Sony PlayStation

Someone's just made the point on Twitter, that GTA V was a PS3 game, then ported to PS4, and now the PS5? Come on, man.

Genuinely laughed out loud four times during the event - at the "play GTA V again" bit, at the name "Returnity" (cringe), at the Goodbye Volcano High trailer (what the fuck), and by the console design.

As the other half said, "what is that, a gay villain's lair?"

I'm a huge gamer, new console reveals are like Christmas for me. This year Santa took a dump down my chimney...

I don't know what you guys are whining about :LMAO:

I was watching the Giant Bomb stream and I was actually more impressed than I thought I would be. That Rachet and Clank game looked insane, instant loading shown well off there. No way a PS4 is doing that. And Horizon: Wild West or whatever? Looked absolutely incredible.The Spider-Man game is out next holiday so maybe it's a bit smaller than the first one? Whatever, I'd get that in a heartbeat if I was getting a PS5 next holiday. Resi 8 looked really good. That and Hitman 3 are multi plat for sure but still so much stronger than the Multi platform games Xbox was showing off. A lot of new IPs that looked good (A game where you play as a cat? Let's f*cking go), others that looked less impressive. All in all, just a lot of stuff in there. And that console looks wild! I'm into it!
EaQtws1WAAg9LcZ.jpg
Roll on next spring when I might actually get one!

I enjoyed that.

Some good first party games coming. I really enjoyed Spiderman and HZD so looking forward to the squeals. I enjoyed some of the smaller games, particularly Little Devil Inside. Then you have the likes of Ratchet and Clank which is always good and fun to play, on top of that there will be the cross platform titles such as Assassins Creed etc and I am happy to pay to buy the PS5.

Who's getting Bugsnax on day one :DANCE::DANCE: !!!!!

Kidding aside, I don't know, the games seemed OK, just nothing that would make me say : I want this now. I am happy they offer a digital solution now, hopefully drops the price around $100 maybe?
The console looks... interesting. it doesnt look bad, it's just something I dont know if I'd put (or my wife would want) in the living room...
I don't know if maybe I expected more mindblowing graphics, but bring on the multi plat games.. I want to see what EA and Konami can do.

Ok, that was as rubbish as the Xbox reveal.

TBH I have no interest in playing platformers, it was almost as if the reveal was for 12 year olds.

The console itself looks pretty much like the old Sky HD box but in white and I am incredibly concerned about the size of the unit in the 3D renders.
I mean seriously with the amount of power these systems are apparently going to have, you would expect them to be chunkier so that they would have adequate cooling.

Anyway I will purchase the disc drive version on release either way.

Reactions: OPM
@Steve-O21 gave me an idea for one last crazy prediction. Rockstar games presents comes on screen, fades out, then there is a cursor on a computer screen and the word "Agent" gets typed in, hangs on that a bit and then continues until it spells "Agent Gabriel Logan".

Oh shit it's Syphon Filter by Rockstar games!

The very first thing that popped on the screen during that presentation was the Rockstar logo and all I could do was laugh :LMAO:!
Thoughts 15 mins in...

A superhero game (blah), GTA V (a game we've already got, what the fuck?), a Gran Turismo that had a clear "cutscene" section followed by a really disappointing actual gameplay section (that looked identical to the game we've already got), and a sequel nobody asked for (Ratchet & Clank).

I know it will get better from here, but fuuuuck.

I'm excited for Spider-Man because I thought the first one was so well executed. Plus, Holiday 2020 release date! Did not expect that. Partially agree re: GT and R&C not moving the needle, but I was impressed with how smooth everything seemed/non-existent load times.
Bugsnax.........

I did like that the kiwi birds are made out of kiwi fruits! My daughter would love this, but it's a hard pass from me.
I don't know what you guys are whining about :LMAO:

I was watching the Giant Bomb stream and I was actually more impressed than I thought I would be. That Rachet and Clank game looked insane, instant loading shown well off there. No way a PS4 is doing that. And Horizon: Wild West or whatever? Looked absolutely incredible.The Spider-Man game is out next holiday so maybe it's a bit smaller than the first one? Whatever, I'd get that in a heartbeat if I was getting a PS5 next holiday. Resi 8 looked really good. That and Hitman 3 are multi plat for sure but still so much stronger than the Multi platform games Xbox was showing off. A lot of new IPs that looked good (A game where you play as a cat? Let's f*cking go), others that looked less impressive. All in all, just a lot of stuff in there. And that console looks wild! I'm into it!
View attachment 46338
Roll on next spring when I might actually get one!

Agreed re: first party titles. I'm scared of all horror games, so no RE8 for me. Hitman looked alright. The gameplay they showed went by in the blink of an eye though and really just felt like an extension of the trailer. I'm eager to see more gameplay for Returnal.

I'm going to rewatch the presentation with commentary from Kinda Funny Games to pick up on things that I missed. Wanted to make up my own mind first before I listen to others.

I could hear gamers everywhere collectively groan when they showed off the console and controller in white paint: It's just begging for coffee stains, cheetoh dust, etc. to ruin that aesthetic.

Kinda Funny guys are going to be bloody hyped about this, I bet.

Not a word about backwards compatibility, seem pretty obvious that it will be for PS4 and that will be it. That's a shame, I guess they didn't want to go through the hassle of getting new licences for the older games.

Kinda Funny guys are going to be bloody hyped about this, I bet.

Not a word about backwards compatibility, seem pretty obvious that it will be for PS4 and that will be it. That's a shame, I guess they didn't want to go through the hassle of getting new licences for the older games.

Backwards compatibility will be PS4 only, the PS3 used the CELL processor which apparently is near impossible to emulate.

What are the bets going for price? 499U$ for digital?
I still don't know what to think about the design. Looks like a fan concept from 2010. What does it look like? A router? A half open pant zipper? Female genitalia? A bmw i8?
I think they must have made some magic to make it look that thin with all that horsepower is supposed to have. Seems it has a bunch of vents and fans so hopefully it's not so loud.

Not a fan of the the white look of the console. Black would be better I think. Still, it's what's inside that matters, I suppose.
$449.00 digital
$499.00 disc

This was pretty underwhelming list of games besides RE8 which is not even an exclusive and we knew already about. On top not even one single game showing off graphically the power of the new console, better stick to current gen for two more years for me.

Despite im having the PS5 console already, if anyone is interested we can discuss a fair price.

Attachments

• 103834260_932022520573907_9010368927431656157_n.jpg
    103834260_932022520573907_9010368927431656157_n.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 19
Not fan of the console design, but Horizon :BLINK:
Like Chris Davies GT7 look like GT Sport, but I remember when PD show GT Sport the first time look shit and now it's incredible and fantastic HDR

1. everybody's life matters

2. people are disobeying social distancing rules to protest while there's a deadly virus on the loose. black people and elderly folks at most at risk. I think black people's and elderly people lives matter, no? so tell me where are the ELDERLY LIVES MATTER protests?

3. politics is in every walk of life...perhaps. but there's no reason why it should be forced upon me in my games - unless of course that game is based on current politics e.g. like a Civ game or something.

4. The link EA have dished out is this : https://www.ea.com/en-gb/news/ea-actions-against-racial-injustice . In it they mention a global outcry for change. What if that change is already happening? What if the majority of us already know how to get on with each other and respect each other? The more the issue of racism is flagged up the more divided we become.

anyways made my point. you'll understand one day.

oh and I didn't report you.
Unbelievable... People actually think like this???

So no one mention this part ? i think it's easy to broken :BLINK:

Attachments

• PES.jpeg
    PES.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 22
demon souls
demon souls

i dont wanna waste money on big console but

demon 🐑
motherfucking 🐑
souls 🐑

i never played the original but always wanted to

sony dont do sheep bebe like that 🐑

So no one mention this part ? i think it's easy to broken :BLINK:

How should these parts be broken?
What you do with your hardware? 😅

Im just unsure about the design.
I kindly liked it while watching the stream last night, but i thought it would be a smaller Console and not that huge. If its really as big as shown on the comparison, i guess its pretty sh***...
Just waiting for pricing release, ive seen a dummy of PS5 article launched at amazon for around 670 EURO - that would be a huge amount for me, so i would use these 670 euro to put into some gaming pc hardware. Just my point here.

So lets see how the price will fit to the specs and stuff. Hopefully game pricing will not rise again.

Back
Top Bottom