Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2012/13 Season

Well, obviously there's streams. I have a dish where I can get Al Jazeera and Sky Calcio channels, so I can literally watch every Serie A and Serie B match.

My parents have Sky Italy, and live in Italy. I'm using their subscription through my iPad via a VPN.

If you're in London, there are a few bars that show most games.

Ah I see! Unfortunately I'm not in London, so that isn't the option.

It looks like it'll have to be streams for me! I just want to be able to watch all of the games, rather than just one.

Hi everyone, I've been managing to watch some Serie A games whilst at home on ESPN but I really want to watch more Italian football.

For those of you who are based in England (if there are any) how do you manage to view the games?

Any response would be appreciated, thank you!

You could try your local Italian restuarant. A lot of the ones near where I live have Italian Sky so show two matches on Saturday (late afternoon and then evening) and 2-3 on Sunday (sometimes a morning match then an afternoon match then an evening match) - this was the case 1-2 years ago, I know there are sometimes Friday and Monday matches now in addition to the Tuesday / Wednesday ones.

There was some place called "Bar Italia" in central London where apparently they used to show ever match on different tvs, and you could go there just order a drink and watch it all. Also there was/is a place called something like the "Famous Three Kings" in West Kensington / Hammersmith which shows live football from all over the world every evening.

hey edmundo! i haven't seen u in here in a while :)) are u still watching serie a? i seem to remember u had a soft spot for lazio and napoli, am i right?

Well, Totti has hit 225 goals to become joint 2nd all time scorer in Serie A. Legend.

if u consider that he's played for about half his carreer as a midfielder, this stat is absolutely crazy. meazza, baggio, del piero, batistuta, boninsegna, inzaghi, mancini, crespo, vieri, shevchenko, trezeguet, vialli..... all played as strikers for their entire carreer (and almost all of them spent their entire carreer in serie a).... and yet they're all behind him.

however i still mantain that turning into a striker was a terrible decision. as a striker totti has been a world class player, no doubt about that...... but as a midfielder, he was one of the all time greatests.
i've honestly never seen anyone playing like he did at midfield. not iniesta, not zidane, not platini. as a trequartista he was something absolutely unique (meaning he played that role differently from any other player i've ever seen).

I think Totti's peak was during Capello's Roma. He was playing behind the strikers and was absolutely out of this world. He was scoring crazy free kicks, cucchiaios, rockets.... it was pure entertainment along with Cassano.

Although Milan had a special 21 year old called Kaka that time too, which gave us the title :P

Anyway, Sannino for Palermo again?

I think Totti's peak was during Capello's Roma. He was playing behind the strikers and was absolutely out of this world. He was scoring crazy free kicks, cucchiaios, rockets.... it was pure entertainment along with Cassano.

yep. for me what really stood out about his game was his passing. it was absolutely mind boggling. when it comes to his passing game (especially his first touch passing game) he was just uncomparable to any other trequartista i've ever seen.. once he turned into a striker his vision and passing obviously became less relevant to his game (wich is why i think it was a shame he changed role).
Milanista said:
Anyway, Sannino for Palermo again?
honestly, at this point, nothing would surprise me :(
that would make it 5 coaches in 1 season..... i wonder if that would be a european record :P

Last edited:

hey edmundo! i haven't seen u in here in a while :)) are u still watching serie a? i seem to remember u had a soft spot for lazio and napoli, am i right?

Yeah I'm still watching it, it's a bit harder now as ESPN UK seem to have trimmed down their Serie A coverage from 3/4 matches each weekend to 1/2 matches. Here is a channel that has the rights to Bundesliga, Serie A, Russian League and French League yet now it shows more and more of Cage Fighting (UFC or whatever its called), NASCAR racing and Skiing, and less live football (which it now tends to show as re-runs on week day mornings).

It's been an interesting season so far, and it seems to have picked up a bit in quality after a bit of a slow (or poor) start. Its also good to see some of the teams doing well in Europe. Milan have really turned it around and after stumbling in the league at the start and squeezing through what should have been a reasonable CL group they have been going very well through the new year, to the point where I think they have a great chance of finishing 2nd and getting that automatic CL spot.

