Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread - 2009/10 Season

They reached the group stage but honestly, is they keep playing like this, they won't go farer then the next stage.
I have to disagree. Yesterday they suffered a lot from Vargas' mistakes, but after all they showed they can play pretty good: Jovetic was outstanding (and yes, he should also have been awarded a penalty) and Mutu, though being nowhere near his usual form, played quite well too..
If they manage to play like they played yesterday's second half, they can easily be a hard opponent for everyone ;)

In the end it's not a matter of poorness of the players, they just played the first half with a wrong mentality (probably trying to keep the 0-0).
Proof is that when they got "forced" to play offensive, the result was that wonderful Jovetic goal and some good chances to go even ahead 2-1.

i dunno mate... there were lots of people at my place yesterday, so i couldn't really pay attention to the match.... but from what i saw, i had the feeling fiorentina was displaying some real poor football.....
but i might well be mistaking... like i said, i wasn't focused on the match at all.

in any case even if they really did play as bad as i felt, it's still august, so no big deal.... actually being in a bad shape at this point of the season should be considered as a good sign. if they won't get "in the zone" before mid-september, they'll be sure they won't loose form by december.

oh btw Neoexodus, thanks for the info u gave me about sporting in the champions league thread. appreciate it ;)
Just saw Di Natale's goal from the weekend. Wow. :)
Antonio did it again! twice didn't he?!! :D

yup, nice goal.... and it must have been a nice match aswell.... at least that's the feeling i get looking at the highlights :))

Last edited:

I were in Alghero, unfortunately I'm already back..
in alghero?!?
oh my god, i spent my whole holidays there (i was born there and i got home in "l'alguè"),i've been there for a month this year...
maybe if you'll come back there again next summer let me know it,i'll be glad to drink some ichnusa with you ale :)

Alghero is great, I was there a few summers ago. Torre dei Corsari has a beautiful beach from what I remember!
torre dei corsari? maybe you mean "torre del lazzareto" , i know torre dei cani,torre del lazzareto, torre degli ebrei,torre del porticciolo,torre della dragunara (just near capocaccia") but never heard about corsari's one

Adds that bit of creativity know. They have some squad, If they all manage to click then the Champions League could be a real possibility.

YouTube - Totti - 4 - e a casa !

ha, Totti couldn't have said it better. No wonder Milan fans were so "schtum" after the draw with Bari :LOL: I've always suspected Gatusso was a mindless idiot, playing with too much warrior-like emotion... guess he was also in a hurry to get off the field :LOL: But thing is, if we're going to beat Milan in such a fashion, why not go 6-0 to avenge our 6-1 trouncing a few years back? I still hurt from those days... Oh well, there's always next half of the season :D

Milan totally humiliated. When will they learn they filling a side with over 30's will not work. Milan should rebuilded in the summer. Got rid of the dead wood and brought in some younger players to build for the future. This current side has no future. How can Leonardo have a plan when his side is so old.

Wow, 4-0? I just saw the highlights of the match, but from what i saw, it seemed fair. They only showed 1 attack, and it was when Zambrotta crossed and ronaldinho started arguing with the ref about stanko pushing him. After that, not a single one. Inter were all over AC. Its going to be a humiliating season for milan, leonardos days are pretty much counted from here on.
Sneijder seemed to understand that he is needed in that team, and that he will employ that creative mind role for the hole team.
Btw were these the formation of the game?

J.Cesar
Maicon Samuel Lucio Chivu
Motta Stanko (who was here?)
Sneijder
Etoo Milito

Milan
Zambrotta Nesta (?) Jankulovski
Pirlo Gattuso Flamini
Ronaldinho
Pato Borrielo

gattuso, despite his looks and all the obvious clicheès, is one of the smartests men in the whole football industry, mate. his mistake was caused by an adrenaline rush....plus he was in serious pain... it's absolutely exscusable.

very impressive performance by inter yesterday.... as for milan, the situation is not as bad as it looked yesterday.... the gap with inter is big of course, but yesterday they also had some bad breaks.

the "milan is an old team" point is getting really ridiculous. with pato (19), borriello (27), huntelaar (26), flamini (25), abate (22), silva (24) di gennaro, (21) and antonini (26), i really can't see how anybody could call this an "old team".

me 1 month ago said:
lucio to inter..... weird.. to be honest i can already see the italians destroying his (a bit undeserved) good reputation as soon as they'll watch him in action...
LOl! i did expect him to flop.... but not this much!
once again i'll just mention bergomi's comment on lucio's performance yesterday: "embarassing". and mind u, bergomi is an inter fan!
oh well, at least he can't do worst than this. at this point, he can only improve.
just one question; how can lucio be a starter in a team wich can field the likes of chivu, cordoba and samuel?

abhishek said:
Sneijder to Inter must be one of the transfers of the season.
jumbo said:
Especially at that price.
how much did he cost to inter?
he had quite an impressive debut yesterday :)

He was about €15m I think. For a player of his quality in today's market is a great deal, whether Real wanted him or not.

2giu40_berlusconi-strizzata.jpg
http://cometaperiodica.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/2giu40_berlusconi-strizzata.jpg

I was impressed by Inter yesterday, Eto'o's movement for the first goal was lovely.

I was watching the game with my brother and we had a bet that Sneijder will have a shot in the first five minutes of the game. I won the bet. :))

Also watching Thiago Motta pull up with a hamstring injury reminded me of a similar instance when he was playing for Barca. On that occasion Motta was chasing R9.

Inter look the real deal know! Squad depth is just awesome also. Cambiasso wasn't even playing :SHOCK:. My tip for the Champions League.

Wow, 4-0? I just saw the highlights of the match, but from what i saw, it seemed fair. They only showed 1 attack, and it was when Zambrotta crossed and ronaldinho started arguing with the ref about stanko pushing him.
Actually, Milan were the better side in the beginning. Everyone could see Inter were nervous but that's expected since for half the team, this was their first derby. And Stanko didn't push Dinho by the way, he tripped himmself up :LOL:

Btw were these the formation of the game?

J.Cesar
Maicon Samuel Lucio Chivu
Motta Stanko (who was here?)
Sneijder
Etoo Milito

Milan
Zambrotta Nesta (?) Jankulovski
Pirlo Gattuso Flamini
Ronaldinho
Pato Borrielo
Yep. Except Zanetti played on the right of midfield, and Motta on the left. And Thiago Silva partnered Nesta in defence. (How good was Nesta by the way??)

his mistake was caused by an adrenaline rush....plus he was in serious pain... it's absolutely exscusable.
:LOL: you can afford to say that because it wasn't your side that lost 4-0. At this point Milan were 2-0 down and it was a little before half-time. There's no excuse for such a reaction especially since he was about to be subbed off. And why wasn't Seedorf warmed up already, Gattuso was limping around the pitch for a good while before asking to be subbed.

the "milan is an old team" point is getting really ridiculous. with pato (19), borriello (27), huntelaar (26), flamini (25), abate (22), silva (24) di gennaro, (21) and antonini (26), i really can't see how anybody could call this an "old team".
I agree. The problem with Milan is coehsion. And then the 'core' of the team consists of Nesta (injury prone), Ronaldinho (incosistent and immobile) and Pato (young and overburdened). Therein lies the real problem.

A lot of great games this weekend, particularly the Palermo-Fiorentina match up... I saw many good things from Palemro vs Napoli last weekend (and bad things -- Cavini's skied shot late in the second half :LOL::APPLAUD:). And i want to see more of Pastore. It already looks like he's settled in well, playing with a certain elegance, flair and self assurance, like Kaka in his early days with less reliance on speed, more so combination plays and neat passes.

Also watching Thiago Motta pull up with a hamstring injury reminded me of a similar instance when he was playing for Barca. On that occasion Motta was chasing R9.

yep, i seem to remember that :))
if he wouldn't have been so fragile, thiago's career would have been soo different... such a nice player.

rfu said:
you can afford to say that because it wasn't your side that lost 4-0. At this point Milan were 2-0 down and it was a little before half-time. There's no excuse for such a reaction especially since he was about to be subbed off. And why wasn't Seedorf warmed up already, Gattuso was limping around the pitch for a good while before asking to be subbed.

just think at the zidane incident during the world cup final. he was tired, exhausted, and he had some serious pain at his shoulder. he was frustrated coz he felt he couldn't make it anymore... he even asked domenech to sub him (and that miserable idiot pretended not to notice it)....in theese kind of circumstances every little thing can get u beyond the limit, make u loose your coolness.... it's absolutely understandable.

gattuso's situation was quite similar.... sure a league match is not on par with a world cup final, in terms of pressure and intensity... but one of the best things about gattuso is that every match is the most important match for him.

rfu said:
How good was Nesta by the way??
my father came up with quite an appropriate comparison yesterday. he said "he's like a ferrari" he defines a standard by himself. u might not drive a ferrari for years, decades. u drive other cars, aston, porsche and u think to yourself those cars are top class (since they actually are amazing machines).... then one day u drive a ferrari again... and as soon as push a little bit, u say wow, so that's how it felt to drive a ferrrari"
we have plenty of great cbs out there today, ferdinand, vidic, carvalho, puyol....... we use to define their standard as world class..... and it is indeed. the thing is i haven't seen nesta playing in so much time i forgot how different he was. till 2 weeks ago if someone would have asked me about nesta, i would have probably said "he was on a league of his own, but i have to admit there are many cbs out there who are almost on his same level".

it's quite normal actually, we don't see some players for years (usually coz they retire) and our memory plays tricks on us. we tend to overestimate them (whoever u ask today, they'll tell u zoff was god himself) or to underestimate em, as i did with nesta.
i'm not a milan fan, but i'm so glad he helped me remember what player he is...... i just hope it will last.... wich, given his fragility,is quite unlikely.

rfu said:
A lot of great games this weekend, particularly the Palermo-Fiorentina match up... I saw many good things from Palemro vs Napoli last weekend
really? honestly i was quite disappointed by palermo last week.... napoli was all over us. thankfully fiorentina doesn't seem in good shape either..... but since we're playing in firenze, i don't really have high expectations.

Palermo will lose against fiorentina.

*waits lo zios reaction* :JAY: :SMUG:
:D
man i've been unnecessarily rude and unpolite with u in the past.... in 2 occasions (and i'm sorry about it)
so now u can tell me anything u want and i'll let u get away with it :WASTED:
besides, i kinda share your feeling :((

ale said:
..in addition I can clearly see Jorgensen coming in from the bench with 2 minutes left and score the 1-0 goal with a screamer

hey, don't push me too much, boy :MAD:
if martin actually scores, i'll come looking for u, capiche!?! :PIRATE:

sorry, i just finished to watch "the goodfellas"
:LMAO:

Last edited:

What a goal!

DIEGO!!!!!!!!!!!! - Cracking finish

And great game from Melo so far.

yeah it was a great goal indeed. :)) cassetti and riise did 2 huge mistakes though.
great goal from de rossi too.
quite a good match actually, at least for serie a's summer standards... it was a very good idea to move all the games to the evening.

as for melo.... that free kick that lead to roma's goal was entirely his fault.

dominic, i just noticed the picture.... give the guy a break. poor old man, he's 73.... he probably can't hold it anymore :P :DD

Before I go to sleep :

A fantastic performance overall from Juventus, and a good game from Roma. Melo showed great qualities with passing and tackling, and Diego played a brilliant game and two very good goals. However, I'm a bit worried that sometimes it looks like Juve leaves a lot of unmarked players on the wing.

Also De Ceglie showed some good signings of quality, but the kid needs some confidence. Hopefully we'll see more of him.

I'm very happy with the performance, and a very entertaining game.

Good night

Oh man, I really was optimistic when Lucarelli reduced the difference to one goal. I watched some parts of the second half and Lucarelli again had a big opportunity to score the equaliser but he failed. He should have passed the ball to Tavano who was in a much better position.

Anyway, after the national team break Livorno is going to have a tough programme, facing Milan at home and then Juve at Olimpico.

Back
Top Bottom