Piggyback Official PES5 Strategy Guide

Mine arrived in the post this mornin', looks pretty damn awesome so far. This game looks deep as hell compared to pro4 :)

PLF said:
:mrgreen:

Or those endless hours YOU spend sitting on your toilet waiting for it to come out huh Stringer? :lol:

Anyways, is there a lot about game that we don't know about in there? I may be wrong but I I think I know pretty much all there is to know about the actual GAME, so would it be worth to get one and it'll surprise me with some nice new stuff I didn't know you think ?or will it be a waste of money?

Maybe those who already have it and have had a look at the content can answer this better since it might have taught them a thing or two as well that they didn't know before so it could be the same for me.
What you think you know and what is there may be very different.:) Everything in this guide is official form Konami and has quotes from Seabass, so maybe some unconfirmed things will be answered for you.

Hi all - thanks for your kind words. I'm glad that people are enjoying the guide!

If anyone has any questions about it, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

James

James- Piggybank Just wanted to say what a fantatic guide your obvious enthusiam for the game shone through and It deffinately opened my eyes to a few things. I was convinced your choice of captain influenced the game but now know its not the case.

Apparently it does. :)
I don't have the guide but I think captain does this. If he's one with high mentality he won't give up the game when you're drawing or losing and will try even harder and because he's captain, this influence will get to other players who even have LOW mentality and are abou to give up the game where as if you had set one of THOSE guys to captain, their way of thinking would influence other players that is why it's important to choose right captain with high mentality and teamwork. So others can look up to him and act as he does.

That's just my way of thinking.. could be wrong :p but this looks like a great guide anyways. Will have to look at it later if i can.

The guide confirms that selecting a captain doesn't affect anything but they hope to implement captain functions for future versions of the game.

Interesting that the guide copied the form arrows guide from another forum too ;)

You're like me, PLF. Sometimes we think about something too much and then realise there was nothing in it at all. lol

Yep thats right the captain armband doesn't do anything...it just gives the player a ethos.

Also 1 touch pass isn't atualy a one touch pass but it makes a player with this star ability shoot the ball better first time.

Zygalski said:
The guide confirms that selecting a captain doesn't affect anything but they hope to implement captain functions for future versions of the game.

Interesting that the guide copied the form arrows guide from another forum too ;)

Which forum??

LOL @ RuneEdge :mrgreen:

Stringer Bell said:
Yep thats right the captain armband doesn't do anything...it just gives the player a ethos.

Also 1 touch pass isn't atualy a one touch pass but it makes a player with this star ability shoot the ball better first time.

Are you sure about this?? lol then what the hell why is it called one touch PASS? if its about taking one timer shots?

Yep, Seabass says it's a mistranslation.

I've still got a lot of reading to do, but this guide has already opened my eyes to a few things. The first section was for new players, so I didn't pick anything up there, but into the Team Management section and beyond I'm learning some new stuff. I've been playing religiously since ISS Pro Evolution 2 (the one before PES 1) and I consider myself an experienced and well-practiced player.

It's surprising just how wrong you can be about some player attributes, in particular.

PLF said:
Are you sure about this?? lol then what the hell why is it called one touch PASS? if its about taking one timer shots?

Yeah i'm sure.

I've got some stuff to send to you when i see you online.

nerf said:
Yep, Seabass says it's a mistranslation.

I've still got a lot of reading to do, but this guide has already opened my eyes to a few things. The first section was for new players, so I didn't pick anything up there, but into the Team Management section and beyond I'm learning some new stuff. I've been playing religiously since ISS Pro Evolution 2 (the one before PES 1) and I consider myself an experienced and well-practiced player.

It's surprising just how wrong you can be about some player attributes, in particular.

Yep, agree. Your talking about the man mangement bit init?

I think it would be useful because Konami have ussually left the fans to fend for themselves. I've never read the manual for an of my PES games(the same applies to WE for obvious reasons). The greatness of the series was handed on to me by a friend many yeas ago, and I just adopted my own playing style. Everything is self-taught, as it probably is for the majority of you here, and I've pciekd up some valuable bits from the forums over the years.

In many ways I like that, because it gives freedom to people to make their own way and create their own playing style, thouugh not compeltely unique of course. The game isn't that layered.

Regardless, if someone I know picks up this guide I'll give it a look.

I'll be doing a review of the guide soon in case anyone's interested, it is looking very good so far.

Mart said:
I'll be doing a review of the guide soon in case anyone's interested, it is looking very good so far.

So what's happening with the compo then mister?

*cynically*

Or is that how you got your review copy *ahem* ;)

I've got it too - I think unless you're a real hardcore PES fanatic then there will be quite a few things you didn't know in there. There will obviously be few jaw droppers because we've all played it so much, but rarely does a page go by when I don't read something that's completely new to me. Some of the descriptions of player attributes are completely the opposite of what I thought they were. Off the top of my head, I think the Post Player attribute was one of them. Like the one touch pass, a Bizarre choice of description! Another interesting feature was the tic-tacs section. I didn't realise PES went so deep, to be honest. If you have a spare £10, it's well worth a look.

The Original Spikester said:
So what's happening with the compo then mister?

*cynically*

Or is that how you got your review copy *ahem* ;)
What are you suggesting? :)

No competition unfortunately...

iceobar said:
just buy it on amazon.co.uk (i did and got it shipped to the U.S.)

i tried ordering from amazon.co.uk... and i saw the delivery charges is more than the cost of the book!! so i was wondering if i could buy this in singapore instead

so c'mon guys what new amazing stuff do you guys know that hasn't been mentioned already...could you also clarify on the star ratings seeing as there a few translation problems apparent(e.g 1 touch pass) your insight will be greatly appreciated in the community.

Mart said:
What are you suggesting? :)

No competition unfortunately...
Hmm.. Damn :(

Was looking forward to some type of competition mainly a football trivia/knowledge one :mrgreen:

Anyways it doesn't matter I'll try to see if the guide is sold in stores anywhere here otherwise i'm afraid got no choice but to pay the high shipping costs from amazon or some other online place :roll:

Last edited:
the thing that catches me about this book is that it explaines what does each stats mean exactly... and detailed explanation on formations and tactics

if i cant find it by friday i'll just have no choice but to pay 15 pounds to amazon to have it delivered to me

Back
Top Bottom