Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

At first I got very excited but then I saw what kind of shit games Slightly Mad Studios has parttaken in before and my expectations went through the floor...

Besides these great news the developers also shown some early sketches of the Grid Girls to be used in the game and boy must I say they look sexy ! Unfortunately I cannot post them here because they are on the edge of forum rules but believe me they would make something move down there!

That movement would be Emmeline Pankhurst spinning in her grave.

Wow, really started to get excited about his one now. Some fantastic looking videos cropping up on youtube. Can hardly believe we're going to finally get on a console, not just a fantastic looking racer with huge amounts of content, but something that genuinely looks like a proper sim.

YouTube - Project CARS Race! - (Ultra Settings) Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth @ Brands Hatch

YouTube - Project CARS - Multiplayer [b807] - Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Group A @ Zolder

YouTube - Project Cars: Online (b807) {Renault Clio RS Cup @ Hockenheim Short}

YouTube - Rennsonntag #33 - Project CARS | Ford Sierra Cosworth | Brands Hatch [G27] [PC]

YouTube - Project C.A.R.S. build 805 Merc 190E 2.5-16v EVO2 @ Nurburgring Nordschliefe

Never liked Forza or Gran Turismo. Always felt they were just pretty gfx with insipid, arcade gameplay. This looks like the game I've been waiting for. Two months and counting.....

How do you embed youtube videos here?

Last edited:
Wow, really started to get excited about his one now. Some fantastic looking videos cropping up on youtube. Can hardly believe we're going to finally get on a console, not just a fantastic looking racer with huge amounts of content, but something that genuinely looks like a proper sim.

YouTube - Project CARS Race! - (Ultra Settings) Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth @ Brands Hatch

YouTube - Project CARS - Multiplayer [b807] - Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Group A @ Zolder

YouTube - Project Cars: Online (b807) {Renault Clio RS Cup @ Hockenheim Short}

YouTube - Rennsonntag #33 - Project CARS | Ford Sierra Cosworth | Brands Hatch [G27] [PC]

YouTube - Project C.A.R.S. build 805 Merc 190E 2.5-16v EVO2 @ Nurburgring Nordschliefe

Never liked Forza or Gran Turismo. Always felt they were just pretty gfx with insipid, arcade gameplay. This looks like the game I've been waiting for. Two months and counting.....

How do you embed youtube videos here?
i haver played pcars on pc and when it was first in development it was heading to the direction you described ie a sim but now it has turned into a forza/GT.

dont expect the gameplay to be any different!

i might check this game out myself

i haver played pcars on pc and when it was first in development it was heading to the direction you described ie a sim but now it has turned into a forza/GT.

dont expect the gameplay to be any different!

i might check this game out myself

eek....I must admit I thought that video posted there by spaceman looked like total arcade shit...the worst video I've seen.

I'm not expecting something that would satisfy a 100% hardcore pc sim racer, but hopefully something that's as sim-like as Race Pro on Xbox360. I liked NFS Shift2 on 360, too, so I'm still fairly optimistic. I play with pad anyway.

Will be disappointed is it's just another forza.

I've not played pCARS myself but have plenty of trusted sim-racing friends who are members. The general opinion I'm getting is the game is trying to be an approachable sim that melds elements of Forza/Gran Turismo with a more serious and focused PC sim.

I think the jury is out on this one. The game looks stunning (maybe too good, at the risk of looking unnatural), has excellent audio and a wealth of content but I've read many criticisms of the driving physics, not helped by this project essentially being an offshoot of the rather poor Shift 2.

Can't wait to try it to be honest, just not sure it's what I'm looking for exactly.

I've not played pCARS myself but have plenty of trusted sim-racing friends who are members. The general opinion I'm getting is the game is trying to be an approachable sim that melds elements of Forza/Gran Turismo with a more serious and focused PC sim.

I think the jury is out on this one. The game looks stunning (maybe too good, at the risk of looking unnatural), has excellent audio and a wealth of content but I've read many criticisms of the driving physics, not helped by this project essentially being an offshoot of the rather poor Shift 2.

Can't wait to try it to be honest, just not sure it's what I'm looking for exactly.

Its no AC or rf2 but it will still be a nice pick up and play game.

It will be similar to forza/GT games :)

How u been anyway? You still play rf2?

I'm good. Not playing so much rF2 these past few months. Got a bit bored of waiting for the game to evolve. It's been all about R3E for me this year. That's the game to watch.

Hopefully this feels and plays as good as it looks and sounds from inside the cockpit.
fingers_crossed.png

I hadn't read up about this game before as I thought the name reminded me of a Disney film...but it actually looks rather good! I like the idea of being able to drive any car and any track from the start of the career.

Jamez - did they broadcast the Bathurst 1000 yesterday into the UK?

Ah! Bathurst was all day here, with the Moto GP on towards the end then the F1 about 4 hours later. Plus my football team won their opening game, which was played after Bathurst but before the F1. A tough afternoon lol

Was thinking about getting an Rseat and a new Fanatec wheel setup for this but it appears Fanatec kit isn't compatible with the PS4. Infact, it looks like the the only wheels that are are Thrustmaster, unless I'm missing something.:CONF:

I've got a Fanatec CSR that was once 360/PS3/PC compatible....now it's just PC compatible. :CONF:

This is one of the reasons I gave up on console gaming. I got fed up of all the proprietary peripherals. As a massive racing game fan it's PC all the way now. So much choice of wheels, pedals and shifters that all connect via USB plus other goodies like button boxes and dash displays.

The PS4 and XB1 have USB ports, right? No reason why any PC wheel shouldn't work on these consoles other than Sony and Microsoft lock them out so people buy new wheels.

Anyway, yes, Thrustmaster is the only option for a wheel compatible with a next-gen console. They make good wheels and I may consider one of their products the next time I upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom