ES Tunis) thinks that the present situation (where a referee is wrong) is not provided for by the CAF law (also the organizers (match commissioner) decided to resume the match), and that Tunisians should have resumed

Last edited:
Another scandal

" The organization has the wrong anthem for Mauritania... 3 times! " The Murabitouns played without having heard their national anthem...

Chapter 5, second paragraph: "The referee cannot change his decision to resume the game after he learns of his mistake, or after consulting one of his assistants after the resumption of the game, or whether he himself announced the end of the first or second half (or the extra time), or after his departure from the stadium, or in the form of a final stop to the game.."
The law is clear. The referee cannot change his decision to end the game and leave the field.. Therefore, the decision of the referee (or the fourth referee who replaced him) to return the players to the field and resume the game is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom