Sony PlayStation

I highly doubt controller drift in the Dualsense is a big issue. This is the first I have heard of it, and most controller types have had this happen to them in some capacity but then you send the bloody thing in for a repair. Only Nintendo seems to have got into hot water because of this and that was before they finally admitted it was a thing and started repairing it without being dongs about it. So what if it is a hassle to get repairs, it's still low in the PS5 problems count - Weird and non-user friendly AI, external HDD issues, internal SSD being barely enough for a couple of games, extra SSD slot unusable until God knows when, the console itself being almost completely unavailable for months, the list goes on. I'm calling this as barely an issue, just another USA lawsuit about something because it's kind of their thing.

edit: I will probably have controller drift out of the box since I wrote this, lol. But I won't have to worry about that for at least a year at this rate.

I have never experienced controller drift on the PS5.
After reading more about what it is, I realised that it happens all the time on the Switch.
Whenever I play Mario Kart, I notice that the cart will drive to the left or right during the race - Easy enough to compensate but it is pretty annoying.
Also happens in a few other games, where the characters will just randomly start running in a direction you didn't push.

Last edited:
Here's hoping they make a decent this time and not an extremely shite low resolution pile of garbage.

==================================================================

PlayStation has announced the next generation of its PSVR headset – but it won't necessarily be called PlayStation VR 2, and it won't be coming in 2021.

Sony confirmed that PSVR 2 will come to PS5, and will "connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience". It's described as "a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input." No images have been released of the device.

The headset will also come alongside the introduction of a new PSVR controller (seemignly replacing the PS Move wands), "which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics."

However, the headset won't be available this year: "There’s still a lot of development underway for our new VR system, so it won’t be launching in 2021", reads the blog post. "But we wanted to provide this early update to our fans, as the development community has started to work on creating new worlds for you to explore in virtual reality. "

Here's hoping they make a decent this time and not an extremely shite low resolution pile of garbage.

==================================================================

PlayStation has announced the next generation of its PSVR headset – but it won't necessarily be called PlayStation VR 2, and it won't be coming in 2021.

Sony confirmed that PSVR 2 will come to PS5, and will "connect to PS5 with a single cord to simplify setup and improve ease-of-use, while enabling a high-fidelity visual experience". It's described as "a next-gen VR system that enhances everything from resolution and field of view to tracking and input." No images have been released of the device.

The headset will also come alongside the introduction of a new PSVR controller (seemignly replacing the PS Move wands), "which will incorporate some of the key features found in the DualSense wireless controller, along with a focus on great ergonomics."

However, the headset won't be available this year: "There’s still a lot of development underway for our new VR system, so it won’t be launching in 2021", reads the blog post. "But we wanted to provide this early update to our fans, as the development community has started to work on creating new worlds for you to explore in virtual reality. "
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/introducing-the-next-generation-of-vr-on-playstation/

I can’t wait to get my hands on this and give it a try!

All right, PlayStation VR 2. The second PlayStation VR. What are we calling it at the moment?
We’re not calling it anything at the moment.

So the obvious question is what’s changed from the first headset?
So this will be a completely new VR format for PS5. PlayStation has considered VR as a strategic opportunity and a big innovation story. We think there are two themes that you’re going to see: us capturing the technological progress that has taken place since the present VR system came to market and a considerable amount of lessons learned. Because the present system was our first one. [Changes will be] things like moving to a very easy single-cord setup with this one and many other similar learnings. Dev kits are about to go out.

VR is getting a lot more traction now, but it’s still a nascent market. Why make a follow-up to the first headset?
We believe in VR and have been extremely happy with the results with the present PlayStation VR and think that we will do good business with our new VR system for PlayStation 5. More importantly, we see it as something beyond this coming iteration that really could be really big and really important. We like to innovate; we think our community likes us to innovate. I’d turn around the question and say, “Why not?” For us, it’s a very logical step to take. We’re very excited by it and we think that people who are going to make VR games for our new VR system are going to be very excited too.

So the big difference, which you mentioned there, is that it’s going to be one cord that you connect to your PlayStation 5…
That was a very simple and visible illustration of a lesson that we’ve learned from when iterating from the present system to the new one. We’re not actually releasing any specs at this stage. That will start to come over the course of this year when we’ll be talking more.