Lazio have faded quite a bit in the last few weeks, but I think this down to the Europa League. People talk a lot about Spurs and how well they have done in Europe but this Lazio team finished above them in the groups and since Christmas has beaten Gladbach and now Stuttgart (4th and 6th in the Bundesliga last year). I don't know if it's fatigue, travel or simply then playing games too close to each other (Thursday night to Sunday or Monday night) but Lazios league form has suffered at the expense of the Europa form. Similarly Napoli have gone right off the boil and their form seemed to take a bit of a nose dive around the time they lost to Pilsen in the Europa League. Juventus had slipped a little domestically but Napoli, instead of taking advantage and closing the gap slumped even worse and now are in danger of missing out on CL football next season.

In fact every Italian team in Europe except Udinese made it to the knockout rounds after Christmas and this is very good for Serie A as it means it might be able to get back to having 4 CL teams again, although which country it will have to overtake (England, Germany, Spain) is anyone's guess. Udinese have been the only real bad performers in Europe this season for Italy, losing to a poor Braga side in the CL playoff (who themselves finished bottom of the easiest CL group in years) was pretty bad, but to then finish last in their Europa League group was even worse.

Ah I see! Unfortunately I'm not in London, so that isn't the option.

It looks like it'll have to be streams for me! I just want to be able to watch all of the games, rather than just one.

I was paying for SuperSorts (kind of sky sport here in Kosovo) , until last year , but I think its a bit high and im not paying for it anymore , but I'm just going to watch matchs in pub (who is way more fun than at home) we have a lot of sport pubs over here who show a lot of match's in same time with different tv's , i go there for CL matchs or like yesterday matchs Liverpool vs Tottenham & Man utd vs Chelsea (i go there with my buddy's who all support united) its way much more fun than watch alone at home of just few people :P also those places are always with people up to 50 persons are in every match when its derby matchs its like up to 100 and you feel like you are in stadium LOL

other than that I just use Sopcast great streaming it show most f serie a matchs and most of la liga ones too , sometimes they dont have many of premier league but serie a its always on sopcast , and quality its "like" on tv , really quality and never freeze or lag ! i strongly suggest you sopcast to watch serie a matchs buddy and you can watch them for free :D

I was paying for SuperSorts (kind of sky sport here in Kosovo) , until last year , but I think its a bit high and im not paying for it anymore , but I'm just going to watch matchs in pub (who is way more fun than at home) we have a lot of sport pubs over here who show a lot of match's in same time with different tv's , i go there for CL matchs or like yesterday matchs Liverpool vs Tottenham & Man utd vs Chelsea (i go there with my buddy's who all support united) its way much more fun than watch alone at home of just few people :P also those places are always with people up to 50 persons are in every match when its derby matchs its like up to 100 and you feel like you are in stadium LOL

other than that I just use Sopcast great streaming it show most f serie a matchs and most of la liga ones too , sometimes they dont have many of premier league but serie a its always on sopcast , and quality its "like" on tv , really quality and never freeze or lag ! i strongly suggest you sopcast to watch serie a matchs buddy and you can watch them for free :D

Ah, that's absolutely brilliant! Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely have to check it out this weekend!

Ah, that's absolutely brilliant! Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely have to check it out this weekend!

yeah you must check it , its really cool , just about to watch tonight la liga match Zaragoza vs Granada match and I can tell you that i love this app , cheek a screen shot from match ;)

matchf.png

sorry for :OT:

Sopcast is really good but the best streams are always in Russian, which is kind of unfortunate, I prefer English commentary.

it was a very dull, a typical 0-0 game. milan were lucky to get those two goals and the win. palermo was so poor as well (arevalo rios being their only attacking threat(!)). and apart from one two good dribblings and a nice long pass to boateng in the second half, balotelli didn't impress me at all. I never get all the hype around him anyway, tbh.

it was a very dull, a typical 0-0 game. milan were lucky to get those two goals and the win. palermo was so poor as well (arevalo rios being their only attacking threat(!)). and apart from one two good dribblings and a nice long pass to boateng in the second half, balotelli didn't impress me at all. I never get all the hype around him anyway, tbh.

