Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Not really sure what "most" people will get it on. Console probably. PS4 for me initially. PC later in the year when I get my new rig.

New circuits have just been added to the game:

Sonoma Raceway - Formerly Sears Point Raceway/Infineon Raceway

Dammit, this game needed to come out now - I'm going up to the Sonoma track the weekend after next and wanted to use the game to learn it!

Am stoked for this...definitely a PC buy for me.

"We can now guarantee a release date for Project CARS for 8th May for PS4, Xbox One and PC!"

So it now looks like the game has gone gold..

Very very hyped for this. Not at all hyped for Codemaster's game though. I'd put good money on it being more of the same squit they've been producing for several years now, but with improved graphics.

They always say that about games. I've lost count of the amount of times god of war or gran turismo claimed to have maxed the ps2 out only for another game to improve later.

Ye, maybe. I think it's a pretty accurate assessment with the Xbox though. Not sure what Microsoft was thinking when it built that thing. Now, where did I read that article...:THINK:

Which system are people buying this on?

At the moment I will probably buy on PS4 so I can play a couple of people for fun as I believe the PC scene will be a bit too hardcore for me...
But will also look into buying the PC version at a later date if the game is any good as give it 6 months and this game will be full of decent mods and probably under £10.

Xbox One

Really disappointed in the car list though, there are looooooaads of top manufacturers missing.

Just played it on PS4.

One problem: The boxing crew commands are coming through the controller speakers but I play with headphones via my TV and can't hear them. Any way to change that?

Last edited:
Xbox One

Really disappointed in the car list though, there are looooooaads of top manufacturers missing.

Impossible for SMS to secure some licenses due to their limited budget. However, there are more cars of new manufacturers coming.

The engine sounds are superb. I put my headphones on, connected to the mixamp and when the race started and the engines are going off I had a huge smile on my face.

The actual gameplay is really quite hard going as I'm not a massive racer fan so I'm happy on "Novice" and to actually pass a car! Very easy to lose control of the car but it does feel great to drive.

I have noticed stuttering (Xbox One), mainly on corners, and it's mildly annoying but it doesn't throw me off or anything.

I played this with a DualShock last night and could barely keep a car straight while the tyres were cold. This got easier when the tyres warmed up, and with a little practice. After an hour, I was sat there smiling - it's hard as hell, and frustrating, but so very "real".

I did eventually cave and alter the controller sensitivity settings though, after I read the following quote from NeoGAF - makes a big difference in the twitchiness:

A few quick suggestions for folks new to the game and who may struggle a little with the pad controls -

Controller settings:
Steering sensitivity - 50 is linear. Lower gives you a more gentle curve. So try 35 if you find the car moving around too much [when trying to keep] a straight line.
Speed sensitivity - at higher settings it'll stop you moving the front wheels too much at speed - try a setting of 60-70.
Filtering - this really helps. Try it at 50 at first then maybe higher. Will stop all that silly jittery car movement from very slight unintended pad input.

Assists:
Don't worry about using assist, in fact it's more realistic if you do use some. Many of these racing cars were designed to use assists. So switching them off ironically makes the game less realistic. There's an option labelled "real" - this gives you assists when the real cars would use them. For example GT3 racing really does use TCS and ABS.

I played this with a DualShock last night and could barely keep a car straight while the tyres were cold. This got easier when the tyres warmed up, and with a little practice. After an hour, I was sat there smiling - it's hard as hell, and frustrating, but so very "real".

That's what I like to hear. Finally something close to a proper sim for a console. I'm looking forward to this game more than any game I can remember.

Back
Top Bottom