The PS5’s launch line-up was very bullish. Can we expect the same for this new PS VR?
We’re not saying anything specific today about any developer support, whether it’s our own studios or any of our publishing partners, but obviously we will launch our new VR system with appropriate software support.
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/playstation-vr-jim-ryan-interview-2021

I thought that it was a ok state off play which was focussed on what is coming out in the next few months which leaves whatever they do for E3 to focus on releases that come out from September onwards which I persume will show Horizon etc (don't think we will see God Of War this year).

I liked the gameplay glimpse of Kena, the deathloop trailer was really good and Sifu looks like an interesting game.

I don't think these events do Sony any favours.
Maybe around E3 time some more games will be shown, but probably most likely updated trailers of games already announced.
+ You will probably see enhanced versions of games like GTA and other previous gen games.

The main things I want to know about the PS5 are why did you only give 500GB of usable storage in the console and have the additional NVMe slot disabled?
When are they going to activate the additional slot?

Last edited:
I thought that it was a ok state off play which was focussed on what is coming out in the next few months which leaves whatever they do for E3 to focus on releases that come out from September onwards which I persume will show Horizon etc (don't think we will see God Of War this year).

I liked the gameplay glimpse of Kena, the deathloop trailer was really good and Sifu looks like an interesting game.
this!!

i liked the KENA gameplay and what was shown from SIFU! remembered my of Old Boy, the movie! i think i could like that! :D
the rest wasnt my type of games...

Celebrate your gaming year with PlayStation Wrap-Up 2020
To commemorate our collective journey, we’re pleased to bring back our year end wrap-up report, so you can reflect upon your many 2020 gameplay accomplishments.

Through March 2, 2021, PS4 players* can access their PlayStation 2020 Wrap-Up report and share their details with others, including trophies earned, top played games, play hours, and more. If you are a PS4 player and also played on PS5* in 2020, you can see a few general stats from your PS5 experience.

This year, you’ll also see some stats achieved collectively by PlayStation users in 2020, such as enemies collapsed in fear in Ghost of Tsushima, total hours played in The Last of Us Part II, and total home runs in MLB: The Show 20.
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/02/celebrate-your-gaming-year-with-playstation-wrap-up-2020/

Wrap-up Website here: https://www.wrapup.playstation.com/

Almost all of these games are coming to PS4 as well, so hype levels are not exactly off the charts, it is understandable as the developers want to sell their games, but I fear both Sony and Microsoft are going to lose a lot of sales because the excitement is simply going to die down throughout the year, people will be thinking of possible half-step consoles and if it might be smart to just wait for those, etc.

Plus the jump from 4 to 5 is just not that big, that FF7 bit showing comparison between the two generations told me jack shit, I suppose I could see a difference if I watched a 4k version while standing a meter from my TV but it will still be very slight, some lighting here, extra dust there, 60 frames here.

I don't know, there seemed to be real interest in these new consoles at the start but the whole manufacturing problem, which is not really their fault, is probably going to hurt them in the long run, the question is how much. I fear that the new consoles will get sold less, not just slower.

Last edited:
Almost all of these games are coming to PS4 as well, so hype levels are not exactly off the charts, it is understandable as the developers want to sell their games, but I fear both Sony and Microsoft are going to lose a lot of sales because the excitement is simply going to die down throughout the year, people will be thinking of possible half-step consoles and if it might be smart to just wait for those, etc.

Plus the jump from 4 to 5 is just not that big, that FF7 bit showing comparison between the two generations told me jack shit, I suppose I could see a difference if I watched a 4k version while standing a meter from my TV but it will still be very slight, some lighting here, extra dust there, 60 frames here.

I don't know, there seemed to be real interest in these new consoles at the start but the whole manufacturing problem, which is not really their fault, is probably going to hurt them in the long run, the question is how much. I fear that the new consoles will get sold less, not just slower.
I'm definitely holding until 2023 for a PS5 console. There might be a PS5 Pro until then. I already have a huge backlog of games on PS4 and PC (started a couple of days ago P5 Royal and I'm still on my first playthrough of Wasteland 3).
If MLB The Show 21 is phenomenal on PS5 I'll be in a huge dilemma to be honest but history proved that first iterations of next gen sports titles are never groundbreaking.

The PS5 is getting DVR support in Japan this year
Buffalo launching new Nasne hardware with boosted storage

Sony has announced that the PlayStation 5 will get DVR functionality in Japan by way of a new app that’ll work with its Nasne tuners. The app will be called Torne (pronounced to-ru-ne) and should be available later this year.

Torne was originally a TV tuner add-on for the PS3 that was released in 2010 and allowed you to save broadcast shows to your console’s hard drive and transfer them to a PSP or PS Vita. It was followed by Nasne, which added its own storage and worked more like a NAS drive, with the recordings available through a mobile app.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/16/22335149/ps5-nasne-dvr-app-japan-release-buffalo

i read that wrong... its just an App to stream stuff! nothing specific for PS5 hardware!
yeah, the exp. slot will be available this summer! about time! :)

I guess they are just signing the contracts with the highest bidder in order to get official stuff out in time.
But I hoping they will just allow any PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD to work or even better just any NVMe SSD, as real world reality is there is hardly any difference.

I guess they are just signing the contracts with the highest bidder in order to get official stuff out in time.
But I hoping they will just allow any PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD to work or even better just any NVMe SSD, as real world reality is there is hardly any difference.
i believe that Sony will offer to install any NVMe that is suitable (versus MS strategy), that kinda meets the specs of their own so the controller can take advantage! the controller is a huge part in that "harddrive" system, afaik!
there might be hardly any difference in pure specs... but what the system can do is something totally different, imo!

i believe that Sony will offer to install any NVMe that is suitable (versus MS strategy), that kinda meets the specs of their own so the controller can take advantage! the controller is a huge part in that "harddrive" system, afaik!
there might be hardly any difference in pure specs... but what the system can do is something totally different, imo!

Pure specs there is quite a difference between the SSD's.
But real world performance is incredibly similar.

I know the PS5 has one of the best spec'd SSD's on the market, but I can't say I have seen anything from it that makes it any better than anything else.

Pure specs there is quite a difference between the SSD's.
But real world performance is incredibly similar.

I know the PS5 has one of the best spec'd SSD's on the market, but I can't say I have seen anything from it that makes it any better than anything else.
you know, like i do, that first software that takes more advantage of the new systems will come 1-2 years after launch! lets talk again in summer 2022! ;)
there are some titles with better laoding times already. ground breaking: no! more comfort: yes!

03_withnotice.jpg

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/18/next-gen-vr-on-ps5-the-new-controller/

An Icelandic store is selling the PS5 digital at a scalper price, about 887 pounds. They still have some in stock, although some people with more money than brains have probably jumped on one already. This is a bizarre strategy, even if the machine is not available anywhere else, they will lose goodwill from customers, even if they make a few bob extra.

This is a bizarre strategy, even if the machine is not available anywhere else, they will lose goodwill from customers, even if they make a few bob extra.
I think at this point, nobody cares how ripped off they get - as long as it's an official retailer (so you're definitely getting a console out of it, and you're getting a receipt in-case it breaks down).

Here in the UK, all the retailers are bad - but GAME in-particular are absolute scumbags. I managed to get a PS5 but I had to buy it in a bundle that included a shirt (that just says "PLAYER 1" on the front) that isn't even my size, a game I didn't want, and an extra controller I didn't need. Over £100 of extra shit, just to get the PS5.

Others were getting the bundle with a shirt and media remote, but I knew I had zero chance of selling the media remote on. Who wants that?

I finally managed to get one, well two actually. Got a tip from somebody to join a telegram group that had a ps5 stock bot.
As soon as a company would drop ps5's you'd get a link to the company's website and be able to put it in the cart.
Some stressfull weeks as you had to be really ready for it (logged in, payment details added etc etc).

So one day i had nothing, then the next day i scored to. Sold the 2nd one to a mate at the regular price.

All in all i'm happy with it. Don't own any ps5 game - don't see a lot of them yet - but a lot of ps4 games play great / smoother on the ps5.

What is going on with Sony ? They hype State of Play for Weeks and.. showed one game we've seen it already, 10 second of another game that's a few years old and no one's playing it anymore and .. That it's thanks for watching ... I think they're acting arrogant or are out of touch with the gamers .

Back
Top Bottom