Game was boring but to deny Mario
Any credit is ridiculous, that's what goal scorers do, they put ball in back of net bro

oh mate please check his goal records and tell me if he is a goal getter due so much credit then. I'd approve him as a goal scorer if he keeps this form at Milan but for now, only time will tell if he's a player worth all that hype. and for today, his first one was a pen and the second one was thanks to palermo keeper's blunder (sort of). so he gets no special credit from me.

oh mate please check his goal records and tell me if he is a goal getter due so much credit then. I'd approve him as a goal scorer if he keeps this form at Milan but for now, only time will tell if he's a player worth all that hype. and for today, his first one was a pen and the second one was thanks to palermo keeper's blunder (sort of). so he gets no special credit from me.

A goal like that counts for the same amount as a bicycle goal

Serie a was great today , watched derby Inter vs Juve and that was a hell of match , shame it was on same time as Lazio vs Catania and Palermo vs Roma would love to see this 2 matchs too !

and I only saw Torino vs Napoli from min 75 and I feel like I have miss a lot but still I saw last 15 so better than nothing , maybe it was match of season ? (so far from what I saw it was) :D

glad our Albanian guy scored hattrick today :) well done Blerim Xhemaili ;)

btw could someone tell me how Napoli goalkepper Rosati was so far ?

Any thoughts about Di Canio and Sunderland ?
What do Italian people think about the image of the "fascist" Di Canio.
I heard James Richardson about DI Canio and his fascism. He said Di Canio has some negative things to say about Mussolini in his autobiography, but that this part is forgotten by foreigners. He also says that Italians are rather realistic when assessing Mussolini, they see all the bad things he has done but also don't hesitate to mention the positive things he did. In most other countries there is a taboo around historic vilains like Mussolini and Hitler. Italians are more open minded in their judgment of Mussolini. According to Richardson who interviewed Di Canio about this, DI Canio is not the racist most English people make of him. Any thoughts about this from the Italian people of this forum.

PS: Torino-Napoli 3-5 must have been a hell of a match...

Absolutely gutted I missed Torino vs Napoli. I wish my home had internet decent enough to actually stream it.

that is so not cool....
u've changed, man. :((

:DD jokes aside, the situation is actually even more ridiculous than it looks from that pic. u see, that picture considers a 27 years span (wich is a pretty long period)..... whereas more than half of those coaches (from glerean on) were fired during zamparini's tenure.... 27 coaches in just 11 year:CONFUSE:
Gerd said:
What do Italian people think about the image of the "fascist" Di Canio.
di canio isn't really a fascist.... he's just an ignorant.... and an idiot (coz only an idiot would talk about fascism without having ever opened an history book in his life). he's kinda like those teenagers who like to call themselves comunists, only because they like to wear a t-shirt with che guevara's face on it..... or those pathetic losers who call themselves anarchists only because they read proudhon.
what makes di canio absolutely not believable as a fascist is the fact that he openly talks about it.
u see, real fascists in italy (and i'm sure there are still a few hidden somewhere) never openly proclaim their political ideals, because calling yourself a fascist in italy is pretty much like calling yourself a pedophile.
can u imagine a catholic stepping into the vatican and screaming "i root for the devil!!!" that doesn't make sense, does it? well what di canio does is pretty much the same.
he's ridiculous, pathetic and rightly despised by italians (because no matter wheter u really are a fascist or not, if u call yourself a fascist, then u deserve to be treated as such), but yeah, when he talks about fascism he doesn't really know what he's talking about..... wich is absolutely perfect as long as he stays out of italy, as nobody really knows anything about fascism outside italy.
Gerd said:
In most other countries there is a taboo around historic vilains like Mussolini and Hitler. Italians are more open minded in their judgment of Mussolini. According to Richardson who interviewed Di Canio about this, DI Canio is not the racist most English people make of him. Any thoughts about this from the Italian people of this forum
i disagree with both statements.
first of, there's nothing weird with someone being fascist but not racist. fascism as an ideology infact didn't really have an anti-semite sentiment in it. most people don't know this because they often think fascism and nazism were pretty much the same thing.

