Sony PlayStation

Yeah the launch lineup is crap but there are some great exclusives coming to the PS5 next year and beyond.

It’s why I always buy both Xbox and PlayStation these days. Xbox for the multiplats because it’s more powerful and has a better controller, PlayStation for the exclusives like TLOU etc.
awesome, you had the chance to test the new DS?! :) and the xbox controller is still better?! is it in general or just your personal taste?
when you compare both controller, what are the pros and cons?

maybe i got you wrong and you are talking about the current gen controller.

Looks like one has to open it up once in a while to collect dust from those dust traps. I like how the Sauron horns on top are actually practical in the way you pull them back to release the side panels. Adding an SSD down the road seems easy as well.
The lack of an optical port is a crime, though.

Looks like one has to open it up once in a while to collect dust from those dust traps. I like how the Sauron horns on top are actually practical in the way you pull them back to release the side panels. Adding an SSD down the road seems easy as well.
The lack of an optical port is a crime, though.
ahhhhh... dont spoil it! :LOL:

i wanna watch this myself... but thanks mate! :D i will keep away now from this thread!

'kin hell. Heat sink is HUGE😮
Looks like the PS5 is a steal for the price. White panels are ugly though. Will wait to get a black one.

The lack of an optical port makes setting up my audio system with a PS5 a huge hassle. Just makes it easier for me to hold of buying one, don't really see one in my life until about this time next year. Probably in time for that new PES.

I always preferred hdmi due to its support for more and better quality signals. But I get that some users are a bit upset over loosing the optical.
to me it’s a step into the future. Remember when apple dropped the analog audio jack and a lot of users where raving...?!
It’s a similar situation in my eyes.

awesome, you had the chance to test the new DS?! :) and the xbox controller is still better?! is it in general or just your personal taste?
when you compare both controller, what are the pros and cons?

maybe i got you wrong and you are talking about the current gen controller.
OK I accept the sarcasm - I’m buying both consoles and have always bought both, I’m giving honest criticism on my personal experiences with both consoles over the years. So I’m not doing the fanboy thing :)

But I’ve preferred the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers to the cheap feeling DualShock 3 and 4. I hate the triggers on the PlayStation controllers, the Xbox ones are better quality.

The DualSense does look much better though I look forward to trying it out.

(I’ve edited this - couldn’t tell the tone of your post so apologies if I’ve misunderstood)

Last edited:
OK I accept the sarcasm!

But I’ve preferred the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers to the cheap feeling DualShock 3 and 4. I hate the triggers on the PlayStation controllers, the Xbox ones are better quality.

The DualSense does look much better though I look forward to trying it out.
;)

Yeah, I always preferred the X trigger. So much better for racing!! Overall, I like the DS4 better... I need symmetrical sticks for example. The Xpad as a whole felt more expensive but I can’t stand the form.

I’m really looking forward to the DS and it’s triggers. The haptic feedback and overall built quality im interested as well.

;)

Yeah, I always preferred the X trigger. So much better for racing!! Overall, I like the DS4 better... I need symmetrical sticks for example. The Xpad as a whole felt more expensive but I can’t stand the form.

I’m really looking forward to the DS and it’s triggers. The haptic feedback and overall built quality im interested as well.
Haptic feedback is such good news. Plus the controller looks bigger - I found the PS4 controller was still a little too small for my huge hands.

At the end of the day it’s all about games though. The PlayStation still has a far better library to choose from in my opinion :)

Haptic feedback is such good news. Plus the controller looks bigger - I found the PS4 controller was still a little too small for my huge hands.

At the end of the day it’s all about games though. The PlayStation still has a far better library to choose from in my opinion :)
yes, over the years it felt like a toy. i had some pro controllers from namco (edit: Nacon) at home (better trigger and everything built much better (from steal and such)). but for games like PES i coundt use the worthy triggers. there was to much power working against me. for racing games i liked that a lot...!

i so hope that i can set the power of the trigger myself too, like you can switch buttons. from the looks, the new DS is better quality now, more towards the namco pads, imo. i like the new shape of the touchpad and the leds underneath it.

it is about the software in the end! i'm so with you on this!!!

have you seen what the "ribbled" surface of the DS is made of...? :)

edit: i want to watch the teardown video first but have you seen that PS5 heatsink!? OMG! that is a beast!
im still positive... very. come on november 19th! :D

Last edited:
yes, over the years it felt like a toy. i had some pro controllers from namco at home (better trigger and everything built much better (from steal and such)). but for games like PES i coundt use the worthy triggers. there was to much power working against me. for racing games i liked that a lot...!

i so hope that i can set the power of the trigger myself too, like you can switch buttons. from the looks, the new DS is better quality now, more towards the namco pads, imo. i like the new shape of the touchpad and the leds underneath it.

it is about the software in the end! i'm so with you on this!!!

have you seen what the "ribbled" surface of the DS is made of...? :)

edit: i want to watch the teardown video first but have you seen that PS5 heatsink!? OMG! that is a beast!
im still positive... very. come on november 19th! :D
Namco or Nacon?

I wonder if sony will sell other backplates... An all black PS5 would look nice and maybe help it look a bit less big. That thing is huge. Still looks good and easy to open up and upgrade storage so thats good news.
Looks like both consoles are working on dissipating heat and its great both hands on said both consoles run quiet.

I wonder if sony will sell other backplates... An all black PS5 would look nice and maybe help it look a bit less big. That thing is huge. Still looks good and easy to open up and upgrade storage so thats good news.
Looks like both consoles are working on dissipating heat and its great both hands on said both consoles run quiet.

30 minute job spraying that Matt black and sealing with a Matt clear coat

I really hope the PS5 isn't loud.
The cooling on it looks absolute shit, cheap arse fan trying to cool that whole heatsink - Internal PSU too..

The good thing though, is looks really easy to take apart and replace the thermal paste and add an additional NVMe SSD.

Can't wait for mine, so I can play errmm.. That game.. That exclusive which is coming out... You all know the game I am talking about right?

I really hope the PS5 isn't loud.
The cooling on it looks absolute shit, cheap arse fan trying to cool that whole heatsink - Internal PSU too..
As soon as I saw that fan, I recognised it from my PS4 Pro, and I thought to myself "fuck you Sony".

I'm really intrigued as to what the haptic controller adds to games - that might bring me back eventually. But I don't trust that fan ONE BIT.

As soon as I saw that fan, I recognised it from my PS4 Pro, and I thought to myself "fuck you Sony".

I'm really intrigued as to what the haptic controller adds to games - that might bring me back eventually. But I don't trust that fan ONE BIT.

The controller will be like the Siraxis - Remember the absolute game changing PS3 controller?

Guys, how come you are so pessimistic?! :LOL:

But ok. PS5 will be as loud as the PS4 and the new DS is the same as the Sixaxis! ^^ Sad times (For some)! :LMAO: enjoy!!

;)

I think the cooling system will be OK, even if the fan looks like the PS4, the internals and form factor are completely different. that gigantic monolith has those big vents to blow out all the heat . Hard to judge just by a teardown. Just one more month to find out, but I think PS5 will be fine. Maybe it even runs a bit cooler than the xbox due to tis size

Controller haptics might add to the game, but at the end wont make a big difference, its all small gimmicks like the sixaxis or the kinect in an attempt to differentiate itself from the competition, bc each gen they basically offer the same things.

At the end of the day all controllers are just gimmicks.
The Siraxis, Kinnect - Even to some extent the Wii was built on a controller gimmick.

The only controller I have used that is really special is the Xbox Elite Controllers, and you pay for it to be special.
Otherwise you just need controllers for certain games like steering wheels and flight sticks.

We will see what the PS5 pad will add, but I am thinking not much - I wish PS would release an elite controller like XB.

At the end of the day all controllers are just gimmicks.
The Siraxis, Kinnect - Even to some extent the Wii was built on a controller gimmick.

The only controller I have used that is really special is the Xbox Elite Controllers, and you pay for it to be special.
Otherwise you just need controllers for certain games like steering wheels and flight sticks.

We will see what the PS5 pad will add, but I am thinking not much - I wish PS would release an elite controller like XB.
https://www.nacongaming.com/en-GB/accessories/controllers/playstation
pretty good quality, imo.

Isn’t a gimmick something that isn’t really needed? How am I supposed to play a game without a controller? Only keyboard and mouse comes to my mind. Is a VR headset a controller?

https://i.redd.it/xkcuke00c0s51.jpg
xkcuke00c0s51.jpg

4hw1zf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom