Sony PlayStation

"If you guys didn't think th PS5 Pro was expensive enough, here's a 30th anniversary version"

Still, this all looks very nice.
I love that aesthetic, really love it.

But I also love the first comment - "if it's truly authentic to the original, it needs a disc drive"...

So the anniversary edition is only being sold in a bundle,

1x PS5 Pro
1x Extra controller
1x charging station
1x Disk drive cover

So an additional £150 on top of the console price for shit no one wants.

"If you guys didn't think th PS5 Pro was expensive enough, here's a 30th anniversary version"

Still, this all looks very nice.
500 for some grey plates....ignore some of the PS1 engravings on the console itself, but the PS5 was itself about the plates you can customize. But now we go three consoles for that ten PS5 exclusive games available.

The only way this console edition would make sense is if it had full backwards compatibility to play any PS1 --> PS5 games.
That's why I kept my PS3. First of all to play the classic footy games from that time but also to play my collection of PS1 games without needing a memory card.

That's why I kept my PS3. First of all to play the classic footy games from that time but also to play my collection of PS1 games without needing a memory card.
I still have PS3 up in the attic. Didn't know I could play PS1 games on it.
Need to see if I can get a controller for it.

Sony could very easily make the console backward compatible with the PS1/PS2 through emulation and then allow the reselling of classic games in the store.
There is quite a few games from PS1/PS2 which I am sure some people would buy £5-£10 for, if they don't have a PC to emulate them on.

The PS3 though is incredibly difficult to emulate due to the choice by Sony to use they own processor for that generation - With the latest update from RPCS3 only 69% of PS3 games are playable - But Sony should be able to get this much higher as they would write the emulator themselves.

Sounds exciting if true:

sony-appears-to-leak-many-games-from-state-of-play-1.900x.jpg

Ghost of Yotei looks siiiiiiiiick

More Astrobot soon, very nice.

The Hell is Us game looked very cool.

Nice to get those Soul Reaver remasters, I always meant to play those back in the day.

Similarily I can finally try Dino Crisis when it comes to Plus.

There was even an interesting VR game there.

A very solid State of Play.

Last edited:
I might of been stupid and pre-ordered one.
But they are now out of stock with Sony and not sure when they are going to start pre-orders with 3rd Party's.

Also I am a PC graphics tart... SO...

Back
Top Bottom