usually everytime i say this to a foreigner they reply "but what about the so called italian racial laws then!"
well there's an interesting story behind the racial laws. first of all, it might be worth mentioning that fascism rose to power in 1922, while the racial laws were only approved in 1938 (when the fascist dictatorship was about to end).... that should already raise a few questions
"if fascism supported discrimination, how come the racial laws were only approved 16 years after fascism rose to power?"
and even more to the point, "if fascists were racists, how come mussolini had to enforce discrimination through laws?"
well here's why: once the italian population realised that thousands of jews were being collected by the germans on italian soil and sent to death in germany, they started hiding jews inside their homes and forging fake passports for them. the germans obviously couldn't tolerate their "trustworthy allies" to operate against their will behind their back, so hitler sent goebbels in italy to "persuade" mussolini to take care of the situation.
mussolini didn't obey at first, because he already had his hands full trying to control the italian resistance and he couldn't really care less about "the jews situation".... but eventually goebbels "invested enough funds in italy" (he bribed mussolini) to persuade mussolini it was convenient to have a discrimination program in italy.
but the italian population had very different ideas, so the racial laws were mussolini's way to tell the italians "ok, from now on, not only it will be forbidden to hide jews, but u will also have to cooperate with the german soldiers deporting jews to germany".
Italian Racial Laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so yeah, being a fascist, doesn't necessarily mean being a racist..... it still means being a disgusting bastard (or at the very least an inexcusable ignorant).

as for richardson other 2 statements....
Gerd said:
He also says that Italians are rather realistic when assessing Mussolini, they see all the bad things he has done but also don't hesitate to mention the positive things he did.
well let me put it like this: next time u talk to an italian, try and defend fascism, and u'll see how "open minded" italians are about fascism!
word of advice.... be ready to run for your life! :P
Gerd said:
In most other countries there is a taboo around historic vilains like Mussolini and Hitler.
i also disagree with that. in my experience foreigners don't really know anything about fascism.
try this experiment. ask any guy about fascism and they'll all tell u they same thing: that it was a dark chapter in italy's history, that it was a terrible and bloody totalitarian rule and that mussolini was a bastard.
then try and ask some follow up questions, like "yeah, but what was fascism really about? how did mussolini rise to power and what did italians think of mussolini at the time?"
u'll notice most people outside italy can't answer any of theese questions. most of them will tell u "u know what, i just realised i don't really know anything about fascism".
people outside italy don't know fascism and are usually inclined to believe fascism and nazism were just 2 different shades of the same color.
so how can u consider a "taboo" something people don't even know about. they all despise fascism (wich is a good reaction), but they don't really know why they should infact despise fascism.
italians on the other hand, know fascism very well, because it's part of our history. most italians guys have a father or a grandfather who fought with the resistance, or who died at the hands of the fascist army or the nazi army (wich was a consistent presence in italy), so we all have very strong feelings about fascism.

sorry for the long off topic, but i couldn't really answer your questions with only a few lines :))

Last edited:

Thanks for the answers. I realise that don't know much about fascism although i've even read some (English) books about it.

Oh and what you say about Che Guevara, communism, anarchism and Proudhon...that was me 30 years ago...I considered myself a maoïst until i studied Chines and started reading some books about Mao, the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution....i was deeply embarassed for my idiotic behaviour...so i was a Di Canio before Di Canio could read a book.

I still considers myself as being 'very leftist' but i don't like the way most left people govern or adminstrate....every time i vote left and every single time afterwards i'm bitterly disappointed.

Ben, i hope one day we could meet "live" and have a long discussion about football and politics...i hope we don't end up fighting. I respect you enormously but i have a feeling we have totally different ideas (which i fine by me now, i have the same ideologic differences with my wife).

Sorry for the off-topic.

Oh and what you say about Che Guevara, communism, anarchism and Proudhon...that was me 30 years ago...

we've all been there. i'm not ashamed to say i had my own beloved che guevara t-shirt when i was a teenager :))
Gerd said:
Ben, i hope one day we could meet "live" and have a long discussion about football and politics...i hope we don't end up fighting. I respect you enormously but i have a feeling we have totally different ideas
different ideas about what? u're a leftist and u like palermo football club. as far as i'm concerned we agree on everything that really matters :D
besides i never fight with people with different ideals. fighting is a waste of time and energy.... it's much more stimulating to talk. afterall talking with someone who shares your same opinions usually leads to the most boring conversations.
of course, if u were a fascist, i wouldn't really enjoy the conversation, but i still wouldn't fight u :))
getting back on topic, the derby della lanterna (samp-genoa) is on tomorrow.
i'd hate to see genoa lose and risk relegation, but still, better them than palermo, so forza samp!!! :))

Back
Top Bottom