Speculation Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Speculation Transfer 06/07 Thread

chelsea_fan said:
:lmao: ....... i hope he signs for a new club soon...i would like to see him play in europe....corinthians is doing absolute shit...

i think spain better suited for him than italy.

He is PERFECT for Spain: He's quick, he's talented, a good shooter, his style is flashy but effective, and also important is the fact that he speaks Spanish...easy for him to form friendships etc.

Milanista said:
I'm sure we dont have less money... we just dont have money to waste like Inter.

It surely seems so. I remember the days I was always excited on the Milan decisions, after the 3 dutchmen milan were always all over the really top quality players. In the last years it looks as milan can only get ageing players or players that simply don't stand up to the standards of AC Milan history. Ricardo Oliveira is a nice progressing player but can hardly be seen as a proven quality option that can really fill the blank of a guy like sheva.

Are you guys in finantial crisis? The whole milan team is ageing fast. Before you realise it Kaká will be walking all the oldmen around the park :)

That's a bad move from Sidwell IMHO...

Mauras said:
It surely seems so. I remember the days I was always excited on the Milan decisions, after the 3 dutchmen milan were always all over the really top quality players. In the last years it looks as milan can only get ageing players or players that simply don't stand up to the standards of AC Milan history. Ricardo Oliveira is a nice progressing player but can hardly be seen as a proven quality option that can really fill the blank of a guy like sheva.

Are you guys in finantial crisis? The whole milan team is ageing fast. Before you realise it Kaká will be walking all the oldmen around the park :)

The thing is complicated. Political businesses have a lot to do with it. As you might know, Silvio Berlusconi, owner of AcMilan and former prime minister of italian government, lost the election to Prodi in april. Most likely he does not want to spend much money now for AcMilan.
He has surely a lot of money, earned in some dirty ways too, and if he decides so, he can buy even Ronaldinho tomorrow. He just doesn't want so.

Right now it appears he wants a "big name" to please supporters after Sheva's departure. That would be Ronaldo, even if is a bad deal and he's not the right player we need. Unfortunately, the big scandal and the CL preliminary round did't do any good to our market campaign, we had to wait till now so we are out of options (the good options that we could have, like Tevez, are not the "big big name" that Berlusconi wants....he's a little bit stupid).

On the other hand, Inter had none of these problems. They were not involved in the scandal, so they could develope a strategy without troubles and rob Juventus. It is not a question of money, up to last season AcMilan bought the players they wanted, like Gilardino. It is a problem of strategy (no good investment on young stars, no projects), but they well opened their wallet when they felt like.

Mana Cerace said:
Right now it appears he wants a "big name" to please supporters after Sheva's departure. That would be Ronaldo, even if is a bad deal and he's not the right player we need. Unfortunately, the big scandal and the CL preliminary round did't do any good to our market campaign, we had to wait till now so we are out of options (the good options that we could have, like Tevez, are not the "big big name" that Berlusconi wants....he's a little bit stupid).

On the other hand, Inter had none of these problems. They were not involved in the scandal, so they could develope a strategy without troubles and rob Juventus. It is not a question of money, up to last season AcMilan bought the players they wanted, like Gilardino. It is a problem of strategy (no good investment on young stars, no projects), but they well opened their wallet when they felt like.

Thanks on the insightful explanation mate.

The probable signing of Ricardo Oliveira counters your story though... hardly a top star to replace Sheva, although a good player. Milan have kept the same squad over and over along the years, it's strange.

A question for italians: why doesn't anyone go for luca toni? His he underrated by other italian top clubs?

Inter wanted him and were close, but Fiorentina are run by the Delle Valle's, who are very powerful people. Fiorentina are offering full playing time and are based in the beautiful city of Florence... where money isnt a problem. So Toni eventually decided to stay.

For the last 2 years Toni began to prove himself. Hes reached 30 and is a late bloomer so its a little difficult to see whether he will be consistent. With Fiorentina and Palermo he was the lone striker, but at teams like Milan and Inter he will be with someone else.

Carlos Tevez (Corinthians) ->> Rennes (loan) :shock: :lol:

According to reports in France, Chelsea don't want Man Utd (their biggest title rivals) to buy Tevez, so they will buy him but he'll be loaned out to Rennes for a season since apparently Tevez doesn't appear in Mourinho's plans for this season.

Rennes have a good relationship with Chelsea, they sold Petr Cech to the London club in 2004.

