Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
31st July: Mafia 2
31st July: Spec Ops: The Line

They'll do for me, especially the first two :)

All three will do for me :)

That's what I like about this service, it's getting me to enjoy games I otherwise wouldn't be inclined to buy. I've already played some cool games like Catherine this way.

That said, I now have a huge catalogue of games I simply don't have the time to play!

Bit of a disappointing month this month, but glad I signed up when they were offering Uncharted 3, as since finishing The Last of Us I think I will give the Uncharted games ago.

You can probably pick-up the first one for under £10 and the second is on PS store for just £7 at the moment. Well worth it.

:WORSHIP:

PS4 Will Run Significantly Cooler Than PS3

For the most part, new hardware is always iffy. It's a big reason why many consumers wait until the manufacturer has worked out all the initial kinks.

But you might not have to worry with the PlayStation 4. While we can't predict its reliability, we have heard that due to lower energy consumption and hence, a lower heat level, the system could be pretty solid.

According to NowGamer, the PS4 has been approved for FCC registration. That occurrence has led to a few interesting pieces of information, such as the fact that the PS4 will run at 5-35 degrees Celsius, much lower than the PS3's average of 45-55. Over 60 degrees and you ran the risk of the dreaded "Yellow Light of Death." That wasn't as catastrophic as the "Red Ring of Death" for the Xbox 360, but it still got into the news. We don't want any bad lights next time around!

We also learned that Sony's new platform has a max clock efficiency of 2.75GHz and weighs in at about 2.8kg. That's higher than the current PS3's 2.1 kg but remember that the latter console has gotten lighter over the years; it actually debuted at a massive 5kg. Looks like the PS4 is ahead of the game on multiple fronts!

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/549.html

Well that's very reassuring. Kinda scary how close to 60 the ps3 could run. No wonder I had a good number breakdown.

The PS4 is really really ugly and the controller is the worst controller I have seen in a long time, really hope I can use my PS3 controllers.

Seriously we live in a day and age now where surely we don't expect stuff to be made out of cheap shitty plastic, this is the iPhone age where everything has to look good and have a certain build quality, but guessing Sony never got the me

The more and more I see the PS4, the more I am thinking XBone. If the PS4 didn't have the better eventual exclusives and I didn't have a PC I would be getting an XBone.

Last edited:

PS4 controller looks terrific and all the reports I've seen so far suggest it feels great too. the PS4 looks sexy enough--probably more so in person. If consoles had the build quality of an Iphone they'd probably cost at least twice as much.

LOL it's good to play PES every now and then, teaches you never, ever to complain about something in Fifa again when this is the alternative, other than adding boots that magically make players run faster there's nothing different here from PES 4 when I stopped playing it, shocking.

Naah just I go off Fifa July/August when teams have changes and league standings have changed etc etc but wanted to play some football so figured I'd get PES2013 and see how it is :)

Just start the download then cancel, ties the game to your account forever without using the hard drive space until you're ready to play the game ;)

I do that, but already have lots of games in the line since i have both US and EU Plus accounts :P

I want NFS and Mafia 2 since the Spec Ops i already played and enjoyed a lot, great story.

Back
Top Bottom