Most likely BS rumour though. :lol:

Yes, Toni decided to stay after it was clear that Inter and Fiorentina would not reach an agreement. Just days before that, he begged Fiorentina to sell him.

Mauras said:
Can you give me a quick explanation why Milan has had less money in a consistent basis (forget about calciocaos, it's been like this in the past years) than Inter? Does Inter gather more money from ticket, TV, etc?

Milan seem more and more the poor fellows in the city.
This question has always bugged me too. Sure you dont want to waste it but still, you hardly spend as much as other teams with the same status.

And how many teams have we outperformed with the same status? Even with an 'oldman' defence we remain as an elite in Europe and have shown it in the last 6 years.

I agree but your current transfer policy is ruining my PES :) Milan used to be my option in meetings, I had to let them this season. :(

RuneEdge said:
This question has always bugged me too. Sure you dont want to waste it but still, you hardly spend as much as other teams with the same status.

Yes you're better off paying around 20 million euro's for Carrick :lol:.

Mauras said:
Thanks on the insightful explanation mate.

The probable signing of Ricardo Oliveira counters your story though... hardly a top star to replace Sheva, although a good player. Milan have kept the same squad over and over along the years, it's strange.

A question for italians: why doesn't anyone go for luca toni? His he underrated by other italian top clubs?

You're right, signing of Oliveira goes in a different direction from "getting a big name" philosophy. And that's the hint that this year they are in a lot of trouble, they literally don't know what to do and how to proceed (there were objective difficulties, as I previously told you). Does it seems a sign of good planning to go to Madrid, ask for Ronaldo, being rejected and then get on a train wondering "what's the nearests city in which they have a striker for sale? uhm....oh yeah, let's go to Seville!!", and then come back to Milan with Ricardo Oliveira?

That's clearly a desperate move. All this happens while Berlusconi said that he is longing for AcMilan to "move on his feet" without help from him, dealing with its own money.

I'll tell you, it's hard to understand the situation of AcMilan as for now. It's just a big storm, we have to let it pass and then look at the damage.

What were we supposed to do? We basically had 10 days to find a striker since entering the CL. Ricardo Oliveira is a good option compared to the rumors such as Iaquinta.

Milanista said:
What were we supposed to do? We basically had 10 days to find a striker since entering the CL. Ricardo Oliveira is a good option compared to the rumors such as Iaquinta.

I strongly disagree.

Oliveira is:

not used to SerieA
recovering from the most serious injury and not tested
expensive (more than Iaquinta)
less tactically flexible

I understand the rush situation of emergency, but in that case you could simply and most effectively bid for:

Suazo
Vucinic
Iaquinta

all of them are ready for SerieA, trustful, and not expensive.

One may say they are not worth of Milan (which I disagree), but, once you leave Ronaldo, Oliveira is surely no more "prestigious" than these three.

So...

I wanted Suazo, but then it seemed he wasnt going to move. Vucinic is a little like Gilardino and I'm sure hes going to Roma, and I dont think he is that great.

Oliveira has some good background, I'm not saying hes the best replacement, but I think he is a GOOD replacement. He might not start, but he recently played for Sao Paulo after his injury to get back in form, and would have been in the WC if it wasnt for his injury.
Milan is one of the biggest clubs in Italy so signing Oliveira might also be more effective for the team's marketing campaign around the world.

This is a stupid rumor, but Berlusconi hasnt denied the fact that his dream signing is Ronaldinho. Oliveira's agent is Ronaldinho's brother, and a 'cheap' signing this year might mean a big one next season....

Last edited:

foto-1.jpg

Edu
Dracena (Cruzerio) ----> Fenerbahçe

Marcus Bent (Charlton Athletic) ---> Birmingham City
Patrick Kluivert (Valencia) ---> Fulham
Juan Pablo Sorín (Villarreal) ---> Hamburg
Jonathan Woodgate (Real Madrid) ---> Liverpool, Middlesbrough
Vince Grella (Parma) ---> Tottenham Hotspur

Custódio(Sporting CP) ---> Galatasaray

Talks of a 6 million transfer.
I wished... this lame ass had to be substituted today so we could recover from a 0-1 start home and win 3-2. One of the most ridiculous DMFs ever to wear Sporting CP jersey, I pray that Gala takes him.

Patrick Kluivert (Valencia) ---> PSV
Mika Vayrynen (PSV) ---> Celta de Vigo
Modeste M'Bami (PSG) ---> Betis Sevilla
Stuart Downing (Middlesbrough) ---> Tottenham
Nigel Reo-Coker (West-Ham United) ---> Man